Modern India: A Compendium of Images of Urban India

Rage

DFI TEAM
Modern India: A Compendium of Images of Urban India

Urbanity at its profane best! :D

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I give you: The New India. This thread is an attempt at a pictorial representation of modern India, of its glittering skyscrapers and glitzy malls, its underground metros and overhead skywalks, of freeways and offices and residential complexes and resorts, of pubs and discotheques and quite corner restaurants....in short, that which symbolizes the stupendous economic growth of the last three decades that the country has witnessed. The thread will contain both pics and videos- and at times articles of interest- on the development and infrastructure that characterizes the new, urban India.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2qZEiZMgWs&feature=channel_page

Rage

DFI TEAM
Let me begin with images of the northern city of Gurgaon. Gurgaon is one of thousands of satellite cities (cities developed around a metropolis) being built by the Government of India and is the sixth largest city in the state of Haryana. Over the past few years the city has grown tremendously as an outsourcing destination within India and has also witnessed a substantial real estate boom. Gurgaon has a present population of only around 500,000 (2008 est.), but is a rapidly expanding and developing city.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Gurgaon is a Tier-II city btw, a work still-in-progress, and one that is just begun.

Click to enlarge

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Gurgaon : some more pics

Gurgaon Expressway

Standard Chartered Office

A view of some Gurgaon high-rises

Buildings in Gurgaon

A club in Gurgaon

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
An Aerial View of the Metro and Expressway, Gurgaon

Mall, Gurgaon

Buildings, Gurgaon

DLF Cyber City, Gurgaon

mehwish92

Founding Member
Country flag
India

Few pics of India: Gurgaon, Delhi, & Himachal Pradesh

mehwish92

Founding Member
Country flag
India 2

Hyderabad, Chennai & Himachal Pradesh

mehwish92

Founding Member
Country flag
Delhi Metro -- New Trains

They're getting new rolling stock for the Delhi Metro! Look quite nice. (Courtesy of Getty Images)

I just hoped that they wouldn't make the metro stations overground infront of the New Malls in Delhi & Gurgaon. It takes away from the look of the city. All you see when you get there is swank malls being covered by these concrete structures.

mehwish92

Founding Member
Country flag
Gurgaon - Delhi metro

Delhi Metro coming up in Gurgaon

mehwish92

Founding Member
Country flag
Delhi & Himachal Pradesh

My own photos from My trip to Delhi & Himachal Pradesh..quality isn't too great because most of the pictures I took were from inside the car...

mehwish92

Founding Member
Country flag
Delhi & Himachal Pradesh Continued

More pictures

mehwish92

Founding Member
Country flag
Delhi & Himachal Pradesh Continued

More HP and Delhi pics

mehwish92

Founding Member
Country flag
Delhi Roads

More pics I took..once again sorry for bad quality

mehwish92

Founding Member
Country flag
Delhi Metro -- New Trains

Any comments about the New Delhi Metro trains? Which one do you think looks better, the older trains or the new ones?

In my opinion the new ones look very sleek. Good going Delhi metro! Old ones are good too, though. Even from the inside they are very modern.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Any comments about the New Delhi Metro trains? Which one do you think looks better, the older trains or the new ones?

In my opinion the new ones look very sleek. Good going Delhi metro! Old ones are good too, though. Even from the inside they are very modern.
Nice pics mehwish, I particularly appreciate the fact that you took them with your own camera and decided to share them with us.

I concur: the new trains on the metro are stylish. Infact, hold on while I put a few pics of the metro myself... :D

P.S: Check my P.M.

P.P.S.: Edit posts that haven't used up their attachment limit instead of making new ones containing one or 2 individual pics ;)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles