Country flag
New-Madurai Airport Terminal

Courtesy : Sundar - AAM./scc

RAM

The southern Man
Country flag
Some-NEW indian Airport Terminals

Tamil Arasan

Can someone help or correct me if I was wrong - comparing the pic of Jan, since IAC-1 put in water (towed out of dry dock), w/ the one at Apr, it does NOT look like working/construction is going on. I mean: I couldn't see any hanger, machines or even work force on board,, just like those busy ones on Varyag. Of course it could be just insid/under-cover or Apr pic is NOT that updated, either. Not sure.

This is something that can (debatelt greatly) affect strategic/military balance in both IOR & SCS for the next 3~4 decades, which many people should be concerned.
I don't understand why we still really more on the government organisation to do any defense or government projects, we all know - like our politicians most of the government employees and the organisations are worth less S...T, time and again our private sector have proved their capabilities. Examples:- such us in the CWG games in Delhi entire world laughed at us because of the Kalmadi & co who swindled the public fund and made a mess, but in same Delhi - a more complicated Formula One event was successfully conducted by a private organisation and the entire world media praised India for the efficiency in which the event was conducted and made successful....I believe India can excel in any filed and become a global power only when our private sector are given major roles in implementing government projects...

Another example:- I traveled to Chennai from Mumbai domestic airport six years back and was surprised to see the Domestic airport in better condition and having excellent facility compared to Mumbai international airport, and three months back again I traveled by the same domestic airport in Mumbai and this time I was even more surprised because the airport was looking even in a better condition and well maintained the reason is the Airport is run by a private organisation for the past 10 years!!!

below are some pictures - sorry to post airport pictures in this thread, but I am posting them just to insist the importance of our private sector's ability...

Main Reception

Domestic Arrivals

Domestic Departures

Domestic Terminal waiting area

Last edited:

feathers

Tihar Jail
Banned
Mumbai airport's swanky new terminal – T2 open for public

The much-awaited Terminal 2 of the Mumbai international airport and the Sahar elevated road corridor was opened for the public. (IE Photo: Pradip Das)

The 2.2 km Sahar elevated road that connects Western Express Highway (WEH) with the new Terminal 2 of the International Airport was inaugurated by Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Wednesday.

The new terminal has been built by the GVK-led consortium has been built at a cost of over 12,500 crores. (IE Photo: Pradip Das)

The four-storey terminal will cater to an estimated 40 million passengers annually. (IE Photo: Pradip Das)

Sniffer dogs outside the T2 terminal. (IE Photo: Pradip Das)

shaddisi23

GMR Industries and Frankfurt Airport are in charge of the renovation of Delhi Airport. The international terminal has two new lounges for first and business class passengers, so the airport now has three first/business lounges. There is also a lounge for economy class travelers. Duty free shops such as Gucci, Armani, and many more as well as Indian shops such as Pantaloons will be in the International airport by spring of 2007.
Matrimony Sites Punjab | matrimonial sites for handicap | matrimonial sites in bangalore

Compersion

Country flag
And linked to the visa-on-arrival ...

We also need more railway infrastructure development. it takes far too long to travel by train ...

salute

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles