Main Battle Tanks and Armour Technology

If Tanks have to evolve, which path they should follow?

• Light Vehicles-Best for mobility

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Heavy Armour-Can take heavy punishment.

Votes: 57 16.8%
  • Modular Design-Allowing dynamic adaptions.

Votes: 198 58.2%
  • Universal Platform-Best for logistics.

Votes: 60 17.6%

• Total voters

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
I strike again.. My long-standing prediction regarding the sad joke that is T-14 Armata has proven correct.
Bleh what is your take on this tank?

Trololo

Country flag
Weapons can mean freedom from invasion and the respect of fear which depending upon ones values may or may not be that important to some people.

It depends ultimately on what is your master value as that will decide the lower level values and actions based upon it.this in turn lead to someone having a different perspective upon their own state of affairs.

Ex: I'm sure alot of Pakis would not mind living in squalor unless it reaches a level where they can't eat day to day as long as they feel the ghazwa hind plans are seen to be going as planned.these conditions may manifest in the form of tanks being operational in large nos in their army,etc.

Similarly,Russians may be fine with the comparitively lower quality of material life possessions or services as long as the social and political life is not influenced by any external sources especially western sources.
Its to our discredit that we cannot bring Pakis to see that day when they can't get a day's meal.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Always. Since the 30s of the 20th century. This is not a uniform, but a jumpsuit that is worn over it.
Ya'll Nibbiars didn't knew that our tank Crew always had the Black uniforms since 1970 as far as I remember. That's why asked.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
In Donbass, drones armed with shaped-charge bombs converted from RKG-3 are actively used. This is not a tricky way to defend yourself.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Why not put a thicker ERA on top along with a radar + jammer.
This is all theory, but you can see the fact in the photograph. These bombs are destroying Russian tanks "now".
Your proposal takes a long time. The Russians still do not implement the "Arena" en masses (30 years have passed). This will be a new development.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles