MMRCA 2.0: News & Discussions

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
EVEN DEFENSE ANALYISTS ARE NOW SHOWING VISIBLE DISAPPOINTMENT OVER RECENET ORDERS OF INDONESIA

How is Indonesia able to afford all of that. Look at Indonesia and how Indonesia progresses in terms of Defence Procurements and look at us. IAF is taking years to select which Aircraft is good for them and which is not.

Super Flanker

Banned
I was watching this Video made by Defence Matrix. Refer to time-stamp : 1:00 - 1:15 of this video.

He says that if we buy any Aircraft under the MMRCA 2.0 Tender than we will get 100 percent TOT (Transfer of Technology) to Manufacture the Aircraft entirely in India and also we won't have to depend on spares on the other country. Everything will be made in India.

My doubt here is, will the company which wins the tender ready to part with 100 % transfer of Technology of their Product (in this case, whatever Plane they are offering)?

_merlin_

Country flag
Making all spares in India also means no economy of scale for the small numbers that will get build (124 is a small number in that sense) and hence will be very expensive. 100% TOT is a pipe dream, maybe 100% TOT for how to screwdriver it in India from CKD/SKD. The max TOT we have ever got it probably for the MiG-21 and Su30MKI.

On another note, I have found Defence Matrix to be a shill for the armed forces.

vishnugupt

Country flag
I was watching this Video made by Defence Matrix. Refer to time-stamp : 1:00 - 1:15 of this video.

He says that if we buy any Aircraft under the MMRCA 2.0 Tender than we will get 100 percent TOT (Transfer of Technology) to Manufacture the Aircraft entirely in India and also we won't have to depend on spares on the other country. Everything will be made in India.

My doubt here is, will the company which wins the tender ready to part with 100 % transfer of Technology of their Product (in this case, whatever Plane they are offering)?
He is batting for either Gripen or F-16. 15% commission pahle hi mil gaya hai advance me.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Making all spares in India also means no economy of scale for the small numbers that will get build (124 is a small number in that sense) and hence will be very expensive. 100% TOT is a pipe dream, maybe 100% TOT for how to screwdriver it in India from CKD/SKD. The max TOT we have ever got it probably for the MiG-21 and Su30MKI.

On another note, I have found Defence Matrix to be a shill for the armed forces.
First of all what this joker have to do with How products should be build? His job is give requirement and specifications.

since this guy has assume office relentlessly trying for kickback deal. Zero productivity.

Nobody is going to give him 100% ToT but still demanding impossible. This is our UN armed forces do all the time.

Super Flanker

Banned
He is batting for either Gripen or F-16. 15% commission pahle hi mil gaya hai advance me.
If Indian Airforce is going ahead with this Tender than Rafale is the best Choice. Indian Navy is also looking for 36/26 Carrier based Fighters.

If Indian Navy selects Rafale than we could combine the Requirements of IAF and IN and we could place an order for 100 and more Rafales and the clause for Transfer of Technology will be completed and we can build Rafale in India.

But I wish our people in the Armed forces would think more about their Mother land and less about Commission.

johnj

No, he is only trying hard for 100 plus EU jets. No country offering critical tot, only eft and russia offered some, with past experience and gripen radar tech . Mmrca2 unknown.

Super Flanker

Banned
No, he is only trying hard for 100 plus EU jets. No country offering critical tot, only eft and russia offered some, with past experience and gripen radar tech . Mmrca2 unknown.
Russia's Sukhoi is offering us SU-35 and Mikoyan is offering us MiG-35, the problem with SU-35 is that it lacks an AESA Radar and IAF preferably wants an Aircraft under MMRCA with AESA Radar in it.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but Is it theoretically Possible to Integrate our own UTTAM AESA Radar in SU-35 Flanker? Please tell.

johnj

If Indian Airforce is going ahead with this Tender than Rafale is the best Choice. Indian Navy is also looking for 36/26 Carrier based Fighters.

If Indian Navy selects Rafale than we could combine the Requirements of IAF and IN and we could place an order for 100 and more Rafales and the clause for Transfer of Technology will be completed and we can build Rafale in India.

But I wish our people in the Armed forces would think more about their Mother land and less about Commission.
France interested in a deal similar to su30mki, but very expensive. Now with reliance. Also all foreign jets depends on foreign countries till the foreign find it outdated. IAF already made up it mind to have 150/200 EU jets, may be iaf change their minds if mk2 good as promised and indian engine[amca].

johnj

Russia's Sukhoi is offering us SU-35 and Mikoyan is offering us MiG-35, the problem with SU-35 is that it lacks an AESA Radar and IAF preferably wants an Aircraft under MMRCA with AESA Radar in it.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but Is it theoretically Possible to Integrate our own UTTAM AESA Radar in SU-35 Flanker? Please tell.
It depends. If we can use UTTAM AESA Radar in super sukhoi, then why not su 35, also now all russian military fighter aircraft manufacture merged into one, so possible, but sanctions, not going to happen. Mmrca for EU jets.

Super Flanker

Banned
France interested in a deal similar to su30mki, but very expensive. Now with reliance. Also all foreign jets depends on foreign countries till the foreign find it outdated. IAF already made up it mind to have 150/200 EU jets, may be iaf change their minds if mk2 good as promised and indian engine[amca].
I think so that IAF was planning to Induct additional SU-30 MKIs, Around 90 More SU-30 MKIs. This news was Indicated by a person Called Saurav Jha in one of his sessions on YouTube (I have not personally seen it and neither do I have the link).

Maybe We could definitely procure Additional 90 SU-30s ( 5 Squadrons) and all these SU-30 MKI would be very Advanced Super Sukhoi standards.

Super Flanker

Banned
It depends. If we can use UTTAM AESA Radar in super sukhoi, then why not su 35, also now all russian military fighter aircraft manufacture merged into one, so possible, but sanctions, not going to happen. Mmrca for EU jets.
If MMRCA is for European Origin Jets than the best and most sensible option is Dassault Rafale! Than Indian airforce should go for it. We should not go for any American jet like F-16 ,F-15 etc. All American Weopons tend to come with lots of terms and conditions which limits their usage so please no American jets. IAF should buy Rafale only, Matter closed.

johnj

I think so that IAF was planning to Induct additional SU-30 MKIs, Around 90 More SU-30 MKIs. This was Indicated by a person Called Saurav Jha in one of his sessions on YouTube (I have not personally seen it and neither do I have the link). Maybe We could definitely procure Additional 90 SU-30s ( 5 Squadrons) and all these SU-30 MKI would be very Advanced Super Sukhoi standards.
May be, and it depends on mmrca/mwf. IAF not interested in more su30, but consider more if sqn nos fall further. Advanced Super Sukhoi standards - not all su30mki going to have these upgrade. Issue with su30mki[iaf]- 2 pilots, heavy class[less sortie compared to mca], engine reliability. also[my point] huge rcs.
IAF need mwf badly.

Super Flanker

Banned
May be, and it depends on mmrca/mwf. IAF not interested in more su30, but consider more if sqn nos fall further. Advanced Super Sukhoi standards - not all su30mki going to have these upgrade. Issue with su30mki[iaf]- 2 pilots, heavy class[less sortie compared to mca], engine reliability. also[my point] huge rcs.
IAF need mwf badly.
We need to do a comparison between Super Sukhoi Upgrade and Rafale and also check their cost. Always the Possibility remains that IAF might order additional SU-30 MKI but all of these additional SU-30 MKI would be of super Sukhoi Upgrade standard. [We will discuss this in the SU-30 MKI thread].

But as I said and as you said that Indian airforce wants a European fighter under MMRCA, than the Most Logical Option is Rafale.

vishnugupt

Country flag

Actually our greedy general push for import upto level where everyone become suspicious. Politician start thinking that perhaps kickback money has already been taken so Politician become alarmed that for corruption allegations.

For example... There are reports during MMRCA 1 few companies have done shadow transactions so what does it mean??

Means Company starts giving money to these lobbies to influence these generals.

vishnugupt

Country flag

Integration of AESA is quite possible like Chinese J11 but unfortunately Russia does not offer admission in prestigious universities for their childrens with work Visa.

Have you guys never heard Nexus between Generals family members often work as company associates. Most of General eventually become company advisor after retirement.

Abhi toh Navy me pakade hai...

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Actually our greedy general push for import upto level where everyone become suspicious. Politician start thinking that perhaps kickback money has already been taken so Politician become alarmed that for corruption allegations.

For example... There are reports during MMRCA 1 few companies have done shadow transactions so what does it mean??

Means Company starts giving money to these lobbies to influence these generals.
Seriously sir whatever you write is truly right bcoz it's nowhere
We are getting doomed day by day with our indigenous capability

WolfPack86

Country flag
IAF to soon move Rs 1.4 lakh crore deal for govt approval
Indian Air Force(IAF) is soon going to move a proposal before the government to buy 114 new fighter jets for over Rs 1.4 lakh crore. The proposal for acquiring these 114 fighters is in the final stages and would be moved for government proposal soon, top government sources told India Today.

The 114 fighters would be complementing the Rafale fighter jets and are expected to be more advanced than the latest French fighter aircraft in the Indian Air Force fleet, they said. The IAF has already issued the Request for Information for the tender and would be soon moving a proposal for getting the Acceptance of Necessity (AoN) before the Defence Ministry for the multi-billion dollar project which would enable it to acquire 4.5 plus generation aircraft in large numbers to match the capabilities of the Omni role Rafale fighters 36 of which have started getting inducted from last year.

The Request for Information (RFI) has been responded to by several global players including fighter jet manufacturers from the US, France, Russia, and Sweden. While the Americans are offering from the F-15 Strike Eagle, F-18 Super Hornet, and an F-16 variant by the name of F-21, the Russians are likely to offer the MiG-35 and a Sukhoi fighter. Sweden's Saab is looking to pitch in with its Gripen fighter aircraft which it says is far more advanced than the one which was offered in 2007 to the Indian Air Force. France would be participating in the tender with the Rafale fighter jets.

Recently, Air Force chief Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria had termed the Rafale as one of the strong contenders for the 114 fighter acquisition project. Sources said that for selection in the project, the main aspects would be the capabilities of the aircraft on offer along with the price at which it is offered. The Indian Air Force is also developing the parameters on which it will select the fighters which would be both single-engine and double-engine and would create a level-playing field for them in the competition.

Whichever aircraft is selected by the Air Force would remain the mainstay of the force for almost the next four decades and would be required to be fully integrated with the Su-30MKI fighters which would be the mainstay in terms of numbers as 272 of them would be inducted by next year.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles