Maths is Fun

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Hey you all, I am finding trouble in trigonometry. I am in 11th std right now and last year I was unable to study Trigonometry properly. Any tips on remembering all the formalue and values?

Meaning like my question is, in trigonometry what values (I.e sine, cot etc) do you have to study. Can you all give me some tips.

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Hey you all, I am finding trouble in trigonometry. I am in 11th std right now and last year I was unable to study Trigonometry properly. Any tips on remembering all the formalue and values?

Meaning like my question is, in trigonometry what values (I.e sine, cot etc) do you have to study. Can you all give me some tips.
If you still find it difficult buy this or search in google for this book
The Power of Vedic Maths with Trigonometry

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz

Some people have curly brown hair turns permanently black.

Hata sin Sata cos.

A few I remember

tommy

Trying to remember math formulas by reading them is not helpful. Do lots of problems. Even though you know the procedure do it. Write the formula while doing it, do not directly go for number substitution. This is how you will remember it.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Trying to remember math formulas by reading them is not helpful. Do lots of problems. Even though you know the procedure do it. Write the formula while doing it, do not directly go for number substitution. This is how you will remember it.
See, my plan for studying Trigonometry is to 1st learn all the formula by heart. My elders always say that in maths, if you don't know the right formula than you will not be able to solve anything.

So this is my plan for Trigonometry, I will make a chart or use a sheet of plain paper to write down all the formulas, values etc so that whenever I get up in the morning, I can go through it and I will be able to better remember it due to constant revision.

When it comes to substitution of the values in the formalae in accordance to the given problem than I don't have any issue with that, I can study all maths Formulae but trigonometry is a bit tricky for me.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
See, my plan for studying Trigonometry is to 1st learn all the formula by heart. My elders always say that in maths, if you don't know the right formula than you will not be able to solve anything.

So this is my plan for Trigonometry, I will make a chart or use a sheet of plain paper to write down all the formulas, values etc so that whenever I get up in the morning, I can go through it and I will be able to better remember it due to constant revision.

When it comes to substitution of the values in the formalae in accordance to the given problem than I don't have any issue with that, I can study all maths Formulae but trigonometry is a bit tricky for me.
Dont take this thing lightly bhai, don't skip even one part of it.
All the best,

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag

Jo @tommy. Ji ne kaha hai wo kar bas
10th ki Trigonometry tu clearly nai padha , hai
Aur seedhe number substitution
Aisa kaisa chalega, write the formula every time you solve a problem. Then only you remember it it
Plus sare angles ki value radian me yaad rakhna
Radian ka concept ache se understand karlena

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Can't believe that we have a thread on Maths yet noone has bothered posting these videos here:-

^This is what made me love Maths. Before I used to dislike it.

For anyone having problem with Ricci calculus:-

Super Flanker

Country flag
Dont take this thing lightly bhai, don't skip even one part of it.
All the best,
Jo @tommy. Ji ne kaha hai wo kar bas
10th ki Trigonometry tu clearly nai padha , hai
Aur seedhe number substitution
Aisa kaisa chalega, write the formula every time you solve a problem. Then only you remember it it
Plus sare angles ki value radian me yaad rakhna
Radian ka concept ache se understand karlena
I won't skip anything. Trust me. You can count on me.

Super Flanker

Country flag
I found a really nice trick to find the values of angles 0, 30, 45, 60 and 90 for sin and cos. Actually if you apply the trick and get the values only for sin then you will automatically have the values for cos of the given angles (0, 30, 45, 60 & 90).

So the trick works this way.
30° 45° 60° 90°
Sin 0 1 2 3 4
√0/4 √1/4 √2/4 √3/2 √4/4
0 1/2 1/√2 √3/2 1

So there you have it, values for 0, 30, 45, 60 and 90 for sin are 0, 1/2, 1/√2, √3/2 and 1 Respectively.

So how did I get it? If you observe the table that I made then you will see that for sin 0, 30, 45, 60 I did 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4 Respectively, I then divided 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4 by 4 and then I did "whole root".

Same is the procedure for cos but in the case of sin, for 0, 30, 45 and 60, I took 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4 and then did the dividing by 4 and whole root. In the case of cos, we do the opposite, to get cos of 0, 30, 45, 60 and 90, we take 4, 3, 2, 1 and 0 and do divide by 4 and whole root procedure (or vice versa).

Later you will realise that the values of cos and sin are same in a sense, it is just that in cos, the sin values are arranged opposite.

A really nice trick, I believe many of you all must be already knowing it. Nonetheless I still shared it Here. Damn I was literally breaking my head to by heart the values of angles for sin and cos. We have been taught to Study the values of angles for sin, cos and tan from 0-180 (0, 30, 45, 60, 90, 120, 150 and 180). Later I asked someone who scored very high marks for Trigonometry and he said that you don't have to actually study the values of sin, cos and tan from 0 to 180, you only have to study the values of angles for sin, cos and tan from 0 to 90 only.

Coming to tan, then I don't know any trick to get the values of Tan 0, 30, 45, 60 and 90 but I have memorised it by heart. So the value for tan 0, 30, 45, 60 and 90 is 0, 1/√3, 1, √3 and "not defined" Respectively. If you know all positive values of the angles then automatically you will know the negative values as well. Damn this was a really helpful method. Now I know the values of sin, cos and tan for angle 0, 30, 45, 60 and 90 perfectly.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
I have no reason to be here in this thread
( slides away shamefully while sobbing a little)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles