LIVE updates: Earthquake measuring 6.9 in magnitude rocks Myanmar; tremors felt in north India

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
LIVE updates: Earthquake measuring 6.9 in magnitude rocks Myanmar; tremors felt in north India

Tremors were felt in parts of Kolkata, Guwahati, Patna, Bhubaneswar and Delhi.
BY: EXPRESS WEB DESK | NEW DELHI |UPDATED: APRIL 13, 2016 8:01 PM
An earthquake measuring 6.9 in magnitude hit Myanmar on Wednesday evening, triggering tremors in parts of Kolkata, Guwahati, Patna, Bhubaneswar and, also, Delhi.

Tremors were also felt in many parts of North and East India.
Explained: Understanding the earthquake

LIVE updates:

# This earthquake is expected to have a high humanitarian impact based on the magnitude and the affected population and their vulnerability: GDACS (Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System)

#

People in Kolkata vacate their residences in wake of tremors felt in the city. Earthquake magnitude 7.0 hit Myanmarpic.twitter.com/ExRrUiVhuB

— ANI (@ANI_news) April 13, 2016

#

#Earthquake in Guwahati. Tremors felt in Calcutta. Empty press box at#EdenGardens. #KKRvMIpic.twitter.com/zQJSOa3fG5

— Shamik Chakrabarty (@shamik100) April 13, 2016

More details to follow.

Lions Of Punjab

Country flag
Tremors were felt here in Kolkata too . Everybody in my society rushed outside . Hope this does not create much harm in any country .

Superdefender

Yeah, I felt too. I was teaching my uncle's son and at that time I felt it. It was minor.

Illusive

Country flag
Few days ago it was in Afghanistan, last year Nepal.

The Indian continental plate is really banging the Eurasian plate and as a result these earthquakes.

Scientists have been talking about the big one.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles