Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
Bhaia kaunsa Baniya hai cantt Kai paas Jo bpj bechta hai?lol
Koi bhi yindu baniya "bpj" nai bechta bhaimya
Magr plate carrier zarur bech sakta hai

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag

weirdo01

Country flag
The hell no one!!!?
Dude, almost every other pictures you can see those generic PCs

But no trouble making it a Baniya issue
Haha yaar me saying Baniya is a catch all phrase which is still very commonly used in the army,it's just due to habit and I am sorry. Second of all dude as far as I know whether it's Kashmir or Delhi , army issues it's own gear.

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Haha yaar me saying Baniya is a catch all phrase which is still very commonly used in the army,it's just due to habit and I am sorry. Second of all dude as far as I know whether it's Kashmir or Delhi , army issues it's own gear.
No nibba
They have the freedom to purchase their own gear, including PCs, battlebelts, mag pouches, and whatnot

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
I can assure you almost no one buys this.
1632367130860.jpeg

1632367152045.jpeg

Tactical vests like these which are seen with most soldiers are purchased either by themselves with their own funds or by the unit from the unit funds from the open market. This was confirmed to us by Major Avinash sir and other veterans on the SF thread and other threads.

1632367318437.jpeg

Only this mag pouch and pittu bag are given by the unit to wear above the plate carriers which they provide which lack MOLLE to attach extra mag pouches and storage pouches as per user’s requirements as the mag pouch provided by the army is not liked by all users.
1632367501705.jpeg

The first guy is wearing the standard issue plate carrier. The tactical vests are worn over it as most soldiers prefer these vests over the standard issue mag pouches.

View attachment 111550

Last edited:

weirdo01

Country flag
View attachment 111543
View attachment 111544
Tactical vests like these which are seen with most soldiers are purchased either by themselves with their own funds or by the unit from the unit funds from the open market. This was confirmed to us by Major Avinash sir and other veterans on the SF thread and other threads.

View attachment 111546
Only this mag pouch and pittu bag are given by the unit to wear above the plate carriers which they provide which lack MOLLE to attach extra mag pouches and storage pouches as per user’s requirements as the mag pouch provided by the army is not liked by all users.
View attachment 111548
The first guy is wearing the standard issue plate carrier. The tactical vests are worn over it as most soldiers prefer these vests over the standard issue mag pouches.

View attachment 111550
Mostly from unit funds right? Like I said earlier I don't know anyone who purchased it themselves. As far as sf goes , I don't know what happens there.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Mostly from unit funds right? Like I said earlier I don't know anyone who purchased it themselves. As far as sf goes , I don't know what happens there.
Unit funds are discretionary funds that are used by unit commanders to buy stuff from the open market for smaller value items without any tendering process, this was further boosted by increasing the upper limit of purchase value after the Pathankot and Uri attacks and their aftermath and again extended after the Chinese clashes.
Because these are units discretionary funds and since they buy from the open market in small numbers each time ,there is no standardisation in the kit and all kinds on PPE are bought across units

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles