Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor

Zebra

Country flag
Analysis: Long Road for F-22's First Combat Mission | Defense News | defensenews.com

Sep. 23, 2014 - 04:00PM
By AARON MEHTA

WASHINGTON — The F-22 Raptor has flown its first combat operation, a major milestone for the small air dominance fleet.

An Air Force official confirmed that the Raptor was used over Syria Monday during nighttime operations against the Islamic State (IS) and other militant groups as part of a joint force of US and Arabian Gulf region allies.

"A mix of US aircraft and aircraft from within the US Central Command area of operations conducted the strikes," the Air Force official said in a statement. "We will not specify the exact numbers of US aircraft or the specific munitions they employed. However, the US aircraft participating in the operation included remotely piloted aircraft, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18 and F-22 fighters and B-1 bombers.....

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
I think India must try and get our hands on F-22 RAPTOR as a part of a defence deal with the USA......

Dhairya Yadav

I think India must try and get our hands on F-22 RAPTOR as a part of a defence deal with the USA......
Its production stopped in 2007. And US has made it clear that F22 is not going to be exported to any country, even though its an ally.
Example would of Japan . Japan badly requested US for F22 sale but US declined Straight Faced .
Also, getting such a major weaponary would badly damage Indo- Russian ties, and for India Russia is a greater priority than US.
We already are developing FGFA, So why do we need Raptor ?

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
Its production stopped in 2007. And US has made it clear that F22 is not going to be exported to any country, even though its an ally.
Example would of Japan . Japan badly requested US for F22 sale but US declined Straight Faced .
Also, getting such a major weaponary would badly damage Indo- Russian ties, and for India Russia is a greater priority than US.
We already are developing FGFA, So why do we need Raptor ?

Japan Seeking F22 is a news to me ... you have any source do share... i think they were not happy with F35 but they wanted F22?

Secondly we cannot afford F22.... even US is facing trouble economic financial maintaining its fleet.....

Dhairya Yadav

Last edited:

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
.Japan..! here is a another word

Israel ...Does Israel have F 22 or Not

Kshatriya87

Country flag
I don't think USA will sell it to us. Maybe only to their faithful allies. They wouldn't want to lose their air dominance. Also, they are very very very expensive.

Dhairya Yadav

I meant to say, to get our hands on the tech and the design part.
I actually suspect India has already done something like that . If you look at both, AMCA looks a lot like YF23, the design that lost to YF22. Not saying US willing gave us the design, but maybe our scientists figured out its aerodynamic characteristics.
US would never give us ToT of anything , let alone the raptor.

Dhairya Yadav

I meant to say, to get our hands on the tech and the design part.
I actually suspect India has already done something like that . If you look at both, AMCA looks a lot like YF23, the design that lost to YF22. Not saying US willingly gave us the design, but maybe our scientists figured out its aerodynamic characteristics.
US would never give us ToT of anything , let alone the raptor.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Israel does not have f22 but it has ordered f35.
Israel have Access to F 22 in case of any Emergency ..I got only this Hint

Those F 22 Stationed in Abu Dhabi in matter of CENTCOM's Emergency as well as His foremost Ally Israel's Emergency

There is more than Something Behind the Scene

jaci07

Israel have Access to F 22 in case of any Emergency ..I got only this Hint

Those F 22 Stationed in Abu Dhabi in matter of CENTCOM's Emergency as well as His foremost Ally Israel's Emergency

There is more than Something Behind the Scene
Can you please give any link related to your comments?
With all my respect don't mind friend.I just wanted to be 100% sure

Sent from my Micromax A106 using Tapatalk

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Can you please give any link related to your comments?
With all my respect don't mind friend.I just wanted to be 100% sure
There is No Official Press Release about that Story ..As I already said That it's on the Behind the scene

But There is Conspirator Posted something in their Blog about the Israeli F 22

jaci07

There is No Official Press Release about that Story ..As I already said That it's on the Behind the scene

But There is Conspirator Posted something in their Blog about the Israeli F 22
As far as i know the Americans have given the proposal to Israeli's to buy the f-22 raptors.But Israel has rejected the proposal because f-22 is overpriced in their view.So they opted to buy f-35.

Sent from my Micromax A106 using Tapatalk

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles