Love and marriage

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Yesterday, I chatted with a group of girls, they all think the actor of <Slumdog Millionaire> is so charming, and the major reason of their views is that the boy never changed his heart, and loved the actress even when the girl changed a lot.
That let me think of our love, and many times we find it is easy for us to fall in love with other girls, And it can give rise to curious situation, we may get attracted by several girls at the same time, and we may lose our interest very soon. So there may have something wrong with our love curve.
I think the normal distribution curve is so incredible, and the law of development of many things can be described using it. as it did in the case of the creature, which must get through its own life cycle.
And our love line can be similar to it, too. As the chart below, the ordinate axis represent the depth of our love(D),and the abscissa represent the time(T) .Look at the red line, it is the original one, and what we can do is to 1,shift the curve to the right(to the blue curve) 2.try to slow down your pace to the top(A) .

But I think it is very hard to handle, when you are dating with your girl friend, you may want to give her the whole world, and she may get bored with you, that means you reach the top point (A) before you get married. It is a technical work.
Yang's law of Matrimony ???

Maybe you can use Poisson's Distribution in that forumla as well... I love Poisson's Distribution... coz' I could never understand it myself...

ShyAngel

Founding Member
Wow. Notebook is the ultimate chick-flick.
But its too romantic though. This film just took my breath away.....reminds me of me as little girl! Chick flick hell yeah! If yang can be hopeless romeo why can't I be chick flick...hehehe

yang

Yang's law of Matrimony ???

Maybe you can use Poisson's Distribution in that forumla as well... I love Poisson's Distribution... coz' I could never understand it myself...
Poisson distribution maybe a little complex, the normal distriBution isn't suitable enough,though,but its shape can explain many things.
How to keep a flower fresh ,just keep it as a bud,and blossom slowly.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Poisson distribution maybe a little complex, the normal distriBution isn't suitable enough,though,but its shape can explain many things.
How to keep a flower fresh ,just keep it as a bud,and blossom slowly.
LOL !!! What are you studying Yang ??? I'll bet it has a lot to do with Engineering and Mathematics....

Su-47

My views on love and marriage:

Love: Its essential to our existence as human beings. Without love we aren't any different from machines, albeit a lot more inefficient. Love completes us.

Marriage: I am ok with the concept of arranged marriage. I beleive that we should find our soul mates ourselves, but sometimes we find that the ones our parents chose for us is our soul mate. If i fall in love, i would want to marry that girl, but otherwise, i'm ok with my parents finding me a girl, as long as i feel we are right for each other. I think theres hould be atleast 6 month engagement period, where we get to know each other. I will only marry a girl if i have genuinely fallen in love with her. I wont marry someone in the hope that 'love will come'.

Live-ins: I'm not sure bout this one right now. I suppose its ok for those who don't have the balls to propose.

Virginity: Now i'm not a stickler on this. I have no problems with pre-marital sex. A lot of people, mainly people from Asia, want their partners to be virgins at marriage. I wouln't lie to you, i would prefer my bride to be a virgin, but its unfair to expect that of her if i aint one. If i fall in love with a girl, i wouldn't refrain from marrying her if she isnt a virgin. As long as a couple are honest with each other about their past relationships before marriage, its alright.

Cheating: Unforgivable. I can never forgive those who cheat on their partners. People often give excuses, like a sour relationship, but that doesn't warrant cheating. If u like someone else when u in a relationship, end that relationship before engaging in another one. I find cheating the ultimate form of betrayal.

Divorce: I think people should really think a lot more before they go for this step. I think nowadays people are divorcing for the stupidest reasons. They should really think it through. Divorce has a very negative effect on children. If at all possible, make necessary adjustments to make the marriage work.

Well, these are my views. Dunno how many will agree with these

johnee

love is essential to human being. not just the love between one male and female, but generally love is essential. love between son and father, mother and daughter, brother and sister...etc etc.
marriage is a very important institution. it gives stability to an individual and an entire society.
love marriage or arranged marriage?
anyone, as long as you can work out things. IMO, arranged marriage works much better than love marriage.

live-in relationship?
in short term like 2yrs, its alright. but it generally has bad effects on the couple. also, AFAIK, the thing that keeps the live-in-relationship(LVR) alive is curiosity, new love(attraction), and sex. but after sometime all these wane away. then you need something to bind the couple. marriage provides the requisite sanctity, social acceptance and rituals to keep the couple together and committed.
IMHO, religion also generally plays imp role in keeping couples together.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles