LTTE's strong anti-India posture continues; Govt extends ban

Galaxy

Country flag
LTTE's strong anti-India posture continues; Govt extends ban

Government has extended the ban on LTTE declaring that it continues to adopt a strong anti- India posture and pose a grave threat to the security of its citizens.

In a notification, the Home Ministry said the activities of LTTE are detrimental to the sovereignty and territorial integrity of India and there is a continuing strong need to control all such separatist activities by all possible means.

"LTTE continues to adopt a strong anti-India posture as also continues to pose a grave threat to the security of Indian nationals, it is necessary to declare LTTE as an 'unlawful association' with immediate effect," the Home Ministry notification issued by joint secretary Dharmendra Sharma said.

LTTE was banned in India in the aftermath of the assassination of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi in 1991.

The organisation was also defeated and virtually decimated by the Sri Lankan forces in 2009 when its supremo V. Prabhakaran was also eliminated.

The Home Ministry said separatist Tamil chauvinist and pro-LTTE groups continue to foster a separatist tendency among the masses and trying to enhance the support base for LTTE in India, particularly in Tamil Nadu, which will ultimately have a strong disintegrating influence over the territorial integrity of India.

"The diaspora continue to spread through articles in the Internet portals, anti-India feeling amongst the Sri Lankan Tamils by holding the top Indian political leaders and bureaucrats responsible for the defeat of the LTTE," it said.

"Such propaganda through Internet, which remains continued, is likely to impact VVIP security adversely in India," the notification said.

The Home Ministry said the activities of the LTTE remnant cadres, dropouts, sympathisers, supporters who have been traced out recently in Tamil Nadu suggest that the cadres sent to Tamil Nadu would ultimately be utilised by the LTTE for unlawful activities.

The activities of pro-LTTE organisations and individuals have come to notice of the government that despite of the ban in force, attempts have been made by these forces to extend their support to the LTTE.

"The LTTE leaders, operatives and supporters have been inimically opposed to India's policy on their organisation and action of the state machinery in curbing their activities," it said.

The Home Ministry also said the LTTE's objective for a separate homeland (Tamil Eelam) for all Tamils threatens the sovereignty and territorial integrity of India and amounts to cession from the Union and thus falls the ambit of unlawful activities.

The LTTE, even after its military defeat in May 2009 in Sri Lanka, has not abandoned the concept of 'Eelam' and has been clandestinely working towards the 'Eelam' cause by undertaking fund raising and propaganda activities in Europe.

The remnant LTTE leaders or cadres have also initiated efforts to regroup the scattered activities and resurrect the outfit locally and internationally, it said.

The Hindu : News / National : LTTE's strong anti-India posture continues; Govt extends ban

Galaxy

Country flag
I don't understand the logic. This extension of ban is meaningless because DMK which is part of UPA-2 has same goal as LTTE i.e Tamil Eelam. Will Congress government explain ?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I don't understand the logic. This extension of ban is meaningless because DMK which is part of UPA-2 has same goal as LTTE i.e Tamil Eelam. Will Congress government explain ?
They only enact dramas as part of cheap politics to exploit sentiments of people to get votes. They otherwise do not seem to have any such aim.

Galaxy

Country flag
They only enact dramas as part of cheap politics to exploit sentiments of people to get votes. They otherwise do not seem to have any such aim.
Exactly. This is all drama. Either GoI thinks everybody is fool or consider themselves as over-smart. What's point in banning LTTE when DMK (pro-LTTE) with same goal is part of UPA-2. :rofl:

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Extension on ban is to please Rajapakshe. Who is acting as like a JVP leader !

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
If DMK gave a shit about it they wouldn't have turned a blind eye to what happened across the pond. Infact this applies to all tamils aswell.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
LTTE eleimanted all Tamil organisations that were sympathetic to India _ PLOT, TELO, EPRLF, Tamil political parties etc. I do not know when was LTTE pro India. Though their cadres used to swear by India, may be false to cover up real things.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
LTTE eleimanted all Tamil organisations that were sympathetic to India _ PLOT, TELO, EPRLF, Tamil political parties etc. I do not know when was LTTE pro India. Though their cadres used to swear by India, may be false to cover up real things.
Of course it was not pro-India.

An organization that has plans to create separate homeland for tamils is by default anti-India because that means breaking away tamil nadu and merge it with tamil eelam.

Oracle

Government has extended the ban on LTTE declaring that it continues to adopt a strong anti- India posture and pose a grave threat to the security of its citizens.

In a notification, the Home Ministry said the activities of LTTE are detrimental to the sovereignty and territorial integrity of India and there is a continuing strong need to control all such separatist activities by all possible means.

"LTTE continues to adopt a strong anti-India posture as also continues to pose a grave threat to the security of Indian nationals, it is necessary to declare LTTE as an 'unlawful association' with immediate effect," the Home Ministry notification issued by joint secretary Dharmendra Sharma said.

LTTE was banned in India in the aftermath of the assassination of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi in 1991.

The organisation was also defeated and virtually decimated by the Sri Lankan forces in 2009 when its supremo V. Prabhakaran was also eliminated.

The Home Ministry said separatist Tamil chauvinist and pro-LTTE groups continue to foster a separatist tendency among the masses and trying to enhance the support base for LTTE in India, particularly in Tamil Nadu, which will ultimately have a strong disintegrating influence over the territorial integrity of India.

"The diaspora continue to spread through articles in the Internet portals, anti-India feeling amongst the Sri Lankan Tamils by holding the top Indian political leaders and bureaucrats responsible for the defeat of the LTTE," it said.

"Such propaganda through Internet, which remains continued, is likely to impact VVIP security adversely in India," the notification said.

The Home Ministry said the activities of the LTTE remnant cadres, dropouts, sympathisers, supporters who have been traced out recently in Tamil Nadu suggest that the cadres sent to Tamil Nadu would ultimately be utilised by the LTTE for unlawful activities.

The activities of pro-LTTE organisations and individuals have come to notice of the government that despite of the ban in force, attempts have been made by these forces to extend their support to the LTTE.

"The LTTE leaders, operatives and supporters have been inimically opposed to India's policy on their organisation and action of the state machinery in curbing their activities," it said.

The Home Ministry also said the LTTE's objective for a separate homeland (Tamil Eelam) for all Tamils threatens the sovereignty and territorial integrity of India and amounts to cession from the Union and thus falls the ambit of unlawful activities.

The LTTE, even after its military defeat in May 2009 in Sri Lanka, has not abandoned the concept of 'Eelam' and has been clandestinely working towards the 'Eelam' cause by undertaking fund raising and propaganda activities in Europe.

The remnant LTTE leaders or cadres have also initiated efforts to regroup the scattered activities and resurrect the outfit locally and internationally, it said.

TheHindu

Oracle

So, things are being monitored. Good. Terrorist sympathizers need to be careful.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The bloody government does not know shit. It's the SL government which is terrorist. LTTE were peace loving people who had no ill feelings against India. We have nothing to fear from those doves.

PS: ok ok. I was just being sarcastic. But then such statements will be seen. :D

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
Good news LTTE must be continued to be banned and not allow to find another leader,

Also at same time Govt of India must continue to monitor the after war life of people in SL. They both must go in hand in hand else we are asking for trouble.

Remember LTTE was supported by many in it's bigining stage because SL govt refuse to give the same rights that an singali enjoys we should not create another situation similar to that.

Oracle

The bloody government does not know shit. It's the SL government which is terrorist. LTTE were peace loving people who had no ill feelings against India. We have nothing to fear from those doves.

PS: ok ok. I was just being sarcastic. But then such statements will be seen. :D
I am surprised by the silence so far.

pmaitra

^^

Oracle is looking for an opportunity to start his bashing spree. I wish Maddy was here. I'm sure fireworks would have started by now. :D

Oracle

Does LTTE still exist?
I would like to think so. During the final days of the war many tried to escape to TN, and many might have. Plus the separatist people are trying hard to prop up the LTTE from it's grave.

I am sure it's killing you :D
^^

Oracle is looking for an opportunity to start his bashing spree. I wish Maddy was here. I'm sure fireworks would have started by now. :D
So, condemning a terrorist group that has assassinated a former PM, and condemning it's sympathizers is wrong? :facepalm:

HeinzGud

Country flag
I would like to think so. During the final days of the war many tried to escape to TN, and many might have. Plus the separatist people are trying hard to prop up the LTTE from it's grave.
LTTE do exist. But not as a fighting force rather as a political organization in Canada and EU. I do not think that TN populace won't to join a organization that has no future. But for the people live in western countries and people who wants to go their as Tamils would like to play the genocide card for a long time! :p

Galaxy

Country flag
This extension of ban is meaningless because DMK which is part of UPA-2 has same goal as LTTE i.e Tamil Eelam. They are quite clear on that. What's point in banning a dead organisation when Congress is with DMK with similar ideology and vision? :confused:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles