MBDA Meteor advt

A.V.

cool add..........
2013 still far away

Last edited by a moderator:

ahmedsid

Top Gun
I want a Meteor Now!!!!!

On a serious note, I feel the advertisement made the Meteor look like a superweapon of some sort. The thing is that I also didnt like them simplyfying the Flanker Kills! Maybe they were signifying the Chinese Flanker Threat, and not the latest ones ;) God Speed

DaRk WaVe

WOW, I am impressed Rafale & METEOR ohh my god
though flankers were indeed underestimated :S

@Ahmed

Chinese Flankers don't have canards ;)

Last edited:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
^^^^^ Yeah smartly they casted Flankers as enemies.... :(
They are looking for JSF as the potential platform, franky speaking i don't see any of them (JSF or MBDA) coming any soon with affordable tag :p....
Unit cost Wiki reflecting for MBDA is GBP 1,000,000... Whats the unit cost of ASTRA?

Rahul Singh

Country flag
WoW! Flanker as foe. I think the colour scheme hints more towards flankers of middle eastern air force than of PLAF or IAF. On otherside it will be interesting to see if US goes for new AMRAAM or adopts meteor as their future stranded BVRAAM. BTW anybody know which BVRAAM USAF and USN is planing onboard F-35?

Agantrope

WoW! Flanker as foe. I think the colour scheme hints more towards flankers of middle eastern air force than of PLAF or IAF. On otherside it will be interesting to see if US goes for new AMRAAM or adopts meteor as their future stranded BVRAAM. BTW anybody know which BVRAAM USAF and USN is planing onboard F-35?
F-35 is specualted to use the Meteor only. Meteor is very advanced version of the MICA is seems.
But too pricy @ $1.7M/piece

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
F-35 is specualted to use the Meteor only. Meteor is very advanced version of the MICA is seems.
Meteor hasn't been integrated on the F-35. It is to be fired from Rafale, Eurofighter and Gripen NG. Meteor is a very long range BVRAAM with ramjet propulsion. MICA is a medium range conventional burn BVRAAM. Only the seeker of MICA has anything in common with Meteor and that has been vastly upgraded using Aster technology. The production price of Meteor is not yet determined, but the $1.7 million is the price of the test missile. It is clearly set to go down below $1 million.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Does it mean end of the world for AMRAAM? BTW to fit in F-35, METEOR will have to have foldable wings, is there a development in this regard?

xebex

But if F35 were to fly with Meteor, wont it affect the stealthiness of the aircraft????

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Why would it affect stealthiness of F-35, if it is carried in weapon bays? Though there will some problem regarding numbers carried because METEOR is bigger in size than AMRAAM and will surely affect F-35 ability to tackle more targets per sortie.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles