Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Since this list is now nullified and we see that Atags cannot meet the requirements
View attachment 122736
It's french , so it's good .
Army must buy this , it will help Larsen and tubro to run their production lines too.
@BON PLAN
Same argument can be said for Elbit Athos 2052 also, same can be said to compensate Bharat Forge for not getting ATAGS order let them do this as they are Elbits make in india partner.
Both ideas are equally useless in the long run.
Rather an emergency Dhanush order with private sector through a second production line can be the fastest way to get more 155mm gun though it’s caliber is 155/45mm rather than 52, it is a short term fix, till ATAGS is “ready” for production.
Anyways this is the wrong thread for this discussion and can be continued in the Artillery thread.

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
I am interested in knowing if the combat dress will be made by ofb aka troops comfort India limited or through competitive bidding. Hope they set quality standards right for a combat dress.
Do you think there will be radical changes like kneepad integrated lower and upper dress, maybe it's just a camo change at best with patch placement changes perhaps.
Also I don't think we will be going with terrain specific camo? We are already way behind in our infantry modernisation plan, yet we still make small changes and the cycle of lagging behind others continue.
might be competitive for the manufacturers,i sure hope intregated pads are added than the old vanilla pads

Sir pe tapla

Country flag
I am interested in knowing if the combat dress will be made by ofb aka troops comfort India limited or through competitive bidding. Hope they set quality standards right for a combat dress.
Do you think there will be radical changes like kneepad integrated lower and upper dress, maybe it's just a camo change at best with patch placement changes perhaps.
Also I don't think we will be going with terrain specific camo? We are already way behind in our infantry modernisation plan, yet we still make small changes and the cycle of lagging behind others continue.
They have taken consultations from National institute of fashion design. So it's not like they chose the uniform because they like the colour, so let's hope for the best.

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
This is new config?

@abingdonboy @johnny_baba

12'o clock rail on handguard is back, the 'ledged' fire selector is back. Only deviation from original 203 seem to be the non-collapsible stock & old magazine.
seems like it news media got some pictures of it,seems like its official now

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
This is new config?

@abingdonboy @johnny_baba

12'o clock rail on handguard is back, the 'ledged' fire selector is back. Only deviation from original 203 seem to be the non-collapsible stock & old magazine.
Looks like the 3 and 9 o’clock rails sections are now optional too and knowing IA they’re probably never going to install it in large numbers.

Sir pe tapla

Country flag
Looks like the 3 and 9 o’clock rails sections are now optional too and knowing IA they’re probably never going to install it in large numbers.
Lower rail probably for Foregrip, one additional rail for torch I guess.

Apart from that, what else can be mounted on it that is going to be used for our soldiers? Mounting Infra Illuminator would be no use without NVGs and we don't hand those out anyways in most cases to regular troops.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles