Manga/Anime Thread

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
These days I got busy. So less anime time.
But from what I can remember, from the top of me head:
Death Note.
Rurouni Kenshin.
Elfen Lied.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I hear tokyo ghoul is good, haven't got around to watching it tho :(

south block

up your a**
Country flag
Tokyo ghoul is great both anime & manga ,hunter x hunter 2011 version is my all time favourite

VaghaDeva

sum gai
I finished the anime I'm at the part where Sasha reaches her hometown and that's in the manga

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Not really watched a lot of animes, but every time I tried it was inspiring ! Thanks for giving me ideas so I know where to start with :)

It is not anime but I was very impressed by that Israeli movie :

The intro with running dogs sequence is haunting.

Not sure about how to find the whole thing .

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
One piece,
Parasite,
DragonballZ

arkem8

Country flag
1.Ghost in the Shell
2. Anything Mamoru Oshii
3. Studio Ghibli

The Last Stand

Country flag
Note that I don't really watch much anime, and I've only seen a lot of Naruto.

All time DB fan. I still get goosebumps everytime I see Vegeta smirk. (I know I'm not the only one :p)

I actually watched some Naruto as a little kid, but ended up coming back to the series only a year and a half back, and enjoyed it. The ending was rushed, and a lot of ***pulled powers, but what the hell, it's still a solid favourite.

I used to be a BIG fan of Bleach before the Fullbring arc...after that, it just went sort of downhill for me. Still a great manga. For some time, I thought Bleach was more human in its character development and felt it had so much more potential than even Naruto, but yea, right now it doesn't feel as amazing as say, the first 100 chapters. The death of yamamoto was sort of disappointing...

My profile pic is of a character from Assassination Classroom, a manga with only 180 chapters that recently ended --- worth reading. It's generally funny and isn't that boring. Bonus points for the way said character plans everything out. I won't spoil anything :)

Toriko starts off weird, with lots of "food" but sue me if it doesn't get a lot better as the series goes on. Super OP characters, not unlike DBZ, but still not at the "I can blow up galaxies" tier. The author is currently going on a killing spree with some major, majorly powerful characters being destroyed literally without effort by the final villains, which has put me off....

The World God Only Knows is short, and it's pretty good. Totally recommend it. Not that drawn out, interesting characters, and a great plot twist at the end. The main character is a reclusive video gamer that, at the end, finally realizes he needs to get out of his shell.

Hayate the Combat Butler -- the most gag-filled manga I've ever read. It's pretty funny, if you can stomach the main character having the worst luck in everything BUT women. lol.

One Punch Man - Oh dear lord, this thing is possibly the funniest out of the entire list. The hero is the most powerful character easily after some "training" that makes him bald...lol....and he is essentially bored and is struggling to find the will which made him a hero, because he keeps one-shotting everything and fights no longer excite him at all.

Case closed/Detective Conan- Have only read ~50 chapters, but I like it a lot. The art isn't great, but the story definitely is.

Message to Adolf - This is a REALLY OLD one by Osamu Tezuka. Tezuka is basically the father of modern manga, so give it a try. I actually have the first part of it in a printed edition, but I haven't been able to find the next parts at the same store. Don't remember a lot, but it was certainly interesting.

Death note - Do I need to talk about this classic? I didn't think so, either. :)

Weird stuff I "stumbled" across:

Akatsuki no Yona- This is a Shojo manga (aimed at female audiences) and has a female protagonist and has an interesting premise. The main problem with Shojo is that the guys are all gonna be tall and ...sparkly.... This thing started off slow, but chapters ~25-70 were as good as any other manga I've read. It's slowed down again and a couple chapters are missing in the middle on the manga websites, so you can skip this till they fill those in. (I haven't caught up to the last 10 chapters or so)

Nisekoi- This one is sort of cliche by Manga standards for sure, but it is definitely well polished. Give it a try. Don't read it if you don't like it.

Shokugeki no Soma - ...More food...dammit...Atleast hulk hogan wannabes aren't punching stuff. It's got an interesting story though. I think it's also Ecchi, so it might not be to your tastes. (lol pun)

I'm reading some even weirder stuff, (shojo is definitely too sparkly, man, I can't look at sparkly 6 foot men dammit) which I'll post something about later.

I'm about to start on Fullmetal Alchemist and Neon Genesis Evangelion, Ranma 1/2 (which my brother was a fan of) and Inuyasha (a bit of which I watched as a kid) soon™

And then HunterxHunter.

As you can see I haven't really read a lot, and my tastes are definitely shonen (and I read a lot of Naruto fanfiction which prevents me from reading more), but this is my opinion so far.

Bharat Ek Khoj

Death Note
Highly recommended. By mistake I watched movie but still enjoyed Anime after it (not sure but 17 parts, available on youtube with eng subs)
After 4 years, I'm still unable to find something similar like this. Right now watching 'Serial Experiments Lain', seems like original Matrix.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles