Man arrested with 10 crude bombs in Ahmedabad, terror link suspected

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
A man was on Sunday arrested after over 10 crude bombs were found in his house in Danilimda area in Ahmedabad, with police suspecting a terror link to the recovery. "A man identified as Sahazad has been arrested after the police, acting on a tip off, conducted search at his house and

found crude bombs with some raw material used in its preparation," city police commissioner S K Sinha said.
"The bombs are crude ones which were hidden in the man's house," he said. There prima facie seems to be a terror link to the incident.

The bombs seem to have been made to be used during rathyatra or in clashes, Sinha said. Besides Sahazad's arrest, police have detained some more persons and are interrogating them in this connection, the police commissioner said.

According to city police, the raid at Sahazad's house was carried out after his wife informed the control room early morning that her husband was in possession of bombs.

Man arrested with 10 crude bombs in Ahmedabad, terror link suspected - Hindustan Times

JBH22

Hmm in Gujarat the police is more proactive than in Maharashtra

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
NDTV is reporting that this guys wife tipped the police.

I have two ways to look at it.

Great job done by the alleged terrorists wife. Shows all citizens are ready to fight terror even if it means turning over ones husband.

But on the other hand, this coming from Gujarat needs special verification as there have been cases in the past of fake and fabricated cases where family members are forced to "turn over" someone on the whims of the cops. I remember reading a report about such a case in one of the weeklies a few years ago. this coming just days after Mumbai blasts could be a ploy by the Gujarat govt to show how it's police is fighting terror.

I am Skeptical right now till further info comes out of this case.

Added later: found this http://www.countercurrents.org/comm-azimkhan250206.htm

http://www.countercurrents.org/pr300909.htm

I am sure people will debunk this using various adjectives, but questions have been raised, answers given are none.

Oracle

Yusuf, do you remember witch hunts done by the catholic Church in Great Britain? This kind of things still prevail in India.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
I see, Dighvijay Singh's fan count on rise. Everything that comes from Gujarat becomes fake, as was fake FIRs logged by fake victims on back beating of fake civil rights activist Teesta Setalvad. And how can someone forget Best Bakery fame woman Zahira Sekh and then we had motivated charges of fake encounter even when IB had in written about so-called victim's terrorist links and background.

KS

Bye bye DFI
I see, Dighvijay Singh's fan count on rise. Everything that comes from Gujarat becomes fake, as was fake FIRs logged by fake victims on back beating of fake civil rights activist Teesta Setalvad. And how can someone forget Best Bakery fame woman Zahira Sekh and then we had motivated charges of fake encounter even when IB had in written about so-called victim's terrorist links and background.
And the fake tailor who became the poster boy of the fake secularists for criticizing Modi on the fake charges of his role in orchestrating the riots..

Actually I kinda agree with the statement that witch hunting exists in India - like how the self declared "secular" media and the "activists" bay for Modi's blood. 21st century witch hunting.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Guys, everything cannot be looked from the prism of just secular/communal angle.

I think the ill effect of Pakistani forums and being in company if those scums has rubbed on many. Many here to have developed the denial mentality. keep minds open people. Teesta Setalvad does not represent all cases and she is not the only one investigating any such cases. Human rights violations have happened and their is no denying that.

Problem is prejudiced mind which leads to denial mentality. Just like Pakistanis say there is no terror against India from it's soil.

SLASH

But when there is evidence supporting how can any call it fake? If it is fake than it has to be proven. Unless that is done people who believe it is fake are in denial.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
But when there is evidence supporting how can any call it fake? If it is fake than it has to be proven. Unless that is done people who believe it is fake are in denial.
I said the case has to be investigated thoroughly like all cases. I didn't call this case a fake. I said investigate it thoroughly as there have been earlier cases of fake cases.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Evidence could be fabricated and it has been in the past. Nobody is calling it FAKE but simply a double check is expected given the history of the region, if the arrest is legitimate then well and good but if it is found to be illegal it would be a gross violation of human rights.

SLASH

^^^ 10 crude bombs were found in the house. What needs to double checked? Whether the bombs were meant for fire crackers?

The wife of the suspect has tipped off the police.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
"Closed mind, Denial mentality and PXXX.com influence",

Wow! So now for earning a label of 'open minded' one should start denying facts and should refrain from quoting IB's investigation reports, judicial affidavits, judicial verdicts etc just because some people like Brinda Grover is barking that Ishrat Jahan was innocent college girl and her followers are bowing before her for that. Wow Simply WoW!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
"Closed mind, Denial mentality and PXXX.com influence",

Wow! So now for earning a label of 'open minded' one should start denying facts and should refrain from quoting IB's investigation reports, judicial affidavits, judicial verdicts etc just because some people like Brinda Grover is barking that Ishrat Jahan was innocent college girl and her followers are bowing before her for that. Wow Simply WoW!
No body is denying any judicial verdicts.

I am asking can you deny that there has be no wrong doing at all? That there have been no cases of human rights violations? Are you going to deny or accept?

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Let it be proved in court and i am accepting, until then best i can is 'suspecting', that's all. Besides, i don't see any wrong in killing a terrorist in so-called fake encounter by police of a state which has been denied a legitimate tool called GUJCOC shamelessly, just for the sake of appeasement politics.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Let it be proved in court and i am accepting, until then best i can is 'suspecting', that's all. Besides, i don't see any wrong in killing a terrorist in so-called fake encounter by police of a state which has been denied a legitimate tool called GUJCOC shamelessly, just for the sake of appeasement politics.
When the administration and the police get together, when they hold all "evidences" it will be difficult nigh impossible for anyone to do anything. A lot of cover up goes around.
Gujarat recently destroyed all documents on the 2002. Funny it happened after one police officer turned whistle blower.

By all means kill the terrorists. But kill the terrorists. Dont kill fake ones so that the real ones get away. That hurts more.

Added later, in one of the link I posted earlier this was what happened in one case

Ahmad Husain, a 32 year-old teacher and social worker, is the second eldest son of the late Allah Rakkha who fought the British Raj. Under colonial occupation Allah Rakha was charged for treason but now his son has been charged for the same offence in 'independent', 'secular' and 'democratic' India. His family had no clue until they were told by the officials of the Crime Branch of Ahmedabad that he was detained under POTA. The officials threatened another accused to identify Ahmad or be ready for the detention of his son under POTA. They wanted a confession from Ahmad, and so they took his youngest brother Mohammad Ali into custody. Ahmad was told by the officials that it was in his family's interest to sign the confession papers prepared by the police, or else, they said, they would detain his younger brother under the same charges. A police officer sarcastically told Ahmad that if his younger brother was also detained her mother would die. In a letter to the magistrate Ahmad wrote, "Whenever, I asked about the reason of severe beating and torture by the crime branch personnel they told me your destiny has brought you in this condition, we know you haven't done wrong in this life but you are being punished for your sins in your previous life." He further states, "Policemen used to say, 'the law is ours and judges are ours, we can book anyone under POTA"
The last bit is frightening for anyone.

Forget these cases, even petty cases are fabricated by the police everywhere because they are under pressure to "solve" cases. I know someone in the police who told me, "we routinely make petty thieves and pickpockets to confess to other crimes like dacoity etc ".

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
I will say if the accused is innocent, he should get a better lawyer. If he's not, well screw it; you are not supposed keep objectionable material in house anyways.

aragorn

As per the local news papers,

He was drunk and he had a row with his wife (second wife) and threatened he will blow her up with bomb...and showed on bomb too.. she called local police...police came to investigate and found 10 crude bombs in his house..

He was earlier caught with desi pistol but was released somehow...

Rahul Singh

Country flag
When the administration and the police get together, when they hold all "evidences" it will be difficult nigh impossible for anyone to do anything. A lot of cover up goes around.
Gujarat recently destroyed all documents on the 2002. Funny it happened after one police officer turned whistle blower.

By all means kill the terrorists. But kill the terrorists. Dont kill fake ones so that the real ones get away. That hurts more.

Added later, in one of the link I posted earlier this was what happened in one case

The last bit is frightening for anyone.

Forget these cases, even petty cases are fabricated by the police everywhere because they are under pressure to "solve" cases. I know someone in the police who told me, "we routinely make petty thieves and pickpockets to confess to other crimes like dacoity etc ".
If that's the case then nothing is getting away. Why keep it exclusive to Gujarat only ?

devgupt

Country flag
I said the case has to be investigated thoroughly like all cases. I didn't call this case a fake. I said investigate it thoroughly as there have been earlier cases of fake cases.
Who should investigate it? Gujarat Police ?
Gujarat Police will be investigating it anyhow. The accused needs to be presented in court and the prosecution needs to show evidence to keep him in jail.
Or do you want to involve NIA? If that is the case would you demand NIA investigating all such cases ?police in other states have their share of fake cases?Can you see the logistical nightmare involved?

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The whole police and intel structure needs overhaul.

First things first, police has to be brought out of the clutches of the politicians. IPS should actually be Indian Police Service and not Indian Prostitutes Service. Which ever party is in power used police like a prostitute. They are not the personal property of the politicians. They should not spend 90% of their time on political duty.

Police is for the protection of the common man and not for harassing it.

Police should be made to report to the legislature of the state only.

Apart from that modernization and learning modern day investigating practices.

Same with the Intel. Countries like US has it's intel made to report to the joint house committee. Our intel is accountable to none. It should be made. As with the polce modernize intel, get it the latest gizmos and get boots on the ground.
Intel is the key to fighting terror.

I think their should be well publicized contact details which the general public with specific information about terror can use to pass on info. The informant himself should not be harassed afterwards. A lot of people probably might not be coming forward to pass on info to the police fearing just that. A people friendly police will do wonders.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles