Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Equipments used by basic Infantrymen of US Army in 2020
This is outrageous, most even our SFs lack!
Indian Army is trying even if it’s super slow to close the Gap. Imagine comparing an Indian Soldier back from 2000 to 2010s to Western Soldiers in the same timeframe. We can see the Gap was so wide. Our soldiers looked like how Vietnam Cong looked like back in Vietnam War.

Last edited:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Indian Army is trying even if it’s super slow to close the Gap. Imagine comparing an Indian Soldier back from 2000 to 2005 to Western Soldiers in the same timeframe. We can see the Gap was so wide. Our soldiers looked like how Vietnam Cong looked like back in Vietnam War.
Some vietnam lads had good equipment even back then.

1551671160978.png

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Yea the US Army and US Marines were pretty well equipped by the standards of that time. But Our soldiers looked like the Viet Cong in equipment and uniform wise in the 2000s.
It should be possible to modernize in just 5 to 10 years if they really get down to it.
The key here is localised mass production like how china did with their industry.
Stuff like body armour, knee pads and helmet aren't that big of a deal just the government needs to get serious.

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
What is that guy in the front wearing? Royal Enfield "Dug Dug Dug" Ballistic Helmet?

@Unknowncommando 2 for the same guy, which really fat looking gun is that guy holding? I can only see the wide body and muzzle device on a super short barrel.
That's impact resistant helmet usually used for para jump training just like high cut bumps with vents.

On the left IWI S-TAR 21 (Bipod) 18.1 Inch Barrel with MEPRO X4 Scope
On the right IWI C-TAR 21 15 Inch Barrel with MEPRO MOR Sight

Akula

Country flag
IMO we need standardization. I have seen soldiers wearing helmets with covers, whose camo doesn't match with the uniform's camo. Armed forces should choose proper suppliers rather than buying from different ones. Even when Rajnath Singh visited Indian Navy ship, the sailors were wearing helmets with Army camo.

Killbot

Country flag
IMO we need standardization. I have seen soldiers wearing helmets with covers, whose camo doesn't match with the uniform's camo. Armed forces should choose proper suppliers rather than buying from different ones. Even when Rajnath Singh visited Indian Navy ship, the sailors were wearing helmets with Army camo.
Some people in Army use black, some use DPM, some use marpat.. Its a fricking zoo. Standardization is pretty much impossible armt this point.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
My only wish is to see our basic Infantrymen like this. As long as indegenous companies are competent and given chance, anything can happen!
Yes definitely brother. I want every Indian soldier to be equipped like that with an excellent standardized camouflage and modern accessories.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Noice.. I'd love to see any Indian unit adopt it. Not too optimistic though.
Hardly possible for such a small company and I don't think they have the capacity either.

A common clerk in government offices asks for a 500 ka note for issuing a domicile You think they will pass a billion dollar deal honesty?
The IAS, IRS,IFS are a curse they were supposed to be glorified accountant but ended up holding the monopoly over Defence expenditure.

We need our own pentagon, this government also acts as jagirdar of armed forces

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles