Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
Is it our indigenous MKU HCBH?

SRG Tactical
Initially supplied helmets to NSG when they switched from their Spetsnaz type helmets to ACH/MICH type. And also those helmets of Bihar Police STF/ATS were supplied by SRG Tactical. My friend Kushal Sinha gave this information to me when he met one of the STF officer.
murder.jpg
2017_11$largeimg30_Nov_2017_093113185.jpg

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
As per the article TAR is priced at Rs. 55000. Add FAB defense kit to that, and it will cost even more.

IMHO price should be reduced to Rs. 30000 to make it competitive with Arsenal AKs.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Why they're using guns chambered in 7.62*39 is a mystery to me.

I swear, whoever wrote the GSQRs and CAPF requirements was high. Otherwise why would we want to go for 7.62x39 of everything.
CRPF was using Insas 1B with the OFB 5.56 ammo, which had a greater penetration than the standard NATO ammo. Still they are not satisfied with 5.56 ammo, and want to switch wholesale to 7.62*39 for assault rifles and 7.62*51 for LMG, Sniper and DMR.

Also, CRPFs and other CAPFs does not issue GSQRs like Army. Based on their expeirence, they move the requirement with Home-Ministry officials who issue tender. This type pof procurement process is much simpler than Army. Earlier it was bulk import of Bulgarian AKs, now they are going for TARs.

Killbot

Country flag
CRPF was using Insas 1B with the OFB 5.56 ammo, which had a greater penetration than the standard NATO ammo. Still they are not satisfied with 5.56 ammo, and want to switch wholesale to 7.62*39 for assault rifles and 7.62*51 for LMG, Sniper and DMR.

Also, CRPFs and other CAPFs does not issue GSQRs like Army. Based on their expeirence, they move the requirement with Home-Ministry officials who issue tender. This type pof procurement process is much simpler than Army. Earlier it was bulk import of Bulgarian AKs, now they are going for TARs.
Semantics....
7.62 is the wrong choice in this day and age.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
View attachment 75005
So now ofb made their own clone of AR-M14SF
every aspect of this gun is copied, atleast come up with some original stuff!!
maybe improve the rear iron sight, mabe mold a more ergonomic pistolgrip, come up with a way to mount optics and lights, maybe come up with a better flash hider design.
Nope.

Killbot

Country flag
every aspect of this gun is copied, atleast come up with some original stuff!!
maybe improve the rear iron sight, mabe mold a more ergonomic pistolgrip, come up with a way to mount optics and lights, maybe come up with a better flash hider design.
Nope.
Screw it. That thing is going nowhere. Good luck hitting anything beyond 70m. The bullet won't even be stabilized in that barrel. One of the reasons why 7.62*39 is a trash caliber.

Last edited:

Harbinger

कसाई
AKS-74U in 7.62x39mm Russian.
Russian aks-74u comes with a stamped receiver, only a few companies produce milled receiver AK series weapons. Arsenal being one of them and this gun in my post features the same superficial design along with a milled receiver so more of a direct Bulgarian copy, just like its full size variant Trichy assault rifle which is the knock off of an arsenal AK. And last but not least, the butt stock assembly, exclusive to arsenal.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles