LVM3/GSLV Mark III News, Discussions, Updates and Reports

Neeraj Mathur

Country flag
"Cryogenic engine for GSLV Mk-III in 2 years"

Sriharikota (AP), Dec 18 (PTI) The cryogenic engine for the latest GSLV Mark III rocket capable of carrying heavier payloads upto four tonnes, is expected to be ready within two years, ISRO Chairman K Radhakrishnan said here today.

Announcing the success of the GSLV Mark-III (LVM3X/CARE) experimental mission from the Mission Control Centre here, he said the cryogenic engine was being developed at the Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre at Mahendragiri in Tirunelveli district of Tamil Nadu.

kurup

Country flag
All credit goes to soheil for this CGI of GSLV MK3 for Human Space Flight

GokuInd

The reactions in Western - particularly European - media are backhanded and predictable as usual. What else is new??

Reactions in Germany (I'm based there and speak German) i.e. range from downright indifference to open outrage and racism. The usual argument being: "Many (who??), however, say India's space program is a 'delusional dream' of India seeking super-power status since 400 million Indians still live without electricity and 600 million people still do not have access to toilets."

Cannot be more condescending right?? As if saving the expenditures will make poverty vanish.

The angry white men are rattled facing stiff competition from the so-called developing world. The times of a rich and lazy life in pockets of affluence are definitely over. Time for them to realize. Fast.

archie

Country flag
Do they have pictures of the craft during reentry? possibily firey

tramp

Do they have pictures of the craft during reentry? possibily firey
Unlikely because where would the camera be? It cannot be anywhere protruding from surface of the crew module because then it would be burnt to cinder.

karn

Country flag
Thank you for posting the pix. Any pix on recovering it... like hauling it aboard vessel?
Not yet ... I follow the ISRO website I guess.

The reactions in Western - particularly European - media are backhanded and predictable as usual. What else is new??

Reactions in Germany (I'm based there and speak German) i.e. range from downright indifference to open outrage and racism. The usual argument being: "Many (who??), however, say India's space program is a 'delusional dream' of India seeking super-power status since 400 million Indians still live without electricity and 600 million people still do not have access to toilets."

Cannot be more condescending right?? As if saving the expenditures will make poverty vanish.

The angry white men are rattled facing stiff competition from the so-called developing world. The times of a rich and lazy life in pockets of affluence are definitely over. Time for them to realize. Fast.
Can you link some ... ( I understand german )

pmaitra

I hope a video of the CARE recovery will emerge soon. The still pictures are good too.

CrYsIs

Country flag
Congrats everyone!Hopefully we can expect to see manned mission by 2021.

But,

Doordarshan should be banned, a historical moment completely ruined by the channel.

Last edited:

CrYsIs

Country flag
GSLV Mk3 is a HUGE technological leap for India. We've been held back in cryogenic engine development for so many years by enemy nations' intelligence agencies. I'm surprised that the media is not going apeshit over this, and is treating it like just another PSLV launch. They're still giving a rats ass to 131 paki vermin getting erased from this planet.

I beg to differ from you,Transferring cryogenic engine knowhow is not permissible under MTCR because of it's dual use.Either buy the technology covertly(like the chinese did) or else develop it yourself but just don't go and openly ask for it like India did in the 1990's.

Also the cryogenic engine which is being developed for this rocket is not the same kind of cryogenic engine being flown on GSLV 2.This is a indigenous engine running on a different cycle.

karn

Country flag
Congrats everyone!Hopefully we can expect to see manned mission by 2021.

But,

Doordarshan should be banned, a historical moment completely ruined by the channel.
Banned lol ... Its a govt organisation . They can just shut it down . I lost all hope on DD after the debacle of the Beijing olympics .

I beg to differ from you,Transferring cryogenic engine knowhow is not permissible under MTCR because of it's dual use.Either buy the technology covertly(like the chinese did) or else develop it yourself but just don't go and openly ask for it like India did in the 1990's.

Also the cryogenic engine which is being developed for this rocket is not the same kind of cryogenic engine being flown on GSLV 2.This is a indigenous engine running on a different cycle.
He is referring to the incident where key scientists of the cryogenic engine were arrested and accused of espionage . The role of foreign intelligence agencies is thought to behind the action of the police and IB.

archie

Country flag

As far as i know There is no missile that is based on cryogenic Engine... its always been used for space programs and there is lot of Unknowns on that episode .. hope the truth comes out

archie

Country flag
Unlikely because where would the camera be? It cannot be anywhere protruding from surface of the crew module because then it would be burnt to cinder.
Wont there be video tracking the decent from surface ships .. is that possible ??

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Like i said before ----- please, please swallow pride and for the sake of the nation,
hand drdo, hal , kaveri development over to these men and women

The sooner we realise and act on that, the better for the nation..

At the very least, form a national committee to oversee and comment
on the development of each and every project which has defence and strategic
implications and as a MUST, include top level staff
from ISRO to be part of the committee .

Secondly publish in the form of a grid chart, the progress of each project, the amount of
(taxpayers) money spent since inception, the time taken so far and the stage reached
It will act as an annual report card which should be published for the nation to see.

The report card will omit and sensitive disclosures and top secret projects will not
be mentioned .
Indian people can then give their views and we can have televised debates about the success
and the failures and those in the the grey-area .

Projects which are repeat failures can be questioned with managers motivated or substituted.
Projects which show good success can have their managers rewarded and given greater and
higher responsibilities.

Before long a pyramid structure of human resources in technology management will emerge
That is the reality of the situation and we being a huge nation should have hundreds of thousands
at the top of the pyramid .
If we reward those, they wont migrate out and help other nations
at our expense ( as is happening now ) and our projects will forge ahead
perhaps as good or even better than our neighbour.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles