Mark Zuckerberg says he’s no longer an atheist, believes ‘religion is very important’

airtel

Country flag
Facebook CEO Zuckerberg: ‘Religion is important’
Social media mogul posts festive message for Christmas, Hanukkah, engages with commenters on his beliefs, upbringing
By JTA January 2, 2017, 12:09 am

Mark Zuckerberg, chairman and CEO of Facebook, speaks at the CEO summit during the annual Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum in Lima, Peru, November 19, 2016. (AP Photo/Esteban Felix)

Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg said in a post on his social media network that while he once questioned his Jewish upbringing, he now believes that “religion is very important.”

The post came after he wished his followers a “Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah” on December 25, according to reports over the weekend.

Zuckerberg once identified himself as an atheist.

In response to a comment which said “But aren’t you an atheist,” Zuckerberg replied: “No. I was raised Jewish and then I went through a period where I questioned things, but now I believe religion is very important.”

Zuckerberg’s wife, Priscilla Chan, practices Buddhism. The couple met with Pope Francis at the Vatican last summer

Pope Francis meets Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg, at the Santa Marta residence, the guest house in Vatican City where the pope lives, August 29, 2016. (L’Osservatore Romano/Pool/AP)

http://www.timesofisrael.com/jewish-facebook-ceo-zuckerberg-religion-is-important/

airtel

Country flag
Facebook's Zuckerberg, once atheist, now says ‘religion is very important’

Zuckerberg’s wife, Priscilla Chan, practices Buddhism.

Creator of Facebook and expectant father Mark Zuckerberg. (photo credit:GUILLAUME PAUMIER, CC-BY.)

Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg said in a post on his social media network that while he once questioned his Jewish upbringing, he now believes that “religion is very important.”

The post came after he wished his followers a “Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah” on December 25, according to reports over the weekend.

Zuckerberg once identified himself as an atheist.

In response to a comment which said “But aren’t you an atheist,” Zuckerberg replied: “No. I was raised Jewish and then I went through a period where I questioned things, but now I believe religion is very important.”

Zuckerberg’s wife, Priscilla Chan, practices Buddhism. The couple met with Pope Francis at the Vatican last summer.

Relevant to your professional network? Please share on Linkedin
(Pope meets Mark Zuckerberg at Vatican)

http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Faceb...st-now-says-religion-is-very-important-477193

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Listen to his talk with modi and his visit to uttarakhand temple on advise of Steve Jones.

India22

So in what religion he believes? 6 Day World creation theory or Buddhism or any other religion? I agree religion is important but before accepting any religion everyone should their religion's history, should be well read in verses.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles