Mess uniform
images (35).jpeg

Ceremonial uniform
images (36).jpeg

Ceremonial Dress
images (37).jpeg

Akula

Country flag
I feel like three camo pattern will we enough to meet requirements of all terrains.

For snow to be standardised across LAC and LOC during winter.

For desert across Gurjart, Rajathan and also and also can be used in Ladkah during summer.

And a Standard all purpose green pattern

More important than these are the ear protection, gloved and goggles.
Plus shoes and backpacks.

Gessler

Country flag
In November last year, I had advocated use of Multicam/MTP-based pattern for IA's field uniform on this same thread. Hope it ends up being the one to ultimately replace PC Disruptive.

Multicam is hands down the best pattern in active usage on the planet right now which is suitable across a wide variety of terrain conditions ranging from foliage all the way to semi-arid conditions, which makes it an ideal platform for usage across multiple theatres.

Do note that pattern & colours are not the same thing. You can get multiple colour combinations (as stipulated by needs) arranged into the same overall pattern or concept of pattern. There are 5 official variations of the Multicam colours:

The MTP worn by British troops is also a variation of Multicam concepts though it is has slight changes to the pattern itself, though the colour pallet remains mostly the same:

And its high time IA moves toward theatre-specific camos which are far more suited to their respective AOs than what exists now in the form of the PC Disruptive camo.

If at all a new camo is to be brought in, I wholeheartedly support the adoption of Multicam (we don't have to license the official design, an 'edited' home-made version with some changes to colour pallet if necessary can be good enough).

The last time the need for a new fatigue became painfully evident to me personally was when I saw pictures of the Indo-Kazakh exercise Prabal Dostyk in Himachal Pradesh last year, when the uniforms worn by the visiting contingent (which use a Multicam variant) were evidently far more suited to the terrain than what the local Indian contingent was sporting -

The regular Multicam can be a very good pattern for the bulk of IA, whereas those personnel serving in Rajasthan/arid regions do indeed need to adopt Multicam Arid or some such...the current practice of using green-accented uniforms in a farking desert needs to end ASAP.

The Alpine variant may be a better alternative to using plain white which is what troops in areas such as Siachen currently use.

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
Will these be made indigenously? I'm certain that high quality fabrics and material can be provided from native industry

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
The C3 looks like on the level of current setup....while C4 may be the proposed one !!!🙄🙄🙄.

Nonetheless they have to make the rank epaulette's newer positioning spot on & not just a shoulder epaulette strapped on the front like on the Siachen Whites 🤨
Ranks strapped on the front is the new style it has been adopted by many countries across the world including the Pakis and even the bangladeshis. India like always is late to this

Last edited:

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
More like a mismatch of many Digital patterns. This is not the final so we could see a another camo. A better flacktern or PNG type could be a another optiones.
I believe Fleckentarn is the best Camo for Indian Army and it has excellent variations for the different terrain IA operates.

Last edited:

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
I feel like three camo pattern will we enough to meet requirements of all terrains.

For snow to be standardised across LAC and LOC during winter.

For desert across Gurjart, Rajathan and also and also can be used in Ladkah during summer.

And a Standard all purpose green pattern

More important than these are the ear protection, gloved and goggles.
Indian Army shouldn’t adopt Digital Camos that is already in use in India because CAPFs already use them. Using the same Camo again will cause confusion on the battlefield or during an operation.

Rohan Naik

Country flag
Yes - if contract is given to pvt industry.
No - if contract is given to Oh Effing B :frusty:
Pvt comapnies like Arvind mills produce best and latest innovations like clothes with working effect / quick dry / water repelant and many other. I am sure if need be, they can quickly turn around with some great quality fabrics as required by our defence forces.

Rohan Naik

Country flag
Pvt comapnies like Arvind mills produce best and latest innovations like clothes with working effect / quick dry / water repelant and many other. I am sure if need be, they can quickly turn around with some great quality fabrics as required by our defence forces.
*wicking effect

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Most important one is that it should be Fire resistant. Latest Uniforms of majority of NATO countries are Fire Resistant and we should implement that in our uniforms.

Killswitch

Country flag
Anyone else amazed that our troops have so many types of dress uniforms but don't have a modern battle dress uniform (BDUs)? I got an idea, ditch the British idea of multiple dress uniforms, pick ONE for all occasions, and put the money saved into the uniform actually worn in battle. Russias RATNIK uniform is breathable, fireproof, blocks infrared, and has a more effective camo pattern than what the IA uses currently. The US is also switching over to a more modern BDU. Maybe Indian industry can take some of the features from other forces BDU programs and make something actually worthy of the troops.

Tanmay

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles