Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

jik60

Country flag
Look at US army guys full prepared..Indian soldiers look gearless..
Indias defense expenses is $67 B
US defense expenses is $700 B and i am happy with present improvements which reflects this difference.

And yes, Please do refrain from the amateurish arguments such as " ohh these are basic stuff for infantry, it can be done in 300, 3000 or x y z cror, atleast its not the way how the big guys are thinking. And I do adhere to that.

SUPERPOWER

Country flag
US defense expenses is $700 B and i am happy with present improvements which reflects this difference.

And yes, Please do refrain from the amateurish arguments such as " ohh these are basic stuff for infantry, it can be done in 300, 3000 or x y z cror, atleast its not the way how the big guys are thinking. And I do adhere to that.
Somalian forces....

SmartSelect_20210210-234802_Chrome.jpg

jik60

Country flag
Thats, exactly what I requested not to do. But anyways, realization comes with time n age.

Somalia doesn't need to defend itself from an islamic nuclear rogue stste and the most powerful rogue nuclear state together. It won't require to safeguard 7000 odd km coastline, it doesn't has to dominate IOR, it ain't require to maintain atleast 600 od 4+ gen mil aircrafts and it definitely not needed to have 4000 mbt and same number of artillery pieces.

What I m trying to say is, its absolutely necessary to have super soldier as infantry with ultra modern equipment but that comes as the last brick on the pyramid structure of priorities, just like how service sectors come after the manufacturing. And India has to accept it due to lack of enough resources. Its the hard truth.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Last edited:

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Thats, exactly what I requested not to do. But anyways, realization comes with time n age.

Somalia doesn't need to defend itself from an islamic nuclear rogue stste and the most powerful rogue nuclear state together. It won't require to safeguard 7000 odd km coastline, it doesn't has to dominate IOR, it ain't require to maintain atleast 600 od 4+ gen mil aircrafts and it definitely not needed to have 4000 mbt and same number of artillery pieces.

What I m trying to say is, its absolutely necessary to have super soldier as infantry with ultra modern equipment but that comes as the last brick on the pyramid structure of priorities, just like how service sectors come after the manufacturing. And India has to accept it due to lack of enough resources. Its the hard truth.
These are exact the reason why the Indian Armed Forces needs to be equipped with best equipment available to confront all challenges posed by the enemy on all terrain and conditions. India needs to bring the forces to up standard with rest of the world so we can continue to dominate or sit in equal footings against our enemies in both IOR and LOC/LAC.

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
In the last pic the ACH has some velcro like thing, what is it for?
And usually in bilateral exercises IA troops wear their bpj, surprising that they aren't this time.
Those helmets are actually few of those 50,000 with integrated communication, but in these the comms are removed hence vel cro is visible.
Yes, those regular over vests with plate insets are usually worn by Army during joint exercises but this time it's the old 'pitthu' with 4-5 mag pouches.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Those helmets are actually few of those 50,000 with integrated communication, but in these the comms are removed hence vel cro is visible.
Yes, those regular over vests with plate insets are usually worn by Army during joint exercises but this time it's the old 'pitthu' with 4-5 mag pouches.
You have any pic of troops wearing helmets with integrated communications?

JBH22

Don't forget successive amounts have been returned because amount could not be spent.
Saint Anthony never took a stand for a decade add to that corruption in MOD and in army also. This is why despite having a near 70bn defence budget the average grunt looks like a rag tag militia.
Having said that good progress have been made as compared to UPA days. Not to forget fights do not occur in built up areas, units patrol long distance which is not possible with heavy gear.
but when i compared Russian police in Caucasus and RR troops in Kashmir, the difference is quite disheartening.

SUPERPOWER

Country flag

What type of GYAAN it is !!!!!!.. Combat exercises are the simulation of Real Time War Condition. Are we doing it just sake of doing it by spending hardearned tax payers money?? Do you think yankies are foools to send their soldiers 14000 kms away well prepared and geared for fun !!!!! Soldiers equipment and gear will always have a phycological impact on enemy..they will always think thrice before they do any misadventure..We will have to leave this CHALTA HAI attitude otherwise porks shits like China, Pakistan and Turkey will always hurt us.

AMCA

Country flag
Defence Secretary Ajay Kumar, who heads the Defence Procurement Board (DPB), finally pulled the plug on the acquisition last September. The earlier deal was questioned by senior defence ministry officials on two grounds—i) the carbines were costlier than the US-made SiG 716 assault rifles also imported under the FTP last year for over Rs 700 crore; and ii) the defence ministry officials noted that no part of the weapons was being manufactured indigenously. Last September, Caracal had offered to manufacture all the rifles in-country as part of the government’s Make in India initiative.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Defence Secretary Ajay Kumar, who heads the Defence Procurement Board (DPB), finally pulled the plug on the acquisition last September. The earlier deal was questioned by senior defence ministry officials on two grounds—i) the carbines were costlier than the US-made SiG 716 assault rifles also imported under the FTP last year for over Rs 700 crore; and ii) the defence ministry officials noted that no part of the weapons was being manufactured indigenously. Last September, Caracal had offered to manufacture all the rifles in-country as part of the government’s Make in India initiative.
this gives a chance to local players like SSS defence.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Looks like carbine saga 3.0 has just started.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles