Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Hardly possible for such a small company and I don't think they have the capacity either.

A common clerk in government offices asks for a 500 ka note for issuing a domicile You think they will pass a billion dollar deal honesty?
The IAS, IRS,IFS are a curse they were supposed to be glorified accountant but ended up holding the monopoly over Defence expenditure.

We need our own pentagon, this government also acts as jagirdar of armed forces
The Army didn’t even start the construction of there new Military HQ. In my opinion the new Army HQ looks like a building you would find in a IT Park not a Military Headquarters of the second largest army in the world. If this How that project is going how will the armed forces start a new pentagon type supreme command center.

Last edited:

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Here is my simplest idea:

Assault rifle: AK 203 762x39
DMR: Sig 716 G2 762x51
GPMG: Negev 7 762x51
Sniper: Gepard Lynx 12.7
Heavy MG: Kord 12.7

You can equip 90%+ of troops with these systems, only 3 calibers required. Its incredible to me this issue wasn't sorted in the 5 years following Kargil,
Better idea:
6.5 Grendel AK style assault rifle for all of infantry:
DMR, Assault Rifle and carbine.
6.5 grendel belt fed LMG.
.338 LM GPMG
.338 LM Sniper.
Only 2 calibers.
Indian Army will never get rid of the older calibers. Pretty sure it’s going to be a mix of everything.

WolfPack86

Country flag
The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) in it arms trade register documents a 2003 deal for supply of 250 launchers and 3,000 Kornet-E missiles. This has been affirmed by writing of Brigadier Gurmeet Kanwal (retd) where he mentioned induction of these missiles. It is generally believed that these missiles were imported after lesson learnt in employment of ATGMs in Kargil war. A missile like Kornet with heavy cum specialized warhead (thermobaric) will be able to take out the kind of fortified structures encountered during Kargil War.
Considering the relatively small number of launchers and missiles ordered, it is very likely that these were for specialized units like dedicated ATGM battalions (which existed earlier). But as explained in next section, ATGM units themselves have converted to tracked and wheeled Recce & Support (R&S) role.

It is not clear at present which arm - infantry or mechanized infantry - employs this potent missile.

(A.3.1) Missile details
9M113 Kornet (NATO reporting name: AT-14 ‘Spriggan’) is a heavy laser-beam riding ATGM which is meant to destroy the most well armoured tanks. It was developed as a successor to AT-4/AT-5 family of missiles with the objective of taking on the heavy western main battle tanks. But given the prize of the missile and state of Russian economy post 1991, one-on-one replacement was ruled out.
The missile has achieved fame, or notoriety, depending on who you speak to, for knocking out leading main battle tanks like US Abrams and Israeli Merkava. One of the main reasons ascribed to Hezbollah knocking out 40+ Israeli tanks during 2006 Lebanon invasion was use of Kornet-E missile.
The missile system consists of 9P163-1 portable launcher with 1P45-1 Sight Tracker, mechanical drives to steer the missile and 1PN79-1 Thermal Imager. The Kornet Missile comes in two configurations – 9M133-1 (anti-tank-HEAT-tandem warhead) and 9M133F-1 (thermobaric warhead for bunkers/fortified positions).
The missile weighs 29 kg with tube and the whole launcher with missile weights in excess of 50 Kg. The 1PN79-1 Thermal Imager itself weights more than 11 kg. Kornet-E is not exactly a man-portable system – it can be carried short-distance by a 2-man crew but needs a vehicle for longer range movement.

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
The back Looks way under protected. The plate doesn’t cover the whole back area.
Modern Plate Carriers & integrated vests are not meant to cover whole back. They have already mentioned about 'Low gear requirement & low threat perception'. Usually these armour plates aren't that big like riot gear to cover whole rear portion. Protection fully depends on the armour plate inserted even if the fabric covers whole back.

RR
This plate seems to be covering half portion.
20200829_153014.jpg

This one slightly larger which almost covers 2/3rd.
But again more protection = more weight & there are chances of getting your movements hampered.
48371013_198485567771379_1323417180678651904_n~01.jpg

Some foreign references
wFCWDGV.jpg
C8eFSg4XYAE-4Hr (1).jpg

D7Yyz1yWwAE6Pfn.jpg

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Modern Plate Carriers & integrated vests are not meant to cover whole back. They have already mentioned about 'Low gear requirement & low threat perception'. Usually these armour plates aren't that big like riot gear to cover whole rear portion. Protection fully depends on the armour plate inserted even if the fabric covers whole back.

RR
View attachment 64158

But again more protection = more weight & there are chances of getting your movements hampered.
View attachment 64167

Some foreign references
View attachment 64160View attachment 64161
View attachment 64165
It was my mistake. I didn’t see Picture of the Plate Carrier clearly. I accidentally thought plate carrier had missing areas in the back. the Please ignore my earlier post related to the the Armasen Tactical Plate Carrier. Anyway thanks for your explanation.

Killbot

Country flag

RR
View attachment 64158

View attachment 64167

Some foreign references
View attachment 64160View attachment 64161
View attachment 64165
The cop second picture has the plate 4-5" under where it needs to be

rohit b3

Country flag
These equipment are only during photo-shoots and documentaries. Never in my life i have seen RR personnel in operation with equipement such as these.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles