Militants take abducted Tripura villagers to Bangladesh

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Agartala: National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) guerrillas have taken to Bangladesh the eight tribal villagers kidnapped from north Tripura last week, police said here Sunday.

"According to a report from police in Chawmanu areas under Dhalai district, the militants took them to adjoining Bangladesh to avoid Indian security forces' crackdown," Deputy Inspector General Nepal Das told reporters.

Das said: "Following the Tripura government's requests, BSF (Border Security Force) officers held a meeting with their Bangladeshi counterparts, Border Guard Bangladesh, and requested them to locate the Indians, abducted by the militants."

Eleven heavily armed NLFT guerrillas raided East Chawmanu village in north Tripura Tuesday night and abducted 12 tribal villagers. Later, four captives managed to escape from the militants' clutches.

Before the abduction, the rebels beat up other villagers in the tribal dominated village, 90 km north of Tripura's capital Agartala, Das said.

He said the guerrillas led by Atharababu Halam came from Bangladesh and kidnapped the innocent villagers, all belonging to Chakma and Tripuri communities.

Tripura State Rifles (TSR), trained in counter-insurgency operations, led by Deputy Inspector General of Police T.B. Roy have been continuing combing operations to locate the hostages and nab the guerrillas.

Since June 8, NLFT rebels in three separate incidents have kidnapped 22 people, all tribals.
Manorama Online | Militants take abducted Tripura villagers to Bangladesh

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Looks liek Pakistan, Bangladesh and China all have decided to coordinate their actions against us. Time to do a 1980s again; Indira though was congressiya, she had the nerves of steel. This is pathetic now.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Why there is not much action against northeast insurgents..i only heard about traggic deaths of our soldiers in the hands of those tribals...my uncles who were part of the indian army told that they are the most cruel terrorists they had ever encountered....
Eventhough only in small numbers and not well armed as kashmiris they are the masters of guerilla warfare and are successfull in making hit and run tactics ...

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Ha ha ha...regional power!!!

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Why there is not much action against northeast insurgents..i only heard about traggic deaths of our soldiers in the hands of those tribals...my uncles who were part of the indian army told that they are the most cruel terrorists they had ever encountered....
Eventhough only in small numbers and not well armed as kashmiris they are the masters of guerilla warfare and are successfull in making hit and run tactics ...
That is because this nonsensical government does NO development here. If they are given jobs and kept busy, they won't even have the time to think of anything like this. I know that there are some politico scumbags like NSCM, NLFB etc, but these guys can be crushed by using a mixed approach of FIRE and ICE. In order to do all this, first the government has to prioritize and plan in advance with a very strong strategy.

Dillying-dallying with a hundred scams under its belt, continuing rampant crime and corruption in the country, being a pain in the back of the armed forces etc, will NOT do.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
I agree with you tshering...My class mates from nagaland always complains about the corruption in NE..Inorder to keep these scums quiet and make sure cease fire is not broken GOI is pouring a lot of money as compared to other parts of india,but the problem is that 50% is taken away by the insurgents,25% by govt,and rest by beurocracy..there is no wonder why NE is still underdeveloped ..

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
GoI should initiate a no-man-land plan through out the Boarder sharing with Bangladesh, mere fence barrier cannot serve a check of infiltration.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles