Marxists don't want India to win the world cup

warrior monk

India has stormed into the semi-finals of the ICC Cricket World Cup and are now a step closer to the coveted 'Champions' title for the third time. As most of India roots for the boys in blue, sociologist Ashis Nandy feels that winning the World Cup might just make India's macho and hyper masculine nationalism more intense. Over the last few months, there seems to have been an effort to make a pluralistic India into a homogenized Hindu state where the space for dissent has diminished, churches are regularly 'robbed', talk of religious conversion is rampant, and there's banning of many things, including beef. In case India wins the World Cup, the fear is that majoritarian nationalism will become more aggressive.

Christian Anti-Hindu Bigot Nandy’s new rant: India should not win the Cricket World Cup!

salute

LOL,
guys let me tell you,

fc*k marxists and fc*k cricket,

even i dont want india to win that stupid game,

its just for money nothing else gone those days when cricket playing was service to india,

no more than 8 countries are regular cricket playing nation and rest are just called in the tournament for time pass matches and people calls it world cup :lol::lol::lol:,

half of those cricket playing countries is just the sub continent india,sri lanka,paki,bangladesh :lol::lol::lol:,

and india only have to play with 6 of them and still cannot win the so called world cup :lol:,

so this is message from all the patriot indian to marxists,

'go fc*k yourselves and take that stupid cricket with you and get the fc*k out of here.':lol:

Last edited:

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
LOL,
guys let me tell you,

fc*k marxists and fc*k cricket,

even i dont want india to win that stupid game,

its just for money nothing else gone those days when cricket playing was service to india,

no more than 8 countries are regular cricket playing nation and rest are just called in the tournament for time pass matches and people calls it world cup :lol::lol::lol:,

half of those cricket playing countries is just the sub continent india,sri lanka,paki,bangladesh :lol::lol::lol:,

and india only have to play with 6 of them and still cannot win the so called world cup :lol:,

so this is message from all the patriot indian to marxists,

'go fc*k yourselves and take that stupid cricket with you and get the fc*k out of here.'
Can please tell me who are marxists???:hmm:

pmaitra

India has stormed into the semi-finals of the ICC Cricket World Cup and are now a step closer to the coveted 'Champions' title for the third time. As most of India roots for the boys in blue, sociologist Ashis Nandy feels that winning the World Cup might just make India's macho and hyper masculine nationalism more intense. Over the last few months, there seems to have been an effort to make a pluralistic India into a homogenized Hindu state where the space for dissent has diminished, churches are regularly 'robbed', talk of religious conversion is rampant, and there's banning of many things, including beef. In case India wins the World Cup, the fear is that majoritarian nationalism will become more aggressive.

Christian Anti-Hindu Bigot Nandy's new rant: India should not win the Cricket World Cup!
May I ask you what is there in the blog you posted that demonstrates that Marxists don't want India to win the World Cup?

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
The title says Marxists (plural).

Let me put my spin.

Bearded men (plural) don't want India to win the World Cup. That would include Modi in the list.
You love a fight, don't you! But am not looking for one, you see!

Notice what I wrote:

Now what could it possibly mean? Maybe it means that I was not sure what the OP was referring to, and I offered what little I came across online with a probable/possible connection to the OP?

BTW, I do enjoy your "Goat has a beard, Rabindranath had a beard, therefore Rabindranath was a goat" kind of allegories. Keep 'em comin'! :rolleyes:

Reactions: WMD

pmaitra

You love a fight, don't you!
Do I really need to fight? Your long winded post demonstrates who stands where.

BTW, I do enjoy your "Goat has a beard, Rabindranath had a beard, therefore Rabindranath was a goat" kind of allegories. Keep 'em comin'! :rolleyes:
That was your logic. One person who does not want India to win the WC allegedly happens to be a Marxist, so your logic states that all Marxist don't want India to win the WC. So, I extended your logic to say that since one bearded fellow does not want India to win the WC, so all bearded fellows, including Modi, do not want India to win the WC.

Too complicated? Here is a simplified version of your logic.
  • One Marxist = All Marxists.
  • One bearded fellow = All bearded fellows.
I just replaced the Marxist with the bearded fellow.

P.S.: My original question was for the opening poster, who has not responded yet. Next time think what you are defending. If you defend something inane, it puts you in a tight spot.

The Last Stand

Country flag
Ashish Nandy is actually right, in a way. Many women who supported sanghi, right-wing politics on twitter got abused left and right by sanghis. And the reason? They said a few unsavory words about the Indian cricket team. So these sanghi goons used words like 'b***h' to abuse those Hindu women even though those women were actually rw/modi bhakts. As you can see, cricket nationalism seems more powerful (and dangerous) than other types of nationalism, so much so that even hindu right-wing women weren't spared the wrath of sanghi goons.
Can you post twitter posts to back up this allegation?

sorcerer

Country flag
Can please tell me who are marxists???:hmm:
A sub species of communism.
An endangered species in India. These species live in communities called Unions. They are loud and move in groups. They are guided by the oldest member who is elected by a simple rule..."If its breathing...elect it".

The group follows a cadre system simple refered as fund chain.(Not to confuse with food chain). The lowest members in fund chain, hunt and gathers money and pass it to the top levels. They communicate in whispers and they way they communicate is showed in the movie Madagascar- Basset Hound .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR2V_mLjUyQ

Alex: Slow down! You're gonna kill us! There's got to be another way! Pass it on!
[the monkey chain relays the message up to the plane]
Mason: Don't slow down. Kill us. It's the only way. Basset Hound!
A few grow beard to make them look more intellinent and yo. They speak philosophy.
They are attracted to color red. They are fun to watch, on TV and from a considerable safe distance.

To summarise..they are awesome to ignore.

Their Utopian brew:
Marxism is a worldview and a method of societal analysis that focuses on class relations and societal conflict, that uses a materialist interpretation of historical development, and a dialectical view of social transformation. Marxist methodology uses economic and sociopolitical inquiry and applies that to the critique and analysis of the development of capitalism and the role of class struggle in systemic economic change.
Makes alchemy looks simpler..no?

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Do I really need to fight? Your long winded post demonstrates who stands where.

That was your logic. One person who does not want India to win the WC allegedly happens to be a Marxist, so your logic states that all Marxist don't want India to win the WC. So, I extended your logic to say that since one bearded fellow does not want India to win the WC, so all bearded fellows, including Modi, do not want India to win the WC.

Too complicated? Here is a simplified version of your logic.
  • One Marxist = All Marxists.
  • One bearded fellow = All bearded fellows.
I just replaced the Marxist with the bearded fellow.

P.S.: My original question was for the opening poster, who has not responded yet. Next time think what you are defending. If you defend something inane, it puts you in a tight spot.
Your assumptions:
1> I am trying to justify the OP.
2> I am trying to provide evidence in support of the OP.
3> I am trying to provide some logic to support the content of the OP.

All of which is completely wrong.

Let me lay it down for you in simple terms:
1> I am as much at a loss at the OP as you are
2> I googled and came up with the image which I posted
3> I essentially asked, 'is this what the OP was talking about'?

And then you jumped in frothing in the mouth, trying to be a good comrade and defend Lord Marx with everything at your disposal.

If you are so desperate for a fight, try shadow boxing or get someone else. I am simply not interested, you see. Neither in a debate with you on this topic, nor in your commie utopia under a new world order.

pmaitra

Your assumptions:
1> I am trying to justify the OP.
2> I am trying to provide evidence in support of the OP.
3> I am trying to provide some logic to support the content of the OP.

All of which is completely wrong.

Let me lay it down for you in simple terms:
1> I am as much at a loss at the OP as you are
2> I googled and came up with the image which I posted
3> I essentially asked, 'is this what the OP was talking about'?

And then you jumped in frothing in the mouth, trying to be a good comrade and defend Lord Marx with everything at your disposal.

If you are so desperate for a fight, try shadow boxing or get someone else. I am simply not interested, you see. Neither in a debate with you on this topic, nor in your commie utopia under a new world order.
Ok bro, I might have been wrong.

Not at all interested in fighting with anyone. Just pointing out the blatant misrepresentation in the thread title using a single ad hoc example, and my question, again, is at the OP, and I am not fighting you.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles