Modern India: A Compendium of Images of Urban India

Rage

DFI TEAM
Half truth, Mumbai is also going to have two parts like Delhi, Navi Mumbai and Old Mumbai.
And AFAIK, Navi Mumbai is a way better planned city as compared to Older one.
Navi Mumbai is a different city with a different corporation.

Mumbai is unlike Delhi or any other regular city because it is linearly constrained. It's 'development' happened more as a series of (crises) responses to surging populations in the cores that existed then that threatened not only these cores but the rest of the city because traffic in Mumbai really flows only in two directions. This classic 'dissipation' strategy could have worked for Mumbai if it were better planned. Unfortunately, the strategy was opportunistic rather than directed, meaning it seized upon areas that had an existing demographic, private investment or other advantage: eg. Bandra, Amboli, Malad etc. Which is why commercial, financial and other hubs are distributed across the city (and are likely to become even more so as the infrastructural constraints within these hubs catch up) and many financial and other businesses are considering relocating their headquarters to places along the DMIC as the comparative advantage of these locations shrinks over time.

That, at least, is my take on this.

As a resident and huge fan of Mumbai city, I firmly believe it will have to innovate itself to stay relevant as an employment centre. Creeping encroachment drives land prices and rentals up inordinately every year, with increasingly scarce alternatives within the city to relocate to.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
It is good to project such hi rise as the modern India but my concept of modern India is different . Tall buildings and huge planes and so called luxury do not define modernity. Modernity is a concept related to the consciousness and intellect off human beings in General. In my opinion if the people of our country becomes more enlightened , and wice with better understanding of self snd the world , then we have become more modern. Applying this logic US or Europe which is considered to be the modern part of the world is not modern in my opinion. I have seen most modern area and people which is backward as per government and world definition.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
It is good to project such hi rise as the modern India but my concept of modern India is different . Tall buildings and huge planes and so called luxury do not define modernity. Modernity is a concept related to the consciousness and intellect off human beings in General. In my opinion if the people of our country becomes more enlightened , and wice with better understanding of self snd the world , then we have become more modern. Applying this logic US or Europe which is considered to be the modern part of the world is not modern in my opinion. I have seen most modern area and people which is backward as per government and world definition.
This thread is about this topic strictly and most fans of this thread are like me, drunkards, spoiled princes who love to roam around in cars.

So, please don't bring that rural sustainable development here.😅

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
download (2).jpeg
download (3).jpeg
download (4).jpeg

Here is a modern Indian architecture made with ancient indian technology. No cement of steel is used in this construction. It will last for at least 1000 year in spite of all environment odds such as volcanoes, flood or earthquake etc.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
View attachment 46000View attachment 46001View attachment 46002

Here is a modern Indian architecture made with ancient indian technology. No cement of steel is used in this construction. It will last for at least 1000 year in spite of all environment odds such as volcanoes, flood or earthquake etc.
Title is:

We can have another thread for India's past and modern classical architecture. Upcoming Ran Mandir and lot of ISKCON temples will be worth coverage there.
ISKCON is great with temples.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Title is:

We can have another thread for India's past and modern classical architecture. Upcoming Ran Mandir and lot of ISKCON temples will be worth coverage there.
ISKCON is great with temples.
Yes but nobody can come even close to swaminarayan sect temples.

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
This thread is about this topic strictly and most fans of this thread are like me, drunkards, spoiled princes who love to roam around in cars.

So, please don't bring that rural sustainable development here.😅
This thread is running with over 400 posts and I have not bought it you know. Your fear is mis placed. However, if I post some modern temple pictures, I hope you won't mind because they represent modern India more than most of the stuff posted here.:):):)

Last edited:

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Perhaps Indian architects should think about blending Indian incredibly rich heritage with modern construction technology ? I guess some already do ...
You may have heard about Bolivian architect Freddy Mamani. Pretty fascinating stuff imho.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Perhaps Indian architects should think about blending Indian incredibly rich heritage with modern construction technology ? I guess some already do ...
You may have heard about Bolivian architect Freddy Mamani. Pretty fascinating stuff imho.

This is great and incredible. Kindly post those designs here or open a new thread. Those who has open and exploratory minds would like it.

itsAurea

Country flag
These are beautiful! Gorgeous! Would you say India has a great system for mass transportation? I keep having that problem in Southeast Asian countries.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I read about the tallest building of India - Palais Royale (1050ft, Mumbai) but was saddened to see how an NGO names Jan Hit Manch killed it with the help of Court alleging it to have violated parking laws, it was halted for 10 years but when the SC judgment came out that it had not infringed any rule or law, it was already too late.

Some other skyscrappers which were being built in Mumbai were halted by similar allegations/payment disputes or airport authority disputes. The govt needs to take care of such things.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
I read about the tallest building of India - Palais Royale (1050ft, Mumbai) but was saddened to see how an NGO names Jan Hit Manch killed it with the help of Court alleging it to have violated parking laws, it was halted for 10 years but when the SC judgment came out that it had not infringed any rule or law, it was already too late.

Some other skyscrappers which were being built in Mumbai were halted by similar allegations/payment disputes or airport authority disputes. The govt needs to take care of such things.
this is problem in India .. one goes to court and then court takes its own time to decision ... this should he ad been decided at either local court or at High court of mumbaiiii

But then our Judges at SC have this syndrome of having name in golden book....

It high time we have highest appellate court divided in five or six regions south , west,central,north,north east, and SC should mostly used for constitutional cases and not for all this nonsenses

I am all sure this jan hit manch would have gone scott free without paying any amount for wasting country times

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles