MIG-21 Aircraft of the Indian airforce (all Discussions regarding MIG-21 of Indian Airforce)

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Can someone tell me what Exactly is This Black Patch Thing at The Side of The MIG 21 bison Cockpit?(I have marked it) what is it? Some Kind of a Sensor? Or Something? Can Someone Explain here. It would be greatly Appreciated.
IMG_20211209_055753.jpg
IMG_20211209_055856.jpg
IMG_20211209_055820.jpg

IMG_20211209_060209.jpg

Super Flanker

Country flag
I believe that all Our Current MIG-21s use The Tumansky R-25 which is a turbojet engine, this engine was seen as the ultimate development of Tumansky R-11.(Below is a Picture of The Tumansky R-25 engine which is being used in Our Indian MIG-21 BISON) HAL had built These Engines under Licence in Our Own Country.
To be honest,now it's The time we Retire these Aircrafts and Phase them out.
we are Losing To many Pilots to These Aircraft which has earned it the Nickname "Flying Coffin".
r-13_1-2.jpg
300px-Tumanski_R-25-300_MiG-21bis_MG-116_Karhulan_ilmailukerhon_lentomuseo_1.jpeg

Last edited:

tomthounaojam

Country flag

Super Flanker

Country flag
In my opinion. We should convert our Current MIG-21s into Drones. We can't lose our precious pilots lives by Making They Fly This Aircraft. Instead we should retire Them from Service or in my opinion the Best Thing to do would be to Convert These Aircrafts Into Drones. That's what I Feel like we should do with them.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
In my opinion. We should convert our Current MIG-21s into Drones. We can't lose our precious pilots lives by Making They Fly This Aircraft. Instead we should retire Them from Service or in my opinion the Best Thing to do would be to Convert These Aircrafts Into Drones. That's what I Feel like we should do with them.
It is not worth making it into drones best it is to retire gracefully as one can. Mig-21 is a challenging aircraft but those who have flown it have the highest respect the media has turned it into an enemy plane and chipped in our head. We now have only 4 sq of Mig-21bison and it is one of the most advanced Mig-21 in line with Romanian Lancer which is still flying, Bison retired in 2024.

Super Flanker

Country flag
It is not worth making it into drones best it is to retire gracefully as one can. Mig-21 is a challenging aircraft but those who have flown it have the highest respect the media has turned it into an enemy plane and chipped in our head. We now have only 4 sq of Mig-21bison and it is one of the most advanced Mig-21 in line with Romanian Lancer which is still flying, Bison retired in 2024.
Yeah most probably you are right. That It's time we retire these beasts now. They have served their Purpose but now We need to Phase them out and Induct newer Aircrafts inplace of it. Every year we hear of so many Crashes of This Aircraft. And I hear so many Pilots losing their Lives to this Flying Coffin. Agreed with you. Let's just Retire it now. Which is the Most feasible thing to do now with these Aircrafts. But Damn These Aircrafts were such a special part of The Indian Airforce. Will always live in our Hearts.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Will do later, not really in the mood since the sad incident. Thanks for the invite :)
Oh yes ,I know you are Talking about the Incident regarding Bipin Rawat. Every one is sad. Even me too. Bye Though. See you later🙂

Super Flanker

Country flag
IAF Mig 21 Bis C2769 flying over the Himalayas . This pic could be from the mid 90s
View attachment 124144
Yeah definitely. By the looks of the Aircraft and the Quality and Looks of the Photo Itself, one thing is for sure. It's not from The 2000s. This picture must be From Somewhere around in the 90s definitely.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles