Military Aviation Quiz

Is a combined army, navy, air force quiz a good idea ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zmey Smirnoff

Any one have an idea of a heli completely silent in operation in making? i.e., using the cancellation of sound emanating out of the engine? I am sure this type of a machine would be deadly.
Vast majority of the noise any helicopter makes comes from the rotor blades not the engine. How do you propose to "cancel out" tips of the blades going supersonic at certain speeds?

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
People, this is a quiz thread not meant for discussions. Why don't you open a new thread for your enquiries ?

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
People, this is a quiz thread not meant for discussions. Why don't you open a new thread for your enquiries ?
This may be because of this

The basics are pretty simple :
1) Ask a question about anything in the military aviation field.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
This may be because of this

The basics are pretty simple :
1) Ask a question about anything in the military aviation field.
Its a quiz. Not a doubt clearing session. Secondly, that question would be valid if the member knew the answer himself. Thirdly, if people start asking questions randomly, then the thread would become completely chaotic, with multiple questions on table.

Zmey Smirnoff

Ah yes. Well, we gonna be here for a while. One-off non-production variant of P-51 doesnt seem to strike anyone's fancy :)

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
I think I got it right on post Number 31, but have to wait for Payeng's go ahead...

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Payang your Pic is a P-51D Mustang
Yes this aircraft was based on P-51d Mustang but it is not a P-51d Mustang

Ah yes. Well, we gonna be here for a while. One-off non-production variant of P-51 doesnt seem to strike anyone's fancy :)
The Answer is.....Cavalier Turbo Mustang III/ Piper PA-48 Enforcer

Its a variant of Cavalier Mustang which was meant to be Cavalier Turbo Mustang III but latter known as Piper PA-48 Enforcer, it never went into mass production. Four prototypes were build of which two were with Rolls-Royce Dart 510 turboprop and later two after sale to Piper were fitted with Lycoming T-55L-9 turboprop, they were evaluated by the USAF but never went into serial production. This particular aircraft is the second Enforcer prototype with a T55 turboprop, in the storage yard at Edwards AFB.

Both F-14 and Zmey Smirnoff are partially correct but not the answer that I excepted, now as I had oped the mystery both F-14 and Zmey Smirnoff put their own questions. :)

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
F-14 has already asked the question in #38, and since I answered it, here's my question. Identify : :)

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
CH-53E Super stallion ?

Regards
I'll give it to you.
Its the German base version of the CH-53D for German Army Aviators Corps designated CH-53G.

Your question. :)

Pintu

Thanks Soham, I was nearest to correct :)

Well here goes:

Pintu

Thanks F-14 , for reply

But you have missed it, sorry, ok, I am giving a hint , it's a bomber.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles