Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

JBH22

I standby mah choicee, AK SUPREMACY
Original paison bullet is a 5.45 mm one not 5.56 mm , and it was fired from AK 74
AK is also my choice.
No chills No thrills. Cheap, Reliable and fits the demographic profile of average Indian troops. Someone from village who has completed his 12th standard. Just get some UBGL and optics, get the optimum mix. I'm sure firepower of average indian squad will improve significantly over InSAs.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
AK is also my choice.
No chills No thrills. Cheap, Reliable and fits the demographic profile of average Indian troops. Someone from village who has completed his 12th standard. Just get some UBGL and optics, get the optimum mix. I'm sure firepower of average indian squad will improve significantly over InSAs.
Indeed , I agree
The stopping power , that stoping power is the reason

abingdonboy

Country flag
This seems to be part of three different uniform system one combat, one field and one ceremonial.
why would that even be needed? Why would you want a field uniform and not a combat one? Are they a fighting unit or not? What other army has that?

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
why would that even be needed? Why would you want a field uniform and not a combat one? Are they a fighting unit or not? What other army has that?
Lt Gen Syed Ata Husnain did mention that Ranks will be on the chest in combat fatigues, in Chanakya Forum
Along with this Blue patrols and white patrols are also getting replaced I think with a single dress
Only the ceremonials remain the same

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Seems like this might be exclusive to Special Forces only. The airforce's order (for Garud most probably) confirms the same I think.
Maybe Ghataks too and since CG RCL is more suited for regular infantry, it seems unlikely that they’ll get it. Don’t see any practical reasons for buying it for regular infantry.

NotASussyBoi

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles