Manga/Anime Thread

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Has anybody watched Psycho Pass?
It’s an excellent Anime on the likes of Parasite and AOT. It primarily focuses Genres of Action, Cyberpunk, Psychological, Police and Crime you could say it similar to Ghost in a Shell but less to do with Cyborgs.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
It’s an excellent Anime on the likes of Parasite and AOT. It primarily focuses Genres of Action, Cyberpunk, Psychological, Police and Crime you could say it similar to Ghost in a Shell but less to do with Cyborgs.

Yeah. Long ago, I started watching it. But then dropped it 'cause of exams and then somehow never resumed it. Almost forgot what happened in the anime. I remember upto the point where Akane shot Kogami.

Yes bro love AOT
I support Eren and Yeagerists.
Eren is a Proud Eldian Nationalist
Seriously bruh? A Yeagerist? I have a gut feeling that Eren is using even the Yeagerists. There is a theory that Eren is being manipulated by Ymir. Another theory states that its all Armin's plan that Eren is following in order to escape Ymir's manipulation.

Still, its a testament to the story-telling skill of Isayama that despite only 3-4 chapters remaining in the manga, nobody has been able to figure out wtf is going on inside Eren's and especially Isayama's head. Despite the fact that Isayama has already shown the rough sketch of the last panel of the AoT manga.

Cheran

Country flag
Hi People, is there a good paid anime steaming site lile Amazon prime/Netflix? Something under let's say Rs 300 per month?

Killbot

Country flag

Parasyte and AOT have nothing to do with Psycho pass. It is more like Ghost in the shell.

Killbot

Country flag
Anyone here watched Scum's wish, White album 2 and Plastic memories? Can you recommend something along those lines? Even Manga are fine.

Btw I didn't know this thread existed. Amazing find.

Killbot

Country flag
I only know crunchyroll, but that's banned in India. Funny thing, they banned all legal ways to watch anime...
Watch illegally then. For free and 100% safe.
Hi People, is there a good paid anime steaming site lile Amazon prime/Netflix? Something under let's say Rs 300 per month?

The former is where you'll get no ads, good quality and even some uncensored shows, the likes of which you won't find on crunchyroll. But some lesser known shows are not there. You'll find everything that is on Prime, Netflix, Crunchyroll, Funimation, TV-series and such.

You'll find pretty much anything on gogoanime, but ads and redirects are annoying. But that is solved using ad-blocker.

Edit: There are no dubs on 4anime

Also, if you're into romance and shit, watch Scum's Wish on Netflix. A

Also, Fate series. Vinland Saga on prime...

All are available in the above websites.

Killbot

Country flag
Yeah. Long ago, I started watching it. But then dropped it 'cause of exams and then somehow never resumed it. Almost forgot what happened in the anime. I remember upto the point where Akane shot Kogami.

Seriously bruh? A Yeagerist? I have a gut feeling that Eren is using even the Yeagerists. There is a theory that Eren is being manipulated by Ymir. Another theory states that its all Armin's plan that Eren is following in order to escape Ymir's manipulation.

Still, its a testament to the story-telling skill of Isayama that despite only 3-4 chapters remaining in the manga, nobody has been able to figure out wtf is going on inside Eren's and especially Isayama's head. Despite the fact that Isayama has already shown the rough sketch of the last panel of the AoT manga.
Check out Ergo Proxy. Amazing anime.

You read Berserk?

Killbot

Country flag
Tokyo Ghoul anime was a fucking insult. The only redeeming factor was Studio Pierrot's amazing animation. Absolutely zero character development, or even COHERENCE.. They should have stuck to canon. Both TG and TG:re were close to masterpieces. Ishida is really a genius writer. Anime was shit. Especially root A, and :re.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Parasyte and AOT have nothing to do with Psycho pass. It is more like Ghost in the shell.
I meant Psycho Pass has a good story like AOT and Parasyte. It’s not entirely similar to Ghost in the Shell but they come in the same genre.

Last edited:

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Same way hitler was a Proud german nationalist.
Eren and Hitler are nothing alike and both have two different Ideologies and Beliefs. Hitler is rabid anti-Semite and White/ “Aryan” Nationalist and Hitler ordered the murders of innocent just satisfy his own amusement and to make his twisted dreams come true while Eren is standing up to years of oppression and genocide of his people. Eren would have never used rumbling if the world had left his people and there island alone. Eren tried every peaceful way he could to end the conflict peacefully but Marley and there allies never let that happen. If Eren had done nothing the marleyans would have ravaged his people and most importantly murder all his remaining friends and family.

Last edited:

Killbot

Country flag
Eren and Hitler are nothing alike and both have two different Ideologies and Beliefs. Hitler is rabid anti-Semite and White/ “Aryan” Nationalist and Hitler ordered the murders of innocent just satisfy his own amusement and to make his twisted dreams come true while Eren is standing up to years of oppression and genocide of his people. Eren would have never used rumbling if the world had left his people and there island alone. Eren tried every peaceful way he could to end the conflict peacefully but Marley and there allies never let that happen. If Eren had done nothing the marleyans would have ravaged his people and most importantly murder all his remaining friends and family.
Let's agree to disagree. I'm only saying this because Annie is my second favourite character after Mikasa🥴🥴🥴😘🥰🥶

Adrian Corvus

Country flag
Recently came across this seinen psychological manga called Chi no Wadachi a.k.a. A trail of blood

Its about an obsessive mother. The art is really really good, portrayal of emotions is especially effective.
The mother is damn scary. And the poor protagonist is confused and terrified:-

An example of just how terrifying his mother is:-

What's scarier is that usually she looks normal and even beautiful. But sometimes, she just cracks. And the artwork captures that transition rather well. But its not just about how this woman looks. Its how she thinks and acts is what is really terrifying. The protagonist is actually a mentally healthy kid initially, even loves his mom like a normal child would. But then his mom does something really fckd up and the trauma of that event causes this kid to develop a speech impediment.

Yet to finish this manga, but its getting wild right now. Thought I'd share for seinen manga lovers.
That's exactly what I wanted
A thrilling psychological seinen manga
Thanks a lot
Also do try reading Vagabond
The art in it is dope

It's a fictional story on the life of Miyamoto Mushashi
P.S. I never knew this awesome thread existed in DFI:lehappy:

Killbot

Country flag
Thanks a lot
The art in it is dope

The best aspect is the art... But it it on hiatus..

For the best psychological manga, read Kon Satoshi's works. Or Asano Inio, to an extent. The latter is much more depressing. Read Goodnight Punpun, especially. Oh and btw, Asano-sensei deserves Nobel Prize in Literature.

Even Urasawa Naoki's Monster, Pluto and Billy Bat series are must reads.

The seinen demographic in manga is a hell of a treasure trove. So many amazing manga artists.

@Okabe Rintarou

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Check out Ergo Proxy. Amazing anime.

You read Berserk?
LOL, you must have forgotten, my previous profile pic was of Vincent from Ergo Proxy.
Not read Berserk tho.

Anyone here watched Scum's wish, White album 2 and Plastic memories? Can you recommend something along those lines? Even Manga are fine.

Btw I didn't know this thread existed. Amazing find.
Watched Kuzu no Honkai (Scum's Wish). Incidentally, I had read the manga before the anime was made. But the anime is still very well made. Especially the soundtrack. BTW, Plastic Memories is very different from the likes of White Album 2 and Aku no Hana. If you want mature romance anime or manga, I have a few suggestions:-

Anime similar to that would be:-
  • Nana: Old but gold. Mainly romance. Its not your average high-school romance anime. Was kind of a "coming off age" anime for me.
  • Aku no hana: Its partially rotoscoped. Romance, psychological. Written by the same guy who made this: ( https://defenceforumindia.com/threads/manga-anime-thread.76233/post-1849231 )
  • Shin Sekai Yori: Romance is a side-story, but the main story and concept is very unique and good. One of my favourites.
  • Planetes: Not sure if it even belongs in this category, but its romance and also one of my favourite anime, so why not LOL.
  • Domestic na kanojo: TBH I just dropped the manga half-way because of the repetitive plot. Heard that the anime came out, but never really watched it.
  • Koi to Uso: Tries hard to be serious, personally, I didn't like it.
  • Kimi ga Nozomu Eien: Barely remember watching it. Forgettable, but if you've got time to kill, why not?
  • School Days: Makoto makes characters in Scum's Wish look like a bunch of angels. Even Minagawa is better than him.
  • Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Elements of romance. Also has elements of finger-nail pulling action. Not sure if it belongs in this list.
Manga similar to that would be:-
  • Ao no flag: similar love webs as in Kuzu no Honkai. One character looks like Reiner from AOT lol.
  • Ciguaterra: Nice
  • Bokutachi ga Yarimashita: Romance isn't its main genre, but its a very enjoyable story (yet to read it completely though). The kind of Oh $hit moments in this manga are amazing. Fun read.
  • Fuufukan Renai: What I like about this is that they dwell on the consequences of what most other manga/anime simply sweep under the rug. But I've yet to finish it.
  • Uwakoi: I'll be honest, only reason I read this was because I needed non-hentai fap material. Yandere inside
  • Dead Tube: Remember Yuno Gasai from Mirai Nikki (Future Diary). If you liked her, you are going to love Mashiro Mai of Dead Tube.
There were others but I don't remember their names now. Will try to find them once more......

One of my favourite vanilla, non-stereotypical, refreshing and enjoyable romance manga are:-
  • Oh-Holy (not a manga, more of a webtoon, but its hilarious)
  • Horimiya (a very fresh take on romance genre, heard its got an anime now)

Let's agree to disagree. I'm only saying this because Annie is my second favourite character after Mikasa🥴🥴🥴😘🥰🥶
Pieck best girl :)

The best aspect is the art... But it it on hiatus..

For the best psychological manga, read Kon Satoshi's works. Or Asano Inio, to an extent. The latter is much more depressing. Read Goodnight Punpun, especially. Oh and btw, Asano-sensei deserves Nobel Prize in Literature.

Even Urasawa Naoki's Monster, Pluto and Billy Bat series are must reads.

The seinen demographic in manga is a hell of a treasure trove. So many amazing manga artists.

@Okabe Rintarou
Thanks a lot
The art in it is dope

Thanks for the reccomendations. Will check it out once I finish with Season 4 AoT and Season 5 The Expanse.

Killbot

Country flag
  • Ao no flag: similar love webs as in Kuzu no Honkai. One character looks like Reiner from AOT lol.
  • Ciguaterra: Nice
  • Bokutachi ga Yarimashita: Romance isn't its main genre, but its a very enjoyable story (yet to read it completely though). The kind of Oh $hit moments in this manga are amazing. Fun read.
  • Fuufukan Renai: What I like about this is that they dwell on the consequences of what most other manga/anime simply sweep under the rug. But I've yet to finish it.
  • Uwakoi: I'll be honest, only reason I read this was because I needed non-hentai fap material. Yandere inside
  • Dead Tube: Remember Yuno Gasai from Mirai Nikki (Future Diary). If you liked her, you are going to love Mashiro Mai of Dead
  • . Mainly romance. Its not your average high-school romance anime. Was kind of a "coming off age" anime for me.
  • Aku no hana: Its partially rotoscoped. Romance, psychological. Written by the same guy who made this: ( https://defenceforumindia.com/threads/manga-anime-thread.76233/post-1849231 )
  • Shin Sekai Yori: Romance is a side-story, but the main story and concept is very unique and good. One of my favourites.
  • Planetes: Not sure if it even belongs in this category, but its romance and also one of my favourite anime, so why not LOL.
  • Domestic na kanojo: TBH I just dropped the manga half-way because of the repetitive plot. Heard that the anime came out, but never really watched it.
  • Koi to Uso: Tries hard to be serious, personally, I didn't like it.
  • Kimi ga Nozomu Eien: Barely remember watching it. Forgettable, but if you've got time to kill, why not?
  • School Days: Makoto makes characters in Scum's Wish look like a bunch of angels. Even Minagawa is better than him.
  • Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Elements of romance. Also has elements of finger-nail pulling action. Not sure if it belongs in this list
Thanks. I've finished most of them, but will check out the ones I haven't.

Dead tube🙃🙃

Global Defence

New threads

Articles