Manga/Anime Thread

Shredder

Country flag
Can anyone suggest an anime like Netflix's Castlevania? I've watched Hellsing btw.

Adrian Corvus

Country flag
I would recommend Ergo Proxy, Claymore, Golden Kamuy, Devilman Crybaby, Attack On Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist and FA Brotherhood. All these are similar to Hellsing and Castlevania
I've always wanted to watch devilman crybaby. On a scale of 1-10 how much would you recommend it for someone who loves all the other animes in that list.
Also does anyone know of any horror/psychological thriller like the 'Another' anime?

Killbot

Country flag
I've always wanted to watch devilman crybaby. On a scale of 1-10 how much would you recommend it for someone who loves all the other animes in that list.
Also does anyone know of any horror/psychological thriller like the 'Another' anime?

Really, about 7.5 to 8. Its good.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Nothing but just a darker Jaunra of Anime. I also Fears to watch it's.
Ya'll Nibbiars thek hai Mujhe kya Karna hai. Anime kabhi Jada dekhe nahi to mujhe kya karna hai jaan ke.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
About 7 to 8 out of 10

Haldilal

Country flag
LOL, you must have forgotten, my previous profile pic was of Vincent from Ergo Proxy.
Not read Berserk tho.

Watched Kuzu no Honkai (Scum's Wish). Incidentally, I had read the manga before the anime was made. But the anime is still very well made. Especially the soundtrack. BTW, Plastic Memories is very different from the likes of White Album 2 and Aku no Hana. If you want mature romance anime or manga, I have a few suggestions:-

Anime similar to that would be:-
  • Nana: Old but gold. Mainly romance. Its not your average high-school romance anime. Was kind of a "coming off age" anime for me.
  • Aku no hana: Its partially rotoscoped. Romance, psychological. Written by the same guy who made this: ( https://defenceforumindia.com/threads/manga-anime-thread.76233/post-1849231 )
  • Shin Sekai Yori: Romance is a side-story, but the main story and concept is very unique and good. One of my favourites.
  • Planetes: Not sure if it even belongs in this category, but its romance and also one of my favourite anime, so why not LOL.
  • Domestic na kanojo: TBH I just dropped the manga half-way because of the repetitive plot. Heard that the anime came out, but never really watched it.
  • Koi to Uso: Tries hard to be serious, personally, I didn't like it.
  • Kimi ga Nozomu Eien: Barely remember watching it. Forgettable, but if you've got time to kill, why not?
  • School Days: Makoto makes characters in Scum's Wish look like a bunch of angels. Even Minagawa is better than him.
  • Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Elements of romance. Also has elements of finger-nail pulling action. Not sure if it belongs in this list.
Manga similar to that would be:-
  • Ao no flag: similar love webs as in Kuzu no Honkai. One character looks like Reiner from AOT lol.
  • Ciguaterra: Nice
  • Bokutachi ga Yarimashita: Romance isn't its main genre, but its a very enjoyable story (yet to read it completely though). The kind of Oh $hit moments in this manga are amazing. Fun read.
  • Fuufukan Renai: What I like about this is that they dwell on the consequences of what most other manga/anime simply sweep under the rug. But I've yet to finish it.
  • Uwakoi: I'll be honest, only reason I read this was because I needed non-hentai fap material. Yandere inside
  • Dead Tube: Remember Yuno Gasai from Mirai Nikki (Future Diary). If you liked her, you are going to love Mashiro Mai of Dead Tube.
There were others but I don't remember their names now. Will try to find them once more......

One of my favourite vanilla, non-stereotypical, refreshing and enjoyable romance manga are:-
  • Oh-Holy (not a manga, more of a webtoon, but its hilarious)
  • Horimiya (a very fresh take on romance genre, heard its got an anime now)

Pieck best girl :)

Thanks for the reccomendations. Will check it out once I finish with Season 4 AoT and Season 5 The Expanse.
Ya'll Nibbiars yeh Horimiya kyon si series Bata di mera aankhe hei phati.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars this is Thousand's Times better than the Anime series I just watch.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars @Okabe Rintarou has a extremely refined test should be exported to a extremely refined country.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles