Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

Doc Mozart

Country flag
If we are certain of this, then can I buy Punj Loyd shares in anticipation of their JV getting the order?:hmm:

On a more serious note, would our top brass be comfortable handing bullpup assault rifles to standard infantry formations. That would not make sense since currently the Infantry uses INSAS and familiarity and ease of use would be prime concerns. Also, the rest of the Army is going to use OFB 7.62X51 right? So Galil seems like a better choice.........
Don't know a thing about trading or buying shares.Sorry mate :biggrin2:. As far as changing the standard rifle to a bullpup platform is concerned, i too have my doubts, but seeing that tavor is already quite favoured and liked in the army as well as in the sister branches, it wouldn't be wrong to think that the brass might favour the tavor. The tavor also performs remarkably well in DMR rolls, just saying. If not, then i can see why iwi also has offered the galil 52. Although It's not necessarly a better choice than the tavor 7 strictly speaking performance wise. As far as the ofb battle rifle is concerned, the tender is a global one and it can certainly compete with the rest of the offerings from other manufacturers, but if the army goes for iwi or any other manufacturer, then that will be the end of it period. We are not going to have two different battle rifles. Although the 2nd part of the rifle requirement for not the front line soldiers will certainly be completed by indian manufacturers and indian assualt rifles. Those rifles won't be 7.62 NATO though.

SELVAM

This ToT is the biggest bullshit happening in indian defence establishment. They r paying double the price for screwdriving.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Here is the link bro https://www.google.co.in/amp/www.th...ard-rifle-fails-trials/amp/#spf=1516290996876
Bcoz of quality issues with the complete firearm and poor handling
Army reject it
The blog you quoted used this article as the source: http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...ar-in-a-row/story-7eE983qvZemyl8KQ8YgM3L.html
I am sure you are aware that Pakistan has more credibility (when it says it won't train terrorists any more) than the Indian news media (especially when they report on indigenous weapons). :laugh:

Read this:-
New assault rifle gears up for trials

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
I have some news here.

I know a senior who is in accountant in punjj Lloyd.He was telling me the company is looking for land in Maharashtra and is looking forward to raise 2000cr for future expansion,why do I say they are gearing up for something big??? Because recently they are hiring shit load of chemical, mechanical, metallurgical engineers.Company has also order 3d printers and stuff.

He is just a accountant so he couldn't tell me what exactly are these things for,but I think the signal is clear enough.

shankyz

Country flag
I have some news here.

I know a senior who is in accountant in punjj Lloyd.He was telling me the company is looking for land in Maharashtra and is looking forward to raise 2000cr for future expansion,why do I say they are gearing up for something big??? Because recently they are hiring shit load of chemical, mechanical, metallurgical engineers.Company has also order 3d printers and stuff.

He is just a accountant so he couldn't tell me what exactly are these things for,but I think the signal is clear enough.
Tavor-7 on the cards then ?

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
I would prefer M4 carbine over Tavor-21 at any situations. Bullpup is an ideal weapon for close quarter combat . But for actual shootout M4 carbine , AK models would stand tall. Equipping the regular troopers with Bullpup is not a good move ( from my POV).

Doc Mozart

Country flag
I would prefer M4 carbine over Tavor-21 at any situations. Bullpup is an ideal weapon for close quarter combat . But for actual shootout M4 carbine , AK models would stand tall. Equipping the regular troopers with Bullpup is not a good move ( from my POV).
I think that particular reason and the familiarity issue of a bullpup rifle over a non bullpup AR vis a vis regular infantry soldiers may turn out to be the reasons for the selection of iwi galil ace 52 over the tavor 7.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
I think that particular reason and the familiarity issue of a bullpup rifle over a non bullpup AR vis a vis regular infantry soldiers may turn out to be the reasons for the selection of iwi galil ace 52 over the tavor 7.
I think galil ace failed miserably during testing. Donno why we are jumping on galil again.

Doc Mozart

Country flag
I think galil ace failed miserably during testing. Donno why we are jumping on galil again.
Hmm, but wasn't that ace 5.56 NATO? The ace battle rifle was only introduced last year imo. And as far as user reviews are concerned people seem to like it though. Don't know if they made improvements in the battle rifle over the 5.56 one though. Only thing i know is that recoil is quite comparable to the scar h but its hella loud though. Hope the army also has the foresight to offer hearing protection to the soldiers who will be using the 7.62 NATO rifles.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Hmm, but wasn't that ace 5.56 NATO? The ace battle rifle was only introduced last year imo. And as far as user reviews are concerned people seem to like it though. Don't know if they made improvements in the battle rifle over the 5.56 one though. Only thing i know is that recoil is quite comparable to the scar h but its hella loud though. Hope the army also has the foresight to offer hearing protection to the soldiers who will be using the 7.62 NATO rifles.
Yeah , I read somewhere on quora. Ace sounds like hell. So it means our excalibur is out of the race. Isn't?

Doc Mozart

Country flag
Yeah , I read somewhere on quora. Ace sounds like hell. So it means our excalibur is out of the race. Isn't?
The excalibur isn't 7.62 NATO right? Then it surely is out from the battle rifle race. Although it could still fill the 2nd rifle demands, but frankly speaking i'd rather see the drdo aar mature and fill that role.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles