Mob burns four AC bogies near Patna

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Mob burns four AC bogies near Patna
Kumod Verma, TNN 18 August 2009, 01:06pm IST

An irate mob, mostly students, set afire four AC bogies of the New Delhi–Rajgir Sharamjeevi Express ( 2392 Down ) at Bihta station, about 20 km away
from Patna, on the mainline section of the Danapur division under East Central Railway ( ECR ) Tuesday.

The mob went berserk following alleged beating of students by RPF personnel on the running train which caused death of one of the students at a private nursing home at Bihta.

A ding dong battle has been going on between police and a strong group of students at Bihta station till the time of reporting.

The railway communication on both UP and Down lines on the mainline route passing through Bihta has gone completely haywire causing great hardship to bonafide passengers.

Fire tenders have been pressed into service to tame over fire . Both the district and railway officials have rushed to the spot to pacify the agitated crowd.

Several passengers including railway employees and police men were reported to have been hurt in the ding dong battle which has been intermittently going at Bihta station since 10.15 am.

Mob burns four AC bogies near Patna - Patna - City - NEWS - The Times of India

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Railway employee shot dead, locals ransack station

STAFF WRITER 13:15 HRS IST
Lakhisarai (Bihar), Aug 18 (PTI) A railway employee was today shot dead by unidentified gunmen near Hatidah railway station, trigerring protests by the locals who damaged railway properties in Bihar's Lakhisarai district.

Superintendent of Police Vivekraj Singh said, signalman Sudhir Saxena, a resident of Gaushala locality near here, was posted at Hatidah railway station under East-Central zone.

Saxena, who was also running a coaching institute, was shot dead under a rail bridge when he was returning home, the SP said.

As the reports of his murder reached Lakhisarai, students of his coaching institute and locals blocked the road in protest against the killing.

The students who were persuaded to lift the blockade later went to Lakhisarai railway station, squatted on the tracks and damaged railway properties, the SP said.

fullstory

Antimony

I hope the guilty ones are caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I remember how these bullies used to act when I used to travel through Bihar on my way to college

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles