Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
I get it . We are getting the rifles and BPJs . I don't have any clarity about thr artillery inductions but work will happen there too . At XII Corps I've seen most of the infantry units now have Sig 716s .
Apart from the 72k SIGs what have we got?
BPJ? I am pretty sure you are aware that last week a trooper of RR was KIA after a bullet hit his plate (went right through).
Isn't it slightly surprising XII corps has so many SIGs while some frontline units are using insas

Ghost68

Your father is in army, I understand it mate .
I understand it , but he too might be issued sub standard gear probably?
Thats what we don't like , the top brass .
Nai to fauj ke peeche to hum hamesha khade rahe hain , khade rahenge.
Top brass are outdated like the outdated equipment they buy and outdated tactics they use. Army needs to understand this.

Angel of War

Country flag
What data are you exactly asking for? That the NGSW can shoot 700m+ or the AK-203 can’t shoot beyond 300 accurately? Even the IA knows the issue that’s why they went to the SIG-716 for the frontline units.

Defending the indefensible is childish but pretty common tactic I see for Indian defence fanboys because it’s not like you have evidence or facts on your side . When you scratch away you’ll see the emperor has no clothes
From where did you get this data that it has a range of 300m ? For heavens sake i can't find data regarding it's effective range on Rosboronexport's website , they have only mentioned a sighting range of 800m for the rifle .
And yeah , again i am saying it , you can moan all you want but no one involved in this profession will ever give a $hit about your opinion . All you can do is ranting , you're better for nothing elese

Angel of War

Country flag
Stop flaunting it. It doesn't help. It's a very useful suggestion.

This is an open forum. Some arguments are apt and some are not.

I've heard a story about a rich family who owns a big conglomerate based out of Europe having bringing up one of their heirs out of many as a criticiser of the family and it's conglomerate. It helps in developing benefiting strategies and business ideas.

The no man is as important as a yes man, even if the argument is right. But @abingdonboy has always put up arguments a level above than anybody here. His way of putting forward his thoughts might be crude or unapologetic.
Honestly sir i have no problem regarding the criticism he makes but the problem is that it's just too toxic and often undermines the professionalism of our armed forces , sometimes he questions the training of our armed forces and undermines the standards that our soldiers have set for themselves to perform in the battlefield and deliver what is expected from them . As someone who has seen the army life very closely it makes my blood boil . Never ever have i come across something positive from his side .

Angel of War

Country flag

ShoorVeer

Country flag
Honestly sir i have no problem regarding the criticism he makes but the problem is that it's just too toxic and often undermines the professionalism of our armed forces , sometimes he questions the training of our armed forces and undermines the standards that our soldiers have set for themselves to perform in the battlefield and deliver what is expected from them . As someone who has seen the army life very closely it makes my blood boil . Never ever have i come across something positive from his side .
Agree with you completely. Most of his criticisms are valid and to the point. But at times, the way he speaks out against some things, it just comes across as extremely toxic and disrespectful.

It is a public forum and everyone has the right to express them. But just a bit more of civility would make it more pleasant for people like you, closely associated with the army to hang out in this forum. Overtime, I have seen many professionals leaving or becoming inactive on the forum.

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
Let it be judged. By tripping over some petty argument you are losing your calmness and peace. If you are so sure about our standards and are very close to the army life, then it shouldn't disturb you since you believe in what you feel.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Here is a comparision between Ak 47 and AK203 . I don't know how accurate their data is but I'll still share it here . It says that Ak203s have an effective range from 400-800m .
Just couple of questions, according to you upto what range are iron sights effective generally? And what is the effective range of the 7.62x39mm round?

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It’s a zoo on this front too like nearly every other category of equipment in the Indian Armed Forces. You’ve got plates from Foreign Sources, OFB Units, Tata, MKU, SMPP etc. of various specifications and designs.
Does anyone knows performance of mku plates

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Hum gareeb log hai
M5 afford nahi kar sakte :yawn:
Gareeb log who keep returning unspent funds to MoD each year !

What data are you exactly asking for? That the NGSW can shoot 700m+ or the AK-203 can’t shoot beyond 300 accurately? Even the IA knows the issue that’s why they went to the SIG-716 for the frontline units.

Defending the indefensible is childish but pretty common tactic I see for Indian defence fanboys because it’s not like you have evidence or facts on your side . When you scratch away you’ll see the emperor has no clothes
In all fairness the second tranche of SiG deal was most probably shelved by Babu's in MoD to pursue so called military diplomacy to please ruskie masters and Chandigarh lobby. Hence I keep reiterating IA should stop issuing piecemeal orders and order in bulk, as they know fully well that future is uncertain and Babus will sabotage deals left right and centre . For example if they had straight up ordered 3lakh Sigs maybe Babu's would have atleast approved 2L. Would have been a better state of affairs.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
IA who ordered sig 716i for longer range engagements.
Also IA, who doesn't provide scopes as standard after more than a year has passed.
There is a serious lapse in cause and effect reasoning of IA. And guys do we really need to discuss anything regarding IA small arms jungle, it's pretty much clear that a huge reorganization will be needed to make ammo and gun logistics more leaner. Also, small arms training and tactics doctrine will have to be heavily revised considering that our guys still follow much of same squad setup as that in 90s.
At this point IA is effectively decades away from the current level of western forces, well we don't even match the 2000 level of us infantry in the year 2022, that is after 22 years. And well just looking at the level PLA is upgrading, gap is gonna get wider unless we get our actions in order otherwise jai ho!
If I were to bet, I would bet on PLA than on IA.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
IA who ordered sig 716i for longer range engagements.
Also IA, who doesn't provide scopes as standard after more than a year has passed.
There is a serious lapse in cause and effect reasoning of IA. And guys do we really need to discuss anything regarding IA small arms jungle, it's pretty much clear that a huge reorganization will be needed to make ammo and gun logistics more leaner. Also, small arms training and tactics doctrine will have to be heavily revised considering that our guys still follow much of same squad setup as that in 90s.
At this point IA is effectively decades away from the current level of western forces, well we don't even match the 2000 level of us infantry in the year 2022, that is after 22 years. And well just looking at the level PLA is upgrading, gap is gonna get wider unless we get our actions in order otherwise jai ho!
If I were to bet, I would bet on PLA than on IA.
Betting on PLA than IA , wo to na hopayega sir. Mujhse

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles