Main Battle Tanks and Armour Technology

If Tanks have to evolve, which path they should follow?

• Light Vehicles-Best for mobility

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Heavy Armour-Can take heavy punishment.

Votes: 57 16.8%
  • Modular Design-Allowing dynamic adaptions.

Votes: 198 58.2%
  • Universal Platform-Best for logistics.

Votes: 60 17.6%

• Total voters

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
you can consider a prototype but all in all I'd prefer a comparison of the four
The bigger the gun is (and not comparing a modern gun with a ww2 one of course...) the higher energy it has.
The longer the rod is, the higher energy it gave to the bullet.

Blood+

Country flag
Chinese VN-20 infantry fighting vehicle seems to be a mixed bag. It's a beast in terms of tonnage and armament compared to the western IFVs, but seems a bit unwieldy for its role.

Check this analysis out:

Let's be real here, its armor will be just as useless as that of any other IFVs against the weapons it'd expected to be facing such as RCL guns and ATGMs or even tanks. A STANAG Level VI is gonna be just vulnerable as IV.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Check out the image below. I have circled the external component of the Shtora ECM system on a Russian tank. Can't find any similar images of Indian T-90S tanks. Pickleball Opinion
Indian T-90s don't have shtora.. it's replaced by ERA tiles.

PS: there's no image attached & noone cares about gay-tennis

Blood+

Country flag
Probably cost a million each to make five of these, following which all those "military expert" morons on Youtube who usually jeer at Arjun would go gaga over Japanese "engineering"
Yeah, true, I'm one of those jeerers and for good reasons but this Japanese travesty on tracks is no less shitty either.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Probably cost a million each to make five of these, following which all those "military expert" morons on Youtube who usually jeer at Arjun would go gaga over Japanese "engineering"
Yeah, true, I'm one of those jeerers and for good reasons but this Japanese travesty on tracks is no less shitty either.
Ya'll Nibbiars 6 Million dollars that also in LRIP's. If was ever mass produced then would had costed much less. Their Armour, Drive and reverse drive technology are still unbeatable. Nano Crystal Steel, Fully Modular Ceramic Armour, Light weight Upper Armour. Advanced C4CI.

In the penetration resistance test, APFSDS type IV was used to shoot at full load from 250 Meters. The cost you Normally see also includes R&D cost as only 100 are ever produced. That's why it double the overall cost.

Last edited:

Blood+

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars 6 Million dollars that also in LRIP's. If was ever mass produced then would had costed much less. Their Armour, Drive and reverse drive technology are still unbeatable. Nano Crystal Steel, Fully Modular Ceramic Armour, Light weight Upper Armour. Advanced C4CI.

In the penetration resistance test, APFSDS type IV was used to shoot at full load from 250 Meters. The cost you Normally see also includes R&D cost as only 100 are ever produced. That's why it double the overall cost.
So you have bought into that whole "Nano Crystal Steel" shenanigans as well I see. Dude, hate to break it to you but it's just a clever marketing gimmick and not the sci-fi wonder-material that it has been portrayed as. Plus, its turret geometry is plain atrocious and I'm being gentle here.

Global Defence

Articles