Looking for ex-airforce pilots to know about IAF

sriharsha.kunda

Hello everyone,

I am a graduate student pursuing my masters in USA. I am really interested to join IAF as an engineer. I am working on a research paper about IAF unmanned aircraft systems. So far the data I have been collecting is very less and I would like to know more about our Indian Airforce. I need many inputs and suggestions of ex-pilots and other forum members too to improve my research work. The main aim of my research work is to concentrate and emphasize on the role of Indian Air Force in UAS and their usage.My research work later will be used to developed a full scale indigenous UAV.Kindly give your valuable suggestions and inputs.

Thanks,
Sri Harsha

bose

Country flag
Welcome to DFI !! I Hope your wish get fulfilled... There can not be more pleasure than one serving his motherland...

sriharsha.kunda

Right now I am looking at all the UAV systems that are available with Indian air force,most of them are imported from Israel. Our country is capable of making UAVs yet it takes lot of time and there are very few companies and skilled engineers who can design,developed and operate them,if I can make a case study about the present UAV systems and the companies that are in India,later we can develop a UAV completely from indigenous technology. We can manufacture the entire bodies from composites and electronics can be designed by academic institutes and private companies,so right now this study will be useful towards data collection and to get a good knowledge about the feasibility of UAV systems in IAF in the long term.please give me your inputs if I am wrong at any point.

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
best of luck, my best wishes. Happy to see someone working instead of sitting in chair and blaming DRDO. I will provide info if there is any.

Ashutosh Lokhande

Hello everyone,

I am a graduate student pursuing my masters in USA. I am really interested to join IAF as an engineer. I am working on a research paper about IAF unmanned aircraft systems. So far the data I have been collecting is very less and I would like to know more about our Indian Airforce. I need many inputs and suggestions of ex-pilots and other forum members too to improve my research work. The main aim of my research work is to concentrate and emphasize on the role of Indian Air Force in UAS and their usage.My research work later will be used to developed a full scale indigenous UAV.Kindly give your valuable suggestions and inputs.

Thanks,
Sri Harsha
hi there,
i would love to help you, can you plz tell me what exactly you looking for? i can ask my bro as he is a squadron leader currently on ground duty to test and operate UAV's for the indian airforce, and where exactly you from? my bro is currently stationed at J&K. maybe he can help you.

Last edited:

sriharsha.kunda

hi there,
i would love to help you, can you plz tell me what exactly you looking for? i can ask my bro as he is a squadron leader currently on ground duty to test and operate UAV's for the indian airforce, and where exactly you from? my bro is currently stationed at J&K. maybe he can help you.
I am from India,right now I'm in USA pursuing my masters. I am doing my research on the Indian Air force UAV systems,I would like to know some details related to the present development of UAVs in IAF. Some of the details might be confidential as even the operators won't even know about them,all I need is like what is the key role of these unmanned aerial vehicles in present scenario inside the air force and how our air force will be concentrating on increasing the unmanned airpower in the coming years. It will be really helpful if you can help me to contact your brother sir :):)

Ashutosh Lokhande

I am from India,right now I'm in USA pursuing my masters. I am doing my research on the Indian Air force UAV systems,I would like to know some details related to the present development of UAVs in IAF. Some of the details might be confidential as even the operators won't even know about them,all I need is like what is the key role of these unmanned aerial vehicles in present scenario inside the air force and how our air force will be concentrating on increasing the unmanned airpower in the coming years. It will be really helpful if you can help me to contact your brother sir :):)
sure ill talk to him and let you know.

sriharsha.kunda

I know its classified sir,but I don't want the details about the vehicles procurement and all those things,but it will be helpful at least people like you and forums like these are giving inputs from various sources.no problem,any other thing that he can help regarding the IAF details related to engineering services,if I have a chance I would love to come back to India after masters and join air force as an engineer :) do you know what is the exact process for joining as an engineer and what will be the physical fitness levels?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles