The JF17 KLJ Aesa has a tracking range quoted at 175km

i WILL suggest 150km FOR MKI detection

PL15 has a range of 200km but i will suggest this i for AWACS size planes

I suggest MKI van be engaged at 150km
THAT is double the range of R77 imo
same at meteore
Better than Derby ER
And better than Astra by 50%

SO our hope is that this missle fits only block 3 thunders ie 50 planes until 2025
In War scenario

ensure we have better tactics

no other options

Assassin 2.0

Country flag

I suggest MKI van be engaged at 150km
same at meteore
Better than Derby ER

SO our hope is that this missle fits only block 3 thunders ie 50 planes until 2025
In War scenario

no other options
JF-17 KJL air cooled asea 😵😵 even Americans haven't matured technology to produce air cooled asea radar so technically saying it's asea just in the name it's performance would be slightly above than currently used Jf-17 radar. And SU-30 pesa radar can also track and engage with JF-17 from a longer range.
Second comparing PL-15 to meteor what is the no escape zone of PL-15 and that missiles is not really comparable to meteor because of totally different propulsion system and PL-15 is at least a decade behind that missile PL-15 is just bigger R-77 which is having more fuel to burn a little longer. Because of it's bigger and heavier size it would not be logical to arm every jet with that awacs killer
If Chinese BVRM missiles were so capable why Pakistan didn't used them on 27 feb?
For now in Pakistani inventory best missile is amram-120C and india's Astra is already ahead of that missile and to match i - derby Pakistan have nothing.
Btw by 2025 india will have SFDR and greater range astra.

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
JF-17 KJL air cooled asea 😵😵 even Americans haven't matured technology to produce air cooled asea radar
Is American developing such a technology? I don't think so. Even Chinese is not interested in this. It is specially designed for the small sky area battle, such as Pakistan.

If Chinese BVRM missiles were so capable why Pakistan didn't used them on 27 feb?
Because PL-15 is not sold to Pakistan until today. You can't use something you don't have, can you?

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

175 km tracking range for 5m2 target? Same range is 400km for SU 30 radar.
2 decade Old bars had 160km detection & tracking range for F 16 size target head on in 300 sq degree scanning zone.
a russian SU 30SM detected & tracked a F 22 over 40km in Syria. Now if we assume JF 17 clean RCS to be 1.2m2 ( same as F 16/blk 52 ) than detection range would be over 400km. Now people say F 22 was carrying radar reflector which was probably the case. But pukes plane are no stealth. jamming is there only option.
suggest MKI van be engaged at 150km
same at meteore
Better than Derby ER

In War scenario

no other options
MKI will be engaged at 150km only in your dream. Singapore F 16/blk 52 were unable to do s**t against SU 30 with there SAP 518 jammers on untill they were as close as 60 km.
In real combat you are dead meat at that range.

Last edited:

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
can some one tell me how will IAF deal if PAF uses updated J17 with PL15 missile , how we can beat them while they use PL15
PL15, as all the chinese weapons are not combat proven. The chinese lack of real fire experience. We may have a big doubt about the real effectivity of all their weapons and weapon systems.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles