Line of Control & Border skirmish: News, Images & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
I heard about the Pakistani claim that their jet flew over Siachen. How high did they fly?

We do have air-defences in Siachen. IA probably would not give up the opportunity to shoot one down.

ZU-23-2 at Siachen

Igla at Siachen
Also, very rare the DShK which was captured on Qaid was used against Pakis.

Probably the only DShK in service.

Last edited:

S.J

Country flag
It is a healthy sign when we engage in critiquing any analysis or op-ed. It is not a healthy sign when we begin to act like a bunch of potty-mouths.

One does not have to agree with everything Raghu Raman says, but given that he is a former military officer with COIN experience, one should at least read what he is saying with an open mind.

I also see someone accuse him of being a Congress mouthpiece, after I left to note to avoid political debates in this thread. There is no reason to come to this conclusion given the content of the article.

Here is the ending of the article by Raghu Raman, and I agree with this conclusion, one hundred percent.

Source: https://qz.com/990579/for-all-the-chest-thumping-india-cannot-win-a-war-against-pakistan/
I agree, I should have been civil in describing the author, but that does not change the fact that this article is pure crap and rhetoric. First of all, healthy criticism is good and I would definitely sit up and take notice if the article is from an Indian that to from an ex defense personal instead of someone else.
The headline says India can't win against Pakistan in a war so instead of presenting facts where India is lacking against Pakistan, the author has managed to involve China in almost every sentence of the entire article, it's fine if the author wants to do that but then he should have headlined it India can't win a two front war. Now everyone knows we can't win a two front war right now and the forces are preparing for the same.
Then again he changes tune and says , "the US, UK , France and Russia will not involve themselves in India Pakistan war". But then why would China involve itself ? They have never got involved directly in the past and they have not given any indication they will , does the author have proof that they will ?
The author has quoted a war game to Afganistan to Osama bin Laden to Dinkar to what not, but has not presented a single fact or a single convincing argument to back his claim that India can't win a war against Pakistan.
Mr.Raman may be ex defense and may be a good guy, I don't know him and I have not followed him for me to judge him but this article does not convince me at all.

pankaj nema

Country flag
Kashmir: India to keep pressure on Pakistan troops at the LoC

Senior Army sources say pre-emptive strikes are being carried out against Pakistani positions which may preparing to carry out attacks on Indian positions, or trying to do a BAT action.

Bearing the brunt of attacks by Pakistani troops and the terrorist groups backed by them on the Line of Control, India has now adopted an "aggressive stance" and taking the war to the enemy's positions.

Senior Army sources told Mail Today that pre-emptive strikes are being carried out against Pakistani positions which may be readying themselves for carrying out attacks on Indian positions or trying to do a BAT action.

"Earlier, only our troops were on the vigil and on alert against any attack or personal assault against troops. Now, we are also taking the fight to them as we have started launching direct attacks on their posts and gun positions," the sources said.

The sources were discussing the recently-released video where Pakistani posts near Naushera sector were razed down with the use of antitank guided missiles and 105 mm artillery fire.

NEW POLICY

After the ceasefire between India and Pakistan came into effect in 2003, Pakistan Army has been relatively in an advantageous position as they were engaged occasionally in attacking Indian posts or fire at them to push infiltrators whereas the role of Indian forces have largely been maintaining a high vigil round the clock against the possibility such actions by them.

This keeps Indian troops under constant pressure. However, under the new policy, India will be in a position to keep the enemy troops under a similar stress situation.

The sources said India has beefed up its troops' positions both in the Kashmir valley as well as on the Line of Control while strengthening the three tier counter infiltration grid there.

"Close to 4,000 troops belonging to the Rashtriya Rifles battalions and regular Army units have been moved on the LoC and Valley in places like Uri and Tangdhar from where infiltration attempts can be attempted by the Pakistan Army," the sources said.

MORE THAN 100 TERRORISTS SUSPECTED TO BE WAITING TO SNEAK IN

More than 100 terrorists are suspected to be sitting on different locations opposite Indian positions on the LoC waiting for opportunities to sneak into the Indian territory.

"We are maintaining a vigil on their activities and the moment we see a marginal increase in their strength at a post or attempts by them to move close towards our positions, we are striking at them," sources said.

In one such incident, a Pakistan Special Forces operative was evacuated out of a Pakistani post and shifted to a medical facility where he died after getting injured in punitive Indian fire assault.

India had launched a massive fire assault along the LoC to destroy Pakistani posts and bunkers along with killing of Pakistan Army personnel and terrorists sitting there.

PLUGGING GAPS IN SECURITY GRID

Simultaneously, the Army is also plugging the gaps in security grid in the hinterland as it has decided to move in a battalion of Rashtriya Rifles to the troublesome South Kashmir area which has seen some worst cases of stone pelting and heightened terrorist activity in the last one year.

South Kashmir has seen a substantial increase in the number of terrorists as the Army had pulled out some Rashtriya Rifles units from there to the locations on the LoC leaving a vacuum in the last few years.

Meanwhile, India on Wednesday denied claims of Pakistan that its aircraft flew over or near the Siachen glacier as Air Force sources said there was no air space violation in the region where it was maintaining high vigil.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...emptive-strikes-line-of-control/1/962382.html

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Coming back to LoC, I wonder what to make of Paki tincan force sudden pro-active posture in this region.

To my untrained eye, it seems there's an internal struggle in the Napaki land. The omnipresent Napaki fauj, just had their backsides probed, violated, stuffed with Andhra mirchi and handed back to them, twice (or even more) in less than a year.

First time they were able to brush it off, but second time, the fauji aura is beginning to dim a little. I suspect, there's a lot of internal uneasiness in the fauj. Combined with the Panama leaks, Dawn leaks, ICJ setback, Afghan hammering, a resurgent Baloch movement and all the other shite that goes on in Shitistan, the fauj probably finds itself in a vulnerable situation.

The Paki tincan force probably sees this as a golden opportunity to muscle in as the prime idaara-e-difaa of Shitistan. Thus, all this drama of landing Paki jets at Skardu and flying over Khaplu/Gyari accompanied by the usual bombast. PAF, probably wants to extract more concessions, more money and more leverage for itself after this saga is over.

Interesting times ahead.
I think you are reading it right. It seems someone knows this in South Block too. And the so-called unholy rhetoric by India is adding to their problems.

Pakistan is left with no other option but to deny that it never happened.

Posters like me here and even at WAB, including OoE have been suggesting the same for many years that any offence against PA must be made visible. So its not that we are just supporting since New Goverment is formed.

Using the liberty to add more:

People on both sides of politics (Left and Right) will give it a twist to their liking is understandable.

Having said that an innocent victory sign teaser will always add a psychological advantage than a half-literate expert's smart analysis, given what is happening on the ground is done by not the opinion makers but actual people who understand the warfare and politics both.

armyofhind

Country flag
Kashmir: India to keep pressure on Pakistan troops at the LoC

Senior Army sources say pre-emptive strikes are being carried out against Pakistani positions which may preparing to carry out attacks on Indian positions, or trying to do a BAT action.

Bearing the brunt of attacks by Pakistani troops and the terrorist groups backed by them on the Line of Control, India has now adopted an "aggressive stance" and taking the war to the enemy's positions.

Senior Army sources told Mail Today that pre-emptive strikes are being carried out against Pakistani positions which may be readying themselves for carrying out attacks on Indian positions or trying to do a BAT action.

"Earlier, only our troops were on the vigil and on alert against any attack or personal assault against troops. Now, we are also taking the fight to them as we have started launching direct attacks on their posts and gun positions," the sources said.

The sources were discussing the recently-released video where Pakistani posts near Naushera sector were razed down with the use of antitank guided missiles and 105 mm artillery fire.

NEW POLICY

After the ceasefire between India and Pakistan came into effect in 2003, Pakistan Army has been relatively in an advantageous position as they were engaged occasionally in attacking Indian posts or fire at them to push infiltrators whereas the role of Indian forces have largely been maintaining a high vigil round the clock against the possibility such actions by them.

This keeps Indian troops under constant pressure. However, under the new policy, India will be in a position to keep the enemy troops under a similar stress situation.

The sources said India has beefed up its troops' positions both in the Kashmir valley as well as on the Line of Control while strengthening the three tier counter infiltration grid there.

"Close to 4,000 troops belonging to the Rashtriya Rifles battalions and regular Army units have been moved on the LoC and Valley in places like Uri and Tangdhar from where infiltration attempts can be attempted by the Pakistan Army," the sources said.

MORE THAN 100 TERRORISTS SUSPECTED TO BE WAITING TO SNEAK IN

More than 100 terrorists are suspected to be sitting on different locations opposite Indian positions on the LoC waiting for opportunities to sneak into the Indian territory.

"We are maintaining a vigil on their activities and the moment we see a marginal increase in their strength at a post or attempts by them to move close towards our positions, we are striking at them," sources said.

In one such incident, a Pakistan Special Forces operative was evacuated out of a Pakistani post and shifted to a medical facility where he died after getting injured in punitive Indian fire assault.

India had launched a massive fire assault along the LoC to destroy Pakistani posts and bunkers along with killing of Pakistan Army personnel and terrorists sitting there.

PLUGGING GAPS IN SECURITY GRID

Simultaneously, the Army is also plugging the gaps in security grid in the hinterland as it has decided to move in a battalion of Rashtriya Rifles to the troublesome South Kashmir area which has seen some worst cases of stone pelting and heightened terrorist activity in the last one year.

South Kashmir has seen a substantial increase in the number of terrorists as the Army had pulled out some Rashtriya Rifles units from there to the locations on the LoC leaving a vacuum in the last few years.

Meanwhile, India on Wednesday denied claims of Pakistan that its aircraft flew over or near the Siachen glacier as Air Force sources said there was no air space violation in the region where it was maintaining high vigil.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...emptive-strikes-line-of-control/1/962382.html

If this is true, then this is a welcome development.
Change of strategy and what was being advocated for by so many individuals.

mayfair

I am still surprised that Napaki fauj is still able to hide their casualties from their aawaam and the rest of the world.

By the most conservative estimates, 15 Napakis were dispatched to jahannum on May 9th alone. All we have seen is 2 links (social media only) about the jahannum rukshati.

Do the aam abdul and ayesha care so little about their near and dear ones that they fail to protest against this humiliation of the shahadat of their loved ones?

pmaitra

I agree, I should have been civil in describing the author, but that does not change the fact that this article is pure crap and rhetoric. First of all, healthy criticism is good and I would definitely sit up and take notice if the article is from an Indian that to from an ex defense personal instead of someone else.
The headline says India can't win against Pakistan in a war so instead of presenting facts where India is lacking against Pakistan, the author has managed to involve China in almost every sentence of the entire article, it's fine if the author wants to do that but then he should have headlined it India can't win a two front war. Now everyone knows we can't win a two front war right now and the forces are preparing for the same.
Then again he changes tune and says , "the US, UK , France and Russia will not involve themselves in India Pakistan war". But then why would China involve itself ? They have never got involved directly in the past and they have not given any indication they will , does the author have proof that they will ?
The author has quoted a war game to Afganistan to Osama bin Laden to Dinkar to what not, but has not presented a single fact or a single convincing argument to back his claim that India can't win a war against Pakistan.
Mr.Raman may be ex defense and may be a good guy, I don't know him and I have not followed him for me to judge him but this article does not convince me at all.
Thank you Sir. Appreciated. We can all agree or disagree without resorting to gali-galoch. :)

IndianHawk

Country flag
Do the aam abdul and ayesha care so little about their near and dear ones that they fail to protest against this humiliation of the shahadat of their loved ones?
They perhaps care about their own lives which might have been threatened by napaki army/ISI in case any media leak against the napaki army propaganda .

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Coming back to LoC, I wonder what to make of Paki tincan force sudden pro-active posture in this region.

To my untrained eye, it seems there's an internal struggle in the Napaki land. The omnipresent Napaki fauj, just had their backsides probed, violated, stuffed with Andhra mirchi and handed back to them, twice (or even more) in less than a year.

First time they were able to brush it off, but second time, the fauji aura is beginning to dim a little. I suspect, there's a lot of internal uneasiness in the fauj. Combined with the Panama leaks, Dawn leaks, ICJ setback, Afghan hammering, a resurgent Baloch movement and all the other shite that goes on in Shitistan, the fauj probably finds itself in a vulnerable situation.

The Paki tincan force probably sees this as a golden opportunity to muscle in as the prime idaara-e-difaa of Shitistan. Thus, all this drama of landing Paki jets at Skardu and flying over Khaplu/Gyari accompanied by the usual bombast. PAF, probably wants to extract more concessions, more money and more leverage for itself after this saga is over.

Interesting times ahead.
Just a thought.....

How about having a look at two major things that has happened in the past two weeks..

1) dawn report on CPEC
2) reports that US is cutting funds to pakiland..

Usually in the past between US And china, they used to fall back on atleast one of their masters.

This would be the first time since CPEC talk started, they got hit from both sides at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles