Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

abingdonboy

Country flag
Another thing that needs to be made clear is the optics (Spectre RD Combo) don’t belong to us, they belong to the British Army and are from Exercise Ajeya Warrior.
The fk? I have seen armies let the other guys try their weapons but asking to use their pistol grips and sights on your own weapons? This is a new low. Has the Indian military got no pride?

SGOperative

Country flag
Does this mean we'll see replacement with new camo fast?
Or Will it only start with high visibility/top hierarchy?

Gen Ata Hasnain said something like the latter with full implementation in 3 years time.
From what i know it will take sometime to completely replace

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
so yea i'm leaving my predictions here of the helmet manufacturer,possible mass exfils,indian armour helmets(high cut or pasgt)but its likely tcl level 3 helmet or mku ach

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Does this mean we'll see replacement with new camo fast?
Or Will it only start with high visibility/top hierarchy?

Gen Ata Hasnain said something like the latter with full implementation in 3 years time.
Since Army will be supplying uniforms to troops, expect at least 1 year of time to see visible change at ground-level units.
The army is yet to finalize the private entity that will manufacture the uniform, and thereafter material procurement stitching, and supply will take a minimum of a year time.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
So the high visibility rank trinkets remain, entirely defeating the point of a camouflage uniform and continuing to make leadership vulnerable in the battlefield

Professionals?
Well sir , they are there what can we expect here .
First no ranks on chest and now this

Global Defence

Articles