Maths is Fun

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Thread about fun naths, peepul talking about nightmare

DumbPilot

Country flag
I like maths where it has practice application not theoretical shit like what's taught in school. If you guys know about KSP I've been literally remaking the Apollo Guidance computer along with all of the orbital mathematics that comes with it, and I find it amazingly fun. Hand me a dry "x is this y is that z is dead" equation and I will barf

DumbPilot

Country flag
Like in school you had stuff like the line equation and shit that thing has real application in simpler AI models which is fun. But they abstracted that and just forced us to learn the equation itself, not anything to do with why we are using that equation.

Similarly you use stuff like congruency of triangles in graphic rendering during the process of rasterization if you're doing a perspective projection. But in school we were just forced to do "prove congruency of triangle x and y", and it was such a slog

I say that if they teach people higher level mathematics with a specific usecase then they will be better taught.

Teaching maths(the language of our universe!) is currently like teaching hindi by only telling them to repeat words, not telling the meaning of those words or why those words are formed in the first place. For a really fun exercise if you want to do it: try and define the world around you by using only mathematics. It's really fun

Global Defence

New threads

Articles