Men may never truly get over a relationship break-up, says study

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Men may never truly get over a relationship break-up, says study

Researchers found that men suffer as the impact of the loss 'sinks in' and they have to start 'competing' all over again.

Women are emotionally hit hardest after a break-up – but men suffer more in the long term and may never truly get over it.

That’s according to researchers who found that men suffer as the impact of the loss “sinks in” and they have to start "competing" all over again for a significant other.

Craig Morris, research associate at Binghamton University, says the differences boil down to biology. Women have more to lose by dating the wrong person, and so are better at accepting a relationship is over and selecting a new partner.

"Put simply, women have evolved to invest far more in a relationship than a man," Morris said. "A brief romantic encounter could lead to nine months of pregnancy […] while the man may have 'left the scene' literally minutes after the encounter.”

As a result, the women among the 5,705 participants in the study – surveyed across 96 countries – reported higher levels of emotional investment and pain when a relationship came to an end than men did.

However, that same need to choose a good “mate” also makes women very "selective" about who they date, so they are good at enlisting the support of their friends to pull through and choose someone else.

But men are more “competitive” in their approach, meaning the loss of a woman they see as a good catch could be deeply felt for months or even years.

"The man will likely feel the loss deeply and for a very long period of time as it sinks in that he must start competing all over again to replace what he has lost - or worse still, come to the realisation that the loss is irreplaceable," says Morris.

And because women have more to loose by choosing the wrong partner, they are also more likely to pull the plug on a relationship – with 70% of divorces in the US filed by women.

So when a break-up next occurs - as it will three times on average for US and UK adults, with at least one relationship counting as a significant loss - perhaps spare a thought for which party to side with.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...elationship-break-up-says-study-10450413.html

Women can give birth, men can't, this is the reason IMO that a woman forgets her love and involves with someone else. A boon is being used as a weapon. Sad !

@ersakthivel , @parijataka @Mad Indian , @tarunraju @sob, hit&run, @roma @Chinmoy , @rock127 , @Neil @maomao , @Shirman @Shaitan , @thakur_ritesh @jackprince , @alphacentury @OneGrimPilgrim , @VIP @asingh10, @saty , @bose @brational , @Illusive @Bornubus , @pmaitra @thethinker , @Screambowl @Sakal Gharelu Ustad,@Virendra , DingDong,Shadow,Bangalorean,Srinivas_K,LETHALFORCE,Dovah,punjab47, prasadr14, Neeraj Mathur, raja696 , and all others whom I forgot to tag !

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
upload_2016-7-18_11-32-6.png

strange that i get to read this today! :p

but WTH! these sciencey chaps make a mockery of everything by reducing them to mere biology-chemistry & what not! :doh:

A chauhan

Country flag
View attachment 9435

strange that i get to read this today! :p

but WTH! these sciencey chaps make a mockery of everything by reducing them to mere biology-chemistry & what not! :doh:
Sahi hai, but I have witnessed girls easily get over from such breakups.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
what the shit such article is doing on a defense forum:confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
ye bhi sahi hai.
wimmin are generally emotionally stronger than men. that's also why they can use men as tissues to wipe their tears off, crumble us & then throw us in a garbage bin where we then can keep sulking & brooding until (if!) 'recycled'! :D

Last edited:

Brood Father

Country flag
ye bhi sahi hai.
wimmin are generally emotionally stronger than men. that's also why they can use men as tissues to wipe their tears off, crumble us & then throw us in a garbage bin where we then can keep sulking & brooding until (if) 'recycled'! :D
Badi gambheer baat kar de , Kafi tajurba hai aapko

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Difference is girls usually break up when they have another moron in their kitty!! So easy to get over it.

Men on the other hand usually don't break up(they prefer to cheat but hang around, coz of low emotional investment in new girl) and when they break up, it makes them more circumspect about next women. They just don't commit easily and hence it explains the long term problems.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
ye bhi sahi hai.
wimmin are generally emotionally stronger than men. that's also why they can use men as tissues to wipe their tears off, crumble us & then throw us in a garbage bin where we then can keep sulking & brooding until (if!) 'recycled'! :D
I would use better words. They are drama queens and stupid morons fall for it. And if you are a moron then evolution is against your survival!!

A chauhan

Country flag
Difference is girls usually break up when they have another moron in their kitty!! So easy to get over it.

Men on the other hand usually don't break up(they prefer to cheat but hang around, coz of low emotional investment in new girl) and when they break up, it makes them more circumspect about next women. They just don't commit easily and hence it explains the long term problems.
Yes, men are protective in nature, they have to take care of that woman and would be kids, specially in Hindu law (not about religion) husband becomes guardian of his wife after marriage, it might be true for all the communities, and probably because of this man seriously thinks and judges his own responsiblity and future prospect of that relationship before proposing a woman, this somehow makes him daydreamer and serious; while on the other hand woman has many proposals of the same kind , enjoying complete freedom but what do they do ? They try him via affair (no love), enabling herself to ditch anyone, anytime she wishes. A woman can ditch any man but not her kids, a point to be noted. A surprise waits for the end to be revealed that it was actually her who started the all the shit (the two of the cups card of tarot deck). ;)

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Yes, men are protective in nature, they have to take care of that woman and would be kids, specially in Hindu law (not about religion) husband becomes guardian of his wife after marriage, it might be true for all the communities, and probably because of this man seriously thinks and judges his own responsiblity and future prospect of that relationship before proposing a woman, this somehow makes him daydreamer and serious; while on the other hand woman has many proposals of the same kind , enjoying complete freedom but what do they do ? They try him via affair (no love), enabling herself to ditch anyone, anytime she wishes. A woman can ditch any man but not her kids, a point to be noted. A surprise waits for the end to be revealed that it was actually her who started the all the shit (the two of the cups card of tarot deck). ;)
I did not understand your post completely.

A chauhan

Country flag
I did not understand your post completely.
It's woman psychology, not easy to understand. ;) All I am trying to say is "One who is weak turns opportunist." Never trust a woman.

One more thing I think it's a myth that women are more emotional, reality is exactly opposite.

adrenalin

Tihar Jail
Banned
This is true. I make plan for Qandeel baloch in dubai, plan flopped.

Rashna

Country flag
What topic am i an expert on? If you want to know something you have to ask me a specific question. Sometimes people have a certain experience in life and then start making generalized statements. Somewhat like what happened to Adolf Hitler in his childhood which turned him against Jews.

Why are you guys not tagging @Rashna ?
She is kinda expert on this topic.

sorcerer

Country flag
Yeah..it takes some years to get over the "investment" (moolah invested) on a relationship and get over it to start another investment.
I wish the article was based more on economics then bheje ka chemicals! would be easy to understand in numerical terms.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles