Live War : Combat Helmet Camera

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
500 Pound Bomb Dropped on U.S. Soldiers By Mistake

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BSzBCgbicbA

Paktika Province, Afghanistan - After spotting Taliban forces on a distant ridge line, U.S. Army mortar teams engage with 60mm mortars. A simultaneous airstrike is called in which accidentally drops a 500 pound bomb on a U.S. Army infantry outpost, mistaking the position for Taliban fighters. Luckily there were no friendly casualties in this rare incident, due to the First Sergeant's decision to bring everyone to "stand to" before the drop. It is still unclear what caused the pilot to target the wrong position. "If it wasn't for the decision of our First Sergeant, three of our guys would have died in that wooden building which was shredded by shrapnel."

itsAurea

Country flag
it is jarring to see this kind of footage due to people really fighting with weapons. We usually see it in the video games and the movies but it is amazing to see weapons work in real life. It will be interesting to see how firefights break out and how it actually starts. Most movies I have seen are talking strategies but I see that there are some interesting events going on in the firefights that have been posted on here. It would be nice to get into the perspectives of the soldiers with their communication though.

Aspirant847

Country flag
Iraqi young soldier trapped by ISIS sniper .
Then he used his cool mind and try to escape .................

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk
Enemy at the gates kinda scene. Couldn't he have just run after one of the failed shots without all this?

Anirbann Datta

Eternal Flame
Country flag
Enemy at the gates kinda scene. Couldn't he have just run after one of the failed shots without all this?
the Iraqi guy used the time between reload and scope/recoil settlement, thus reducing the chances of getting shot probability down. Either the sniper is good or is in within visual range ( his helmet got baaamed almost immediately , i guess 7.62/51 got 2700 ft/s muzzle velocity, this it made the runner's chances of being shot almost 100% if had he the leap with leap of faith), so really sharp presence of mind and battle tactics showing here.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles