Looking for volunteers for Media Gallery

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Folks,

We now have a new media gallery which is empty right now. (Click on the "Media" tab on the top to see it)

I would urge everyone to upload images with the following constraints:
  1. Image should not be watermarked and/or copyrighted
  2. Proper image description must be added
  3. Image should be high quality
  4. Image must only be defence or military related and uploaded in the right section.
Sticking this thread for more visibility.

PS: Right now only Senior Members and above have the ability to upload. If you aren't one and really interested in contributing then send me a message. I can give you privileges

Kumata

Country flag
Folks,

We now have a new media gallery which is empty right now. (Click on the "Media" tab on the top to see it)

I would urge everyone to upload images with the following constraints:
  1. Image should not be watermarked and/or copyrighted
Apologies saar,

Why would some body contribute his original content if he / she cannot water mark or keep his original ownership.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Apologies saar,

Why would some body contribute his original content if he / she cannot water mark or keep his original ownership.
It can be open source content too.

Also, DFI's image CDN offers a secure store for media. Check most multimedia threads, external image providers have kaput but DFI has endured

Kumata

Country flag
It can be open source content too.

Also, DFI's image CDN offers a secure store for media. Check most multimedia threads, external image providers have kaput but DFI has endured
My Point was diffrent. I never doubted the security per se.

If we are to attract Original compilations, we must respect Originals owners copy right. Thats where the value will come from.

If i am working hard to get a image, i had like to retain copy right over that image... anyways, It's your choice.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
My Point was diffrent. I never doubted the security per se.

If we are to attract Original compilations, we must respect Originals owners copy right. Thats where the value will come from.

If i am working hard to get a image, i had like to retain copy right over that image... anyways, It's your choice.
I didn't mean security by "secure". Most people use some free image host for distributing their files. Many of these hosts go down or go paid unlike DFI which has been hosting images continuously for 10+ years. Sure, if you want to privately store your images on Dropbox/Google Drive thats fine. But for mass distribution you need a CDN and most of them cost money. Free ones close shop or become paid.

Another reason for no watermarks is that people sometimes upload images which are copyrighted by other owners which is not ideal

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles