Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
the fact that ofbs is more expensive than that really makes me go hmmmmm.

hand grenades are essential items and even 4000rs is too much,i want a stack of grenades and they should lower the price to 100rs so that i can buy them too:tongue:
Once the company gains a stable order they will try to decrease prices.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
New SIG SAUER 716 (7.62×51mm) Battle Rifle with mounted Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) Holographic Sight

Probably first picture of this rifle with Sight
View attachment 61813
Aaah ! Finally good to see it with optics, esp with a locally manufactured one ! I hope this is standardized across all the SiGs that are rolled out.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
There was some talk about, changing the camouflage of army uniform.
So which one did they choose or it has left for now ?
Because the current pattern is based on a French pattern , according to camopedia , which I believe is not right , india should get it's own camo .

Are there ways to stop civilians, and paramilitary from stop wearing army combat uniforms.
I saw some jawans of Maharashtra state armed police , and I thought they were army people but when I looked carefully, it was Maharashtra police not indian army insignia on their shoulders .
It can confuse others , and frighten people who dont really know about it .

Gessler

Country flag
There was some talk about, changing the camouflage of army uniform.
So which one did they choose or it has left for now ?
It's an ongoing process, several types are being tested but nothing announced officially so far. Don't expect much to change on the ground in next 5 years, even if a new uniform is chosen soon.

Because the current pattern is based on a French pattern , according to camopedia , which I believe is not right , india should get it's own camo .
The design of the swatches may have been inspired by French CE pattern but the colour palette of the Indian uniform is unique, see for yourself:

image-97.jpeg

French:
CE.jpg

Are there ways to stop civilians, and paramilitary from stop wearing army combat uniforms.
I saw some jawans of Maharashtra state armed police , and I thought they were army people but when I looked carefully, it was Maharashtra police not indian army insignia on their shoulders .
It can confuse others , and frighten people who dont really know about it .
They are not wearing Army uniform, they are merely wearing clothes that use the same patterning & colours. It's not officially Army uniform unless it has the IA insignia embroidered into the cloth (on chest pockets & shoulder/arms):

Army -

Not Army -

IPS.JPG

But yes, a clear & unambiguous line needs to be drawn between Military and Law Enforcement (LE) personnel in terms of uniform patterns. Personally, I would discourage use of camo at all (of any kind) for any LE force that works primarily in urban environments. Not only is it largely pointless (at close engagement ranges camo is non-issue) but it also sends a wrong signal to any domestic or foreign civilian populace, as presence of military fatigues in city environments is usually indicative of local Police having lost control of law & order situation.

I have no clue why a force like CISF has to wear desert camo for guarding airports in the middle of a metropolis -

All LE forces (state or central) must avoid camos unless in special circumstances (like anti-naxal forces, border security force etc.). Black/dark blue or Tan/Khaki should be used all around.

police ar.jpg

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
what logic is print using? Just because there is a product on offer, does it mean IA will give the order to that one company only!!!

rhetorical question..
Read again, there is word 'could' in the heading itself😋.
Btw Northern command had given an order for 60 or so as per article.So most probably just like what had happened with Aks some of the Svds too will get updated and if thats worth the money more will get upfated meanwhile.Throwing away the scarcely used Svds and buying much costlier. 338 lapua weapons is not a solution.If the barrel is not worn out the update is worth every penny as we had seen what US army had done with their surplus M-14s. Buying more Galils is not at all a feasible option.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles