MALABAR 2017 India Usa Japan Naval Exercise

J20!

Country flag
Correct, it is posting a 404 error because it was scrubbed but the excerpt is 一次航母试航过程中,后机炉舱给水管泄露,大量滚烫的炉水和蒸汽喷涌而出,机舱瞬间就淹没在水汽当中。得知情况后,楼富强立即到达现场,“班长以上人员留下,其他人员马上撤离!”下达完命令后,他一拉衣领就冲了进去,头发淋湿了,身上烫伤了,衣服刮破了……在他的带领下,大家奋不顾身,看不到破损的部位就用手摸,底板架太高就跳到热浪袭人的舱底抢修

It was an article posted about the chief engineer and what a basket case the engines of Liaoning are with equipment failure of 500 items and what a master engineer he was to even get it to sea but still could not prevent tragedy.

You seem to miss the point that the steel of Varyag was left untreated from 1985 until 2005 when it was drydocked at Dalian. That is a span of 20 years with no treatment, 17 years of it was in the water. You can't just leave it with no maintenance and have it be sea worthy. French were there pissing on its deck trudging through the rust piles to measure it for traversing the Hellespont. It is verifiable facts that this ship was not taken care of, that Ukraine tried selling it to everyone through public auction and Chinese were the only ones dumb enough to buy it as a "training ship" that never leaves Chinese waters. These are facts, lipstick on a pig.

As for the Gorshkov, whatever its problems it is still the most fit for duty of the three currently serving FSU carriers. Liaoning is at the bottom.
7 years on this thread and you're still making up your own facts to fit your narrative. So your source is a n excerpt from a deleted article written by CV16's "chief engineer"? So this "chief engineer" is the only person who saw these dead sailors? He's the only one who saw a 60 000 ton ship adrift in the bohai sea? Riiiight.

The rest of your post is even worse nonsense. The ship was launched in 1988. How is it launched with no treatment or paint? It's Hull still had that paint when refit began in 2003. Construction was halted in 1991. How can a ship under construction " be so rusty it's not even worth scrapping"? Russia was too broke to maintain the ships it inherited in '91, let alone complete as carrier with no shipyards capable of doing so in post soviet Russia.

Do u want a list of the ships they let rot or decommissioned or mothballed? Nakimov is one, and it's being refurbished now more than a decade later.

And I didn't know French piss can eat thru military grade steel?

Based on your "chief engineer" maybe. But everyone else who has the eyes to see and read would tell a different story indian "Frenchman". I've wasted enough debating a fanboy as is.

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
7 years on this thread and you're still making up your own facts to fit your narrative. So your source is a n excerpt from a deleted article written by CV16's "chief engineer"? So this "chief engineer" is the only person who saw these dead sailors? He's the only one who saw a 60 000 ton ship adrift in the bohai sea? Riiiight.
Looky what I found in the cached pages of Google... http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://mil.news.sina.com.cn/2014-10-14/1416805507.html&strip=1
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The rest of your post is even worse nonsense. The ship was launched in 1988. How is it launched with no treatment or paint? It's Hull still had that paint when refit began in 2003. Construction was halted in 1991. How can a ship under construction " be so rusty it's not even worth scrapping"? Russia was too broke to maintain the ships it inherited in '91, let alone complete as carrier with no shipyards capable of doing so in post soviet Russia.

It looks worse than US carriers headed for SINKEX. The rust is in the thousands of tonnes.

Do u want a list of the ships they let rot or decommissioned or mothballed? Nakimov is one, and it's being refurbished now more than a decade later.
There is a big difference between mothballed and left to the elements. A mothballed ship has humidity controls so it doesn't promote rust. This was the final state of Nakimov before it entered drydock and it is hella better than that rust bucket up there.

And I didn't know French piss can eat thru military grade steel?
Where did you want them to go? It wasn't like there were any lavatories on board.

Based on your "chief engineer" maybe. But everyone else who has the eyes to see and read would tell a different story indian "Frenchman". I've wasted enough debating a fanboy as is.
Your head engineer said it's boilers had equipment failure on more than 500 items. It actually sounds like these boilers were Made in China. :pound:

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Looky what I found in the cached pages of Google... http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://mil.news.sina.com.cn/2014-10-14/1416805507.html&strip=1

It looks worse than US carriers headed for SINKEX. The rust is in the thousands of tonnes.

There is a big difference between mothballed and left to the elements. A mothballed ship has humidity controls so it doesn't promote rust. This was the final state of Nakimov before it entered drydock and it is hella better than that rust bucket up there.

Where did you want them to go? It wasn't like there were any lavatories on board.

Your head engineer said it's boilers had equipment failure on more than 500 items. It actually sounds like these boilers were Made in China. :pound:
I gotta admit,that thing is more yellow than my teeth.

=============================================

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

J20!

Country flag

They were, in fact made in Ukraine in the late 1980's.

http://www.eastpendulum.com/nouvelle-campagne-entrainement-porte-avions-chinois

When the ex-Varyag was sold to China, propulsion systems were the few parts of the ship that remained in a proper state. The Chinese engineers then analyzed all the systems and implemented more than 1,000 modifications in order to improve the stability, the reliability and the overall performance of the propulsion.

One of the major changes is to reduce the pressure in the boiler pipes, in order to prevent boilers from operating systematically in over-speed mode when the vessel exceeds 18 knots, a problem that was present on its sistership, the Russian aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov.

https://www.navyrecognition.com/ind...-cruiser-admiral-nakhimov-is-on-schedule.html

Nakhimov has been moored at Sevmash since 1999. When the contract to refurbish and modernize her was signed in 2013, the ship had been tied up dock-side for 14 years. Work on Varyag's construction was halted in 1991. Dailan started work on her in 2003, 12 years after she had been tied up dock-side.

The only difference is the Russian cruiser was a completed ship and had been in active service for 11 years before being tied up at dock.

Varyag was in a sorry state when she arrived at Dailan shipyard. Only her Hull had been treated and painted; with a flight deck that had never had a zinc chromate primer or an anti skid surface. Of course there was rust.

Refit work began in 2003 at Dailan shipyard:

2005 in dry dock

2005 back pierside after months of Hull refurbishment and painting

Non skid zinc chromate primer applied in 2006

Non skid surface completed, work continues on the island-2007
My point still stands chief. At the end of the day CV16 is still a better carrier than your Vikramaditya is. The shipyard that refurbished, modernized and completed her benefitted more monetarily and technologically vis-a-vis their Indian counterparts who were meer spectators as the IN splurged $2.35 billion on a carrier conversion from a Russian shipyard with 0 experience working on air-craft carriers.

Mocking Liaoning is basically mocking yourselves.

Last edited:

SexyChineseLady

Lots of videos of carrier ops from Liaoning.

Almost nothing from the Indian carrier. That shows everyone that the Indian Russian carrier sails far less than the Chinese one.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Almost nothing from the Indian carrier. That shows everyone that the Indian Russian carrier sails far less than the Chinese one.
Pretty sure?
Those "lots of op videos" are mostly military exercises, you will get more about operations on war scenarios if you research about India or Russia.
And who is operating carriers since 6 decades and used them in actual war? India or PRC?

SexyChineseLady

Sorry, I don’t see many carrier op videos of this Vikramaditya but many videos of the Liaoning.

So that tells me all the Indian insults about the Liaoning are just jealousy talking because the Indian carrier (which is made and converted in Russia) sails far less than the Chinese carrier.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Sorry, I don’t see many carrier op videos of this Vikramaditya but many videos of the Liaoning.

So that tells me all the Indian insults about the Liaoning are just jealousy talking because the Indian carrier (which is made and converted in Russia) sails far less than the Chinese carrier.

Jooooooooo mean propaganda videos??????????????

==============================================

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Military hardware are meant for military business and not for public consumption, Our action speaks for themselves ..

Though, I won`t beat my chest off for some Russian junk ..

=================

Its better to stick with thread topic, no ?

Lots of videos of carrier ops from Liaoning.

SexyChineseLady

Those pictures (why no video?) are of a training exercise not war. How is it any difference from my many videos of the carrier operations off the Liaoning?

Sorry but your actions are that of a bunch of very jealous people. You said the Liaoning is Russian junk with a broken engine that can’t sail and yet I post videos after videos of carrier operations from it.

In fact, the Pentagon tags the Liaoning as exceptionally active (and again this is proven by many videos as well as news reports of Taiwanese scrambling and tracking of the Liaoning CBG on multiple occasions.)

The Vikramaditya is mostly dormant, almost no videos of carrier ops from it except for those few propaganda photos where the US and Japanese ships obviously outclass your rarely used Russian ship.

Unlike the Liaoning and Taiwan, I have never heard of Pakistan tracking the Vikramaditya. Mainly because it is almost never at sea — unlike the Liaoning which is at sea constantly.

J20!

Country flag
@J20! @SexyChineseLady bruh u guyz actually chinese or what or just Pakis masquerading as Chinese.
:dude: Yes. I'm BUSTED! I'm a Pakistani ISI agent assigned to infiltrate this highly "influential" internet forum for the past 8 years for the benefit of CHINA. It makes total sense right?

SexyChineseLady

No China in the country watch and I won’t be here.

Anyways, here is another Liaoning carrier ops video :)

CV 16 in the South China Sea. It is about 4000KMs by water from the Liaoning’s homeport of Dalian. Almost the same as from England across the Atlantic to the US.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Those pictures (why no video?) are of a training exercise not war. How is it any difference from my many videos of the carrier operations off the Liaoning?

Sorry but your actions are that of a bunch of very jealous people. You said the Liaoning is Russian junk with a broken engine that can’t sail and yet I post videos after videos of carrier operations from it.

In fact, the Pentagon tags the Liaoning as exceptionally active (and again this is proven by many videos as well as news reports of Taiwanese scrambling and tracking of the Liaoning CBG on multiple occasions.)

The Vikramaditya is mostly dormant, almost no videos of carrier ops from it except for those few propaganda photos where the US and Japanese ships obviously outclass your rarely used Russian ship.

Unlike the Liaoning and Taiwan, I have never heard of Pakistan tracking the Vikramaditya. Mainly because it is almost never at sea — unlike the Liaoning which is at sea constantly.
A HELI CARRIER OUTCLAASES an aircraft carrier, Gr8. Liaoning is a metal junk, which has still 65 percent rusted metal which was in the junkyard before the Chinese deal. Viki is 75 percent new metal carrier.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
They were, in fact made in Ukraine in the late 1980's.

http://www.eastpendulum.com/nouvelle-campagne-entrainement-porte-avions-chinois

When the ex-Varyag was sold to China, propulsion systems were the few parts of the ship that remained in a proper state. The Chinese engineers then analyzed all the systems and implemented more than 1,000 modifications in order to improve the stability, the reliability and the overall performance of the propulsion.

One of the major changes is to reduce the pressure in the boiler pipes, in order to prevent boilers from operating systematically in over-speed mode when the vessel exceeds 18 knots, a problem that was present on its sistership, the Russian aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov.
It is a well documented fact that the propulsion was never installed on the Varyag. China did a licensed production of Ukrainian boilers when it was at Dalian. It is the same model going into the next carrier so I hope you worked out the bugs. Heaven forbid they explode as I don't wish death by boiling steam on anyone.

My point still stands chief. At the end of the day CV16 is still a better carrier than your Vikramaditya is. The shipyard that refurbished, modernized and completed her benefitted more monetarily and technologically vis-a-vis their Indian counterparts who were meer spectators as the IN splurged $2.35 billion on a carrier conversion from a Russian shipyard with 0 experience working on air-craft carriers.
It is not known how much was spent reverse engineering the Varyag, but it was several times more than $2 billion. All the articles point to patch fixes and reworking designs to make things fit. They spent billions to get a rusting hulk into operation that has little to no combat value. It is basically a training device to the next one that is a clone of a flawed Soviet design. The next Indian carrier is based on Cavour, a much better design.

Mocking Liaoning is basically mocking yourselves.
You forget who you are talking to... mock this.

As for India... mock this.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its a multi-national war game where photo ops is primary for official formalities, This does not called PR as your country teaches you ..

Pakistan navy is no where to track anything significant beyond 300kms of their territorial waters, I suggest best read out geography before knee-jerking around here ..

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
No China in the country watch and I won’t be here.

Anyways, here is another Liaoning carrier ops video :)

CV 16 in the South China Sea. It is about 4000KMs by water from the Liaoning’s homeport of Dalian. Almost the same as from England across the Atlantic to the US.
South China Sea, you mean the one that borders China and only 1km from a Chinese navy base?:pound:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

The 21st edition of the Malabar naval exercise will kick off in the Bay of Bengal from 10 July. What does this exercise mean for the South Asian region? WION explores World is One News, WION examines global issues with in-depth analysis. We provide much more than the news of the day. Our aim is to empower people to explore their world.

As for India... mock this.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Read the first page before replying ..

Continue debate here ..

Global Defence

New threads

Articles