Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
How many of these were ordered ? 10? 15 ? I don't consider it to be 'in service' till atleast 50k have been ordered.

Guys, can we track how many of the latest bullet proof helmets have been ordered by the IA and how many have been delievered ?

As per the following links, 1,58,000 helmets were ordered in 2017-18 from MKU.

The order was completed as of August 2021

Anymore orders after that?
Doubt it, IA is perfectly fine returning unspent money but won't order from domestic manufacturers. I mean for an army the size of atleast 4L serving personnel, should have ordered 3L helmets in one shot, especially knowing corrupt babus wont allow or screw up further orders ... Won't they ever learn ?

SGOperative

Country flag
How many of these were ordered ? 10? 15 ? I don't consider it to be 'in service' till atleast 50k have been ordered.

Doubt it, IA is perfectly fine returning unspent money but won't order from domestic manufacturers. I mean for an army the size of atleast 4L serving personnel, should have ordered 3L helmets in one shot, especially knowing corrupt babus wont allow or screw up further orders ... Won't they ever learn ?
I dont think so, The Lag this time seemed to be from the MOD for some items like sights and all which they cleared not long back in the deal size of about 8000cr along with the regular hurdles from the army. Also ordering the helmets in bunch allows them to pay more easily

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

Where do they get this kind of idea?
From the west
They have this contract based recruitment, at the end of the said contract you can opt for a renewal
This may be a conscious choice to get manpower without reducing capex on pensions and welfare

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Can More money can also be saved and used for upgrading weapons
Only pensions and welfare money can be saved
That's considering this initiative really kicks in, most people I know of got into army because the the lucrative pensions are an incentive
Another thing govt can do to incentivise this type of conscription is promoting and giving tax exemptions to Private companies who are willing to hire people who have served in the army
Which is really great, but 6 years is an awfully short period of time considering training. Either the duration is seperate or we're basically introducing high tier conscripts.
Maybe this just toes in the water, they'll go all in if they see this initiative to be successful

karn

Country flag
Only pensions and welfare money can be saved
That's considering this initiative really kicks in, most people I know of got into army because the the lucrative pensions are an incentive
Another thing govt can do to incentivise this type of conscription is promoting and giving tax exemptions to Private companies who are willing to hire people who have served in the army

Maybe this just toes in the water, they'll go all in if they see this initiative to be successful
Before all this reduce defense civilians .. their pay and pension is added to all this.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Why go through the door? Create your entrance by breaching the wall with self adhesive lining shaped explosive. This will give you the ability to dictate the terms when breaching a barricaded dwelling.
Many a times, houses are multistorey so wouldn't matter much, end of the day you will have to use the stairs. Upon breaching regular troops may not have better idea of what's on the other side as compared to enter via a door. And lastly if the person whose house has terrorist is found innocent someone might have to reimburse the damage

Tactical Doge

Country flag
I
Is it me or in the recent pictures of Ghatak, almost all of the members have a NVD compared to previously one or two in the team
Those are just propoganda pics
Don't conclude anything from official ADGPI twitter handle picture releases

They can't even get proper NODs for their Spec ops units

Global Defence

New threads

Articles