Manga/Anime Thread

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
@Johny_Baba I think Indian animation community also suffers from the same lack of self worth and appreciation of native culture like every other Entertainment medium and aspect of our life.
Tl, dr. Pajeet cant help but hate themselves and bitch about it everywhere, pajeet might as well think this is attractive and endearing aspect of their personality.
I don't know if you have noticed this but Indian animators tend to bitch a lot about how their parents are shit, their school is shit, the society is shit. And this would reflect in their video, often they us this gimmick as anchor point to attract videos. It eventually turns into cesspits of Pajeet hating themselves and agreeing to the videos message, "Wah bro meri life bhi aisi hi he", "Ha bro I hate it too".

Why I am bringing this up all of a sudden?
Well in my view early Japanese animation of 1950 to 1970s were very traditionalist, nationalist and conservative. This was reflected in their storyboard and overall vibe of the animation. The early film set the stage and overall narrative of the animation industry and these were universally considered goated with little to no opposition.
The early animation followed the style of show don't tell.
Every aspect of the society was amplified with good vibes.
Anything negative drived to overall positive scenario.
Animation did not dive into societies problem instead they taught you to live life in a a more uplifting manner despite what you faced.

In case of Pajeets the story revolves around suffering in society and sending a message. Little effort is put into amplifying the enjoyable aspect of Indian society.

Conclusion if Animation was to take off here self hating Pajeet would its as a medium to convey their insecurity.

Pajeet make depressing shit, now I am glade animation isn't taking of and I hope it does not until people here learn to love themselves

Abbey

Country flag
i have just watched 4 animes
1. full metal alchemist
2. dragon ball z
3. zatchbell
4. idaten jump
nothing matches them now

Last edited:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
i have just watched 4 animes
1. full metal alchemist
2. dragon ball z
3. zatchbell
4. idaten jump
nothing matches them now
Steins gate
Berserk
Death Note
Akira
Hungry hearts if you are into sport
Cowboy Bebop for the jazz

There are 100s that I can name.

Attack on titan is garbage dont touch it.

WarmongerLSK

Country flag
Ending is absolute shit
its like Gandhi telling you that Mullah slaughtering you was justified
thats the message.
It would have made sense if he just sided with his country and stomped out the rest of the world. Why would the world accept the Eldians after one of them made such an act.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Showing in DPRK The Chain Saw Man.

klg5eqjqzpf91.png

Jambudweepa

Country flag
I started watching animation with recent high end animation like demon slayer , jijutsu kaisen etc . Wanted to watch some classics like Berserk and one piece . But got disenchanted with animation standar in early minutes .

WarmongerLSK

Country flag
I started watching animation with recent high end animation like demon slayer , jijutsu kaisen etc . Wanted to watch some classics like Berserk and one piece . But got disenchanted with animation standar in early minutes .
For Berserk, watch the first and old version. It has THE BEST music and beautiful animation. Far superior to the abomination that the recent one is.
One Piece is .....well One Piece. It is made to stretch a lot and was started long back. So, the animation is not that great in the beginning. I saw some of the latest episodes though, they look great. But take this with a pinch of salt, I don't One Piece anime, only manga.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars saw Chainaw Man is too slow. Don't knew what's so great about this Animes?.

Ya'll Nibbiars The Background Matter, and also the Architectures.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
although it's very first episode and story overall is usual moe trash (herbivore=usual aloof anti-social male lead, tsundere = angry-outside-soft-inside female lead) of ;faux; married life "course" whatever in da skoolz etc,
i'd suggest at least give a bit to this anime (manga also exists, likewise i haven't read it) called
More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers // Fūfu Ijō, Koibito Miman
View attachment 175755

(what a silly name and premise lol)
i'm saying this because visuals animations muzek etc is top notch in it, and i came to know it's being made (contracted, in pure dhandho terms) by some small studio of barely 10 some people who're pouring their hearts in it, it seems.

^this also reminded me of very recent Shikimori is not just a cutie // Kawai Da Ke Ja Nai Shikimori-San, i mean basic premise is same, looser male lead + fancy seggsy female lead...but there both were already in relationship and story mostly revolved around their school life...animation etc was good initially but then they got stuck somewhere and started delivering meh after meh and delays and what not...eventually people just moved on with better stuff (sales of manga dropped plus viewership of anime also)

another visually pleasing such anime was Akebi's Sailor Uniform // Akebi-San no Serafuku (though be advised it also has tonnes of subtle lolita chhap innuendo in it. also potential lesbian love interest between two main female ;friends;), story was again silly slice of life
View attachment 175758
plot being, Komichi Akebi worked hard to pass exams to get selected in a private girls' only academy which her mother too attended, but her prime motivating factor was actually, lol, ;to wear Serafuku; - Sailor's Uniform (those japani style of girl's uniform involving sleeved shirt + collar + bow + pleated skirt etc) {in Japan it was a thing that a mother would sew her daughter these sort of uniforms etc, basic family bonding stuff} ... and she did get selected there as well but on opening ceremoy came to know that their uniform had already been changed many times ago and she was only one who was wearing SeraFuku... but she was allowed to do so and quickly becomes attraction due to that, and also due to her good nature and open heart

finally, not visually pleasing as these two, but animation wise it was damn good for its genre, they did extra care in preserving the ;feel; that one would get in the manga while doing proper justice to anime adaptations with visuals-animations-bgm etc...i am talking about Uncle from Another World // Isekai Ojisan
View attachment 175757
premise being a 17-some boy, obsessed with video gaming in early 2000s era of Japan, met with an unfortunate fate of accident and slipped into Coma, while his ;conscious; (?) got transferred to a certain gaming world, and as time passed he grew up as a middle aged ;Ojisan; after spending 17 some years in Comatose//Another World, now aged 34 some, suddently comes back to current life - finds out nobody in the family wants to keep him after suffering so much financial woes and other mental agony behind taking care of him for all these years, and a certain nephew of him was only there to pick him up, so he started living with him,
but he still had his ;powers; of using magic and stuff from ;Another World; and uses it for their benefits, as well as recites his tales-experiences of ;Another World; to his nephew and his friend (love interest?) from neighbourhood etc...
sadly, Netflix hired some small team of animators and they seem to be struggling a lot with keeping with release schedule, or just not wiling to cut corners, they often delay episodes citing 'Covid-19' reasons but hard to believe at this stage
still highly recommended just for overall setup
just a slight update,

i made favourable post of these animes here in quoted post, particularly praising visuals;
but 'specially with first one More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers // Fūfu Ijō, Koibito Miman 😪 now i have to say it that the makers are failing me hard with their shaaarp decline in quality, worse they are trying to compensate it with *ahem* fanservice (aka showing juggling bewbs-cleavage,suggestive postures-expressions and other such lewd things) which is indeed there in manga but goddamn they are even doing that part half-heartidly...due to all these i decided to just stop following this anime altogether

similar thing i also noticed with some other animes i took a brief look at in this season - there is a general decline in overall quality in almost all aspects 🤷‍♂️ one particular example that stuck me, current season animes with scenes having public places or occasions etc things almost all of them are just...empty, filled with 'stationary public' or very robotic styled people or just done in a way you can say it's "not realistic" at all...these are the sign of budgetary cuts or being lazy or both...looks like post-covid era economic crisis and recent ;special operation in ukraine; things have ruined it for the japanese in budgetary-financial terms that they are now going low with manga-anime works 🤷‍♂️

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Try out Uncle From Another World if you're in the mood for some laugh out loud comedy and deconstruction.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
@Johny_Baba I think Indian animation community also suffers from the same lack of self worth and appreciation of native culture like every other Entertainment medium and aspect of our life.
Tl, dr. Pajeet cant help but hate themselves and bitch about it everywhere, pajeet might as well think this is attractive and endearing aspect of their personality.
I don't know if you have noticed this but Indian animators tend to bitch a lot about how their parents are shit, their school is shit, the society is shit. And this would reflect in their video, often they us this gimmick as anchor point to attract videos. It eventually turns into cesspits of Pajeet hating themselves and agreeing to the videos message, "Wah bro meri life bhi aisi hi he", "Ha bro I hate it too".

Why I am bringing this up all of a sudden?
Well in my view early Japanese animation of 1950 to 1970s were very traditionalist, nationalist and conservative. This was reflected in their storyboard and overall vibe of the animation. The early film set the stage and overall narrative of the animation industry and these were universally considered goated with little to no opposition.
The early animation followed the style of show don't tell.
Every aspect of the society was amplified with good vibes.
Anything negative drived to overall positive scenario.
Animation did not dive into societies problem instead they taught you to live life in a a more uplifting manner despite what you faced.

In case of Pajeets the story revolves around suffering in society and sending a message. Little effort is put into amplifying the enjoyable aspect of Indian society.

Conclusion if Animation was to take off here self hating Pajeet would its as a medium to convey their insecurity.

Pajeet make depressing shit, now I am glade animation isn't taking of and I hope it does not until people here learn to love themselves
uhh i dunno man i rather read something that goes completely 180 degrees than what is mentioned here behind emergence of manga-anime culture in japan (or rather say, "expression of imagination" that way)...and it is... 🤷‍♂️ based in humiliation that they received in post-ww2 era occupation by the allies,
manga-anime emerged as a kind of ;escapism; for them and so...just think about what i wrote here and try to relate it with noticeable things with previous generaiton as well as current generation japanese - how they behave and live their lives etc...i do think this ;hypothesis; is not entirely out of place

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
just a slight update,

i made favourable post of these animes here in quoted post, particularly praising visuals;
but 'specially with first one More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers // Fūfu Ijō, Koibito Miman 😪 now i have to say it that the makers are failing me hard with their shaaarp decline in quality, worse they are trying to compensate it with *ahem* fanservice (aka showing juggling bewbs-cleavage,suggestive postures-expressions and other such lewd things) which is indeed there in manga but goddamn they are even doing that part half-heartidly...due to all these i decided to just stop following this anime altogether

similar thing i also noticed with some other animes i took a brief look at in this season - there is a general decline in overall quality in almost all aspects 🤷‍♂️ one particular example that stuck me, current season animes with scenes having public places or occasions etc things almost all of them are just...empty, filled with 'stationary public' or very robotic styled people or just done in a way you can say it's "not realistic" at all...these are the sign of budgetary cuts or being lazy or both...looks like post-covid era economic crisis and recent ;special operation in ukraine; things have ruined it for the japanese in budgetary-financial terms that they are now going low with manga-anime works 🤷‍♂️
I am kinda disappointed with current season animes,

SpyxFamily going fine but i am much ahead in manga and frankly speaking first season was paced so so slow with them trying to animate every damn frame and now trying to hush-hush a little to catch up with the main plot where we finally get to see female lead Yor Forger to go into action...kinda spoiled it for me; they should have been considerate about the pace beforehand and at least cover up basic plot setting before end of the first season...

similar problem with Chainsaw Man apart from visuals and overall presentation, pace was slow and now it'll be hushed

Bocchi the Rock now that is something good but the theme of awkward loner's breakthrough...used godknowswhat time so seeing that same thing happening again just took away 50 percent of my interest still i endured through it, rest music and visuals are fine, story though...main character muh introvert awkward afraid of stage reee Bocchi is outright annoying and hey i am an introvert myself so this coming from me...

Urusei Yatsura visuals are fine for its theme i believe, but goddamn those japanese laws and "family friendly certificate" is seriously ruining the overall presentation of anime, there is like tonnes of material from manga and older anime to experiment with and indeed they are taking things from here-there but in complete random way without trying to build up much streamlined story 🤷‍♂️ that too with one hand tied behind their back because of that "family friendlyness"...wish there was an alternate "uncensored" version of the anime that was much near to original presentation

there are some little-big names this ending season like Do-It-Yourself, My Hero Academia Season 6, some Gundam one, JoJo's Bizzare Adventure one, some Bleach, some Mob Psycho, some Berzerk, Uzaki-chan wants to hang out 2 //Uzaki-chan wa asobitai! season 2 and what not but frankly i am not impressed that much, (perhaps because many of them require to backtrack to original materials which is difficult due to lack of times)

except this light-hearted chinese kingdom-dynasty era fantasy thing, which caught my attention and i am sticking to it, named
Koukyuu no Karasu//Raven of the Inner Palace
1670879307239.png

originally based on a light novel titled same - i believe this anime surely is hidden gem of this season, it scores quite well terms of visuals,music etc and basic plot and story etc things are rather simpler - a story of certain Raven Consort (namesaking only, rather a Royal Sorceress) in a fictional chinese kingdom, she is one of the Consort of the King who emerged to power taking path of vengence but she doesn't provide *ahem* "bedtime services" and cannot be commanded as per mandate set by previous kings; her purpose in the palace is...😅 let's just not spoil it. More than typical chinese historical drama-like setting with the emperor-his army-his consorts-his servants AND HIS EUNUCHS :lol: and other things, There's plenty of intrigue and mystery, and supernatural/magic elements related to ghosts/occult. There are few anime that do supernatural ghost/occult well with some good enough believability, but this is one of them.
I would also like to mention, this is the anime that made me tear-jerking-emotional after so so long time with all these manga-animes etc that i am going through, there is a certain scene that made me shed tears but provided satisfaction at end as well.

overall, this is the only one i wish to recommend.
and yes it has a good ending song as well,

Last edited:

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Otakojoku heihachi is the best anime made for all ages to come.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
uhh i dunno man i rather read something that goes completely 180 degrees than what is mentioned here behind emergence of manga-anime culture in japan (or rather say, "expression of imagination" that way)...and it is... 🤷‍♂️ based in humiliation that they received in post-ww2 era occupation by the allies,
manga-anime emerged as a kind of ;escapism; for them and so...just think about what i wrote here and try to relate it with noticeable things with previous generaiton as well as current generation japanese - how they behave and live their lives etc...i do think this ;hypothesis; is not entirely out of place
Till 80's, Japan had unprecedented economic boom. In times of prosperity, people embrace tradition. Post the bubble burst is where the cynicism in Japanese anime comes from. There isn't much to look forward to in a land where cost is sky high, earning has plateued, and old people outnumber the young.

This cynicism appeared in angry men stereotypes sort of thing in literature and culture in post-war, economically dashed England as well, France etc you name it.

And revolting against the pre established order is a constant in human civilization. Everyone from the caveman bitched about their life and the contemporary state of affairs, and the previous generation about the loss of values they hold dear. It's not unique. Indians do it now, I bet bharatiyas back in glory days of Gupta Empire did it as well. Americans, living in the amidst the most prosperous region in any point in history bitch about their lives in their media.

Also, allow me to posit a counter argument. 80's anime wasn't all that better compared to anime now. It's just that we have seen and remember only the best ones. It's just nostalgia.

What currently is happening is that media creation is much more democratised. More content by more people is being created at point in history without explicit state patronage. Therefore, now we can actually hear and see people's stupid ideas that they always had and in larger volumes.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Should watch this Anime.

The Enemy's The Pirates.

The Space Ships being named Kali, Durga, Shiva Group, Rajendra, Maya, Rahul.

And @Tactical Doge Nibba, @NoobWannaLearn Nibba, @THESIS THORON Nibba, @Abbey Nibba.

Kali.

images - 2023-02-07T235527.767.jpeg

Rajendra.

images - 2023-02-07T235504.144.jpeg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles