Moderator Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

.v0id

FOUNDER
This thread is for users to apply for moderator.

Some Questions to those users who wants to apply :
  1. How much time you can spend on DFI (defenceforum.in) ?
  2. Any kind of experience ?
  3. Why do you want to be a mod ?
Some Rules :
  • This thread will open for limited time.
  • Replies with users answers will be counted in thread , other replies i.e "thanks , count me " will be delete .
  • After Applying , we will send you PM within 24 hours .
Thread Open till Feburary 28th,2009

Triton

Founding Member
Okay I will bite first ;)

First of all Thank you for giving us a chance :)

I would like to apply for: :cool:

Code:
How much time you can spend on DFI (defenceforum.in) ?
May be around 4 to 5 Hours a day; But I can sure visit the forum in every 30 mins or less if i wish to

Code:
Any kind of experience ?
So far no experience as a MOD; but have seen some pretty good jobs done by some of the top class MODs in ATS & other forums

Code:
Why do you want to be a mod ?
A MOD can control lots of bad activities that will bring down the quality of the discussion in any forum & MOD interventions will keep the quality of the forum up and that will bring more members to the forum; I like quality discussion focused on the subject in question; moving away or derailing the topic won't look good to a forum. Only a MOD can control such things & I would like to do that job for quality discussion. Obviously if given a chance I will be doing my best to keep the forum in best shape so that people will feel like bringing more subjects to discuss.

Code:
After Applying , we will send you PM within 24 hours.
If at all I get a reply from the Admin; please note that tonight I am leaving out of station for two days & I revert back once I get home.

Notorious.Jatt

<center><b>Administrator</b></center>
thanks triton for applying for mod position.you will get ur reply soon:)

screwterrorists

Founding Member

Some Rules :
  • Replies with users answers will be counted in thread , other replies i.e "thanks , count me " will be delete .
Alright. Lets see:

1) How much time? Quite honestly it depends on what happening in my life. I'm not going to lie through my teeth and tell you I will be able to log on every single day. I will probably log on most days. Say average of 1-2 hours?
Right now I am free from college stuff so maybe more. But it will vary.

2) For online moderation no. Real life yes. If i can handle high school students in America, I'm ready for war. Just kidding. But yeah, I have leadership experience.

3) Why? Experience. I obviously want the exprience that comes with responsibility. Contribution. Opportunity to give back to this forum. It is in early stages and probably could use some help, no?

Pretty much I would love the opportunity to moderate because I am exactly that: moderate.

ST

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Here goes the Answers:

1) I can spend a Min of 4 Hours Daily, as I use the Internet comprehensively for research and reading. I can compliment it with this forum.

2) I got no Experience.

3) I want to see this forum grow into a Place where Ideas coexist and People can contribute to each others Knowledge base. If I can be of use to the above, then that answers Why I want to be a Moderator.

God Speed.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Good to see some friends here. Welcome AhmedSid here!

I can spend ~2 hrs on weekdays and probably more on weekends.

No experience in moderating a forum but plenty in posting over some forums. I moderate my friends and colleagues all the time if that helps. ;)

The reason for wanting to be a mod is to try and help make it the best Indian forum out there, one where dissent will be tolerated and encouraged, members will be able to contribute in a healthy manner but not to encourage trolls and baiting.

A place where we can all engage constructively and respectfully.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Hiya, Singh here.

The query replies follow,

1. I can spend a couple of hours during weekdays and some odd hours too(I am an insomaniac/caffeine junkie ;) )

2. I have been an administrator at an international defence forum.

3. I believe I can provide unbiased and fair moderation, which at his nascent stage of DFI is so essential in order to set the tone for the future.

Cheers

Rage

DFI TEAM
Dear Gents,

I'd like to throw my name in the hat for the post of moderator.

- I am available for an hour or so a day- sometimes more. I do however have considerably more time on the weekends (when traffic is expected to be higher), and given that I am in a different time zone, I should be online when most of the other moderators are not (if you live in India), which I think is an added advantage.

- I have not been a moderator on forums like this before, but have moderated chat boxes on sports websites where traffic was heavy -- dozens of posts every second -- and you had to be on your feet to keep up.

- I believe in the doctrine of 'fair and balanced moderation', of creating an atmosphere of respectful discussion, but I also believe that this forum is and ought to be first and foremost India-centric, since it is firstly an Indian defence forum. All will be welcomed here - we are gracious hosts after all. But spiteful or malicious comments in a manner that seek to take our hospitality for granted- comments that do nothing to evoke rational conversation or aim to find a solution to problems -- regarding the Indian nation, its customs, its people or its Armed Forces will be quickly and appropriately dealt with. As an efficient mod, I will aim to "walk softly and carry a big stick" in true Rooseveltian fashion.

- I have been disenchanted in the past by rabidly communal sentiments on some forums- it is something I will strive to avoid at all costs. I am otherwise a fairly easy-going guy and believe in the freedom of speech within respectful limits- something I aim to reflect in my moderation style, should I be chosen to the honour of this post.

Much love brothas,
Rage

mehwish92

Founding Member
Country flag
Moderator Application

Some Rules :

1) I Can spend about 4-5 Hours a day on DFI

2) I have no experience directly as a moderator, however, I have been an active voice in many other forums and have seen moderators doing their job. Also, I am active on youtube, where I try my best to calm people down and try to understand each others' perspectives, and debate in a civilized manner.

3) I want to be a moderator, because I think I have the capability to make people understand each other's views better, and guide them into having an intellectual debate as opposed to war-mongering or name-calling. I also want to make sure that only true facts are posted online, and that nobody posts any false information just to portray the other party in a bad light.

.v0id

FOUNDER
Update

I dont think the thread is going in good way , members are just registering and applying here . You must show us something .

And Please no personal posts here .

4 Days Left.

Atul

Founding Member

Some Rules :
Guss am Late to browse this thread,

Would have liked to be a Moderator.

Anyways good look to the the newly appointed mod's,
keep the forum clean from spams & Pakistani / Chinese loggers....

Good Luck.:clap2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles