Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

Mangal

Country flag

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
This is the condition of the Army that returns unutilsed funds to finance ministry every year.
don't think this is a funds issue, rather it is the priority list issue. focus is on the big items first which is fine, but by now in 2022 IA should have moved way past kargil era infantry gear, which does not seem to be the case . AK got held up, fine understandable. helmets, BPJ, backpacks not dependant on imports, even if we give benefit of doubt to comms upgrade getting delayed due to global semi conductor shortage.

and these are on visible side of things, can't even guess what is happening on gear that does not show up often in public view.

SGOperative

Country flag
Theoretically, yes but from what I have seen in most info available in open media points toward without any gun at all though I am not sure about handgun but unlikely. I believe sterling supply has been stopped to IA from a long time and maybe that's why. But even the 90s media and kargil war media suggests that there was no gun standard to Carl Gustav guy, so i have a strong reason to believe that what we are following is somewhat similiar to soviet basic infantry squad structure.
If you can find some pics with Carl guy having any gun that would be great to see, though rare.
IIRC i have seen the B&T MP9 in multiple cases with CG guy

SGOperative

Country flag
Long range engagement of sig requires scope, are they provided as of now
I2 Sights Tender was out At this point the delay is mixed from both the MOD and Army
Modernization also emphasize that you get ability to do tasks more effectively than previously, so are sights provided? No. Where is the plan to upgrade communications of infantry, SDR, hello where is that?

Mangal

Country flag
How much did they return in the Fiscal year which just ended?
Well as per this article it could be around 1000 crore.
Trying to find the exact amount surrendered by saheb log.

SGOperative

Country flag
Well as per this article it could be around 1000 crore.
Trying to find the exact amount surrendered by saheb log.

Dint the CCS cleared some 8000cr Deal just after this news broke

Mangal

Country flag
Nope they did that after the news came, i believe it was for the Sights for the army, Until and unless the guys went into future they cant take it into account.
Can you provide the source when the deal was cleared and There is a timeline for surrendering funds even if CCS has cleared the deal but contract is pending. If funds are still not used before FY. The same payment is taken into calculation after the next defense budget outlay is made. There are several examples where in backlog payments from previous year were made. For eg. The SIG deal is cleared by DAC. Deal is not finalised yet. Do you think army can hold funds? No.

SGOperative

Country flag
Can you provide the source when the deal was cleared and There is a timeline for surrendering funds even if CCS has cleared the deal but contract is pending. If funds are still not used before FY. The same payment is taken into calculation after the next defense budget outlay is made. There are several examples where in backlog payments from previous year were made. For eg. The SIG deal is cleared by DAC. Deal is not finalised yet. Do you think army can hold funds? No.
In that case the dealy is from the MOD side not army then, also is there some portal where they list the Deals cleared since i am trying to find the source but cant

Mangal

Country flag
In that case the dealy is from the MOD side not army then, also is there some portal where they list the Deals cleared since i am trying to find the source but cant
The point still remains. Until the contract is signed and payments finalized the clearance by CCS will not matter as the funds will have to be surrendered.
I won't go into who is to be blamed debate. But the need for funds to be better utilised by army in a timely and planned manner is pretty obvious.

SGOperative

Country flag

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles