Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Mai to ak 203 ke liye khus hai, koi bayonet ka pata lagao

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
being a bare minimum in this age and time is being tauted as ;FUTURISTIC; now ? kinda reminds me of the infamous line said by Orville Wright on his deathbed "What a Dream it was...what a Nightmare it has become..." (on aviation and its consequences as a mean of warfare)

all that integrated comms and portable mission computer et al are absent here, oh and less said about those tactical plus protective gear is... 🤷‍♂️ this is quite disappointing to look at, but giving to our current situation it's also a bitter truth that this is above that level and ;have to be; approved-appreciated 🤷‍♂️

INSAS word itself seems to be cursed now lol everything even remotely associated with it gets dragged down, i'd suggest MoD to consult a good jyotish to suggest some auspicious names to our defense programs maybe that way they'll see light of the day...Atal ji renamed LCA as ;Tejas; and it is touching the skies with glory, albeit late but still...Someone named it ;Arjun; and it's still under perpetual dilemma of whether to fight or not and might require a ;Saarthi ammunition resupply vehicle; of its own to get going {pun here don't take it seriously} oh and ;Karna MBT; forgot its own worth in a decisive fight against import lobby ;BHIM SPH; given a heavy dose of poision by same import lobby and is under coma now...

to all the newbies here i'd suggest you all to do labour of going through this old thread on original F-INSAS to get an idea about basics - https://defenceforumindia.com/threads/f-insas-futuristic-infantry-soldier-as-a-system.446/

Last edited:

iNorthernerOn9

Country flag
This is scrap from my Childhood picture collection days(Dusted it out today after years... after seeing the news)

F-INSAS which has entered phase-1 implementation formally today was being discussed even before Kargil war started.

This is from India Today magazine 10th May, 1999

20220816_124115.jpg

jai jaganath

Country flag
Mai to ak 203 ke liye khus hai, koi bayonet ka pata lagao
Personal feeling this is phase 1 as finsas was to be done in phases
As there is no sdr or bms or dedicated coms which has to be there for future and also proposed earlier
Many things will come in future but phased manner
This is definitely phase 1

Immanuel

Country flag
What kind of headset is the officer wearing? I can't identify based on video or images, what are the odds those are Comtacs ( I will down a bottle of whiskey and light up a fine 30 year old cuban cigar tonight in joy, if someone confirms that those are indeed comtacs)

If all basic infantry can be brought to this level, already miles better than before. Do the new camo uniforms have integrated kneepads or elbow pads or possibility to insert them?

BJP seems like an old one being used, can someone ID which brand (Gucci, Louis Vuitton or Bombay Dyeing)?

Also those boots?

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
I have been following these stuff since I was in class 5th
Oh how delighted I used to be to see these pics
Iam in 3rd year of graduation , finally saw a official demonstration

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
What kind of headset is the officer wearing? I can't identify based on video or images, what are the odds those are Comtacs ( I will down a bottle of whiskey and light up a fine 30 year old cuban cigar tonight in joy, if someone confirms that those are indeed comtacs)

If all basic infantry can be brought to this level, already miles better than before. Do the new camo uniforms have integrated kneepads or elbow pads or possibility to insert them?

BJP seems like an old one being used, can someone ID which brand (Gucci, Louis Vuitton or Bombay Dyeing)?

Also those boots?
Ye sab ka answer to ap hi provide kar paoge saar , isliye to apko tag kiya

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag

Also those boots?
Dont drink whole bottle sir , its bad for liver .

jai jaganath

Country flag

Also those boots?
Those coms are integrated with helmet mku produces such type of helmets
No new camo doesn't have integrated knee or elbow pads
I don't think they even know about integrated pads
Bpj is smpp large orders were given delivery might have been started

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
If the retired generals were that good, they could've done wonders while in service. But we still don't have a spec ops mandate, a spec ops school, airborne infantry converted in mass to spec forces with stroke of a pen, simping after some 1 billion dollar Apaches when the entire force lacks even the most basic warfighting equipment, the primary rifle and firearms are all jumbo mumbo, turf war and interservice rivalry, endless trials for indigenous weapon, drafting of gsqr from initial stage to fit foreign stuff etc... I have zero hopes. Someone like Bipin Rawat etc.. is just a once in a decade phenomena

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles