Life in Pakistan.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Americas Support for Israel and the suffering of the common Palestenian people has got these talibs a recruitment platform. Lets not forget America fathered the terrorists, and Pakistan gave birth to it. And Now its Back to haunt the parents!

Country flag
why would taliban care about palestinians? they never did anything for the Taliban? either way these terror groups all have the same common cause jehad -just different names and geography.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
They dont care for the Palestenians, But The Palestenian suffering is an awesome plank for the Jihadis to brainwash youth and get to kill others and themselves. After the Gaza attacks I am sure thousands of youths joined up for Jihad with these terrorist stupid organisations!

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
They dont care for the Palestenians, But The Palestenian suffering is an awesome plank for the Jihadis to brainwash youth and get to kill others and themselves. After the Gaza attacks I am sure thousands of youths joined up for Jihad with these terrorist stupid organisations!
And, have you noticed one thing? Its the footsoldiers who do all the killing and get killed? The masterminds are always so aloof from the entire thing as if it were something messy which they don't want to get themselves involved in...

Maybe they don't want to goto Jannat and that is something they want to leave to the footsoldiers.... ;;);;);;)

Country flag
palestine is unique in the sense that both Sunni and shiite terror groups are involved.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
offtopic- In all honesty, Palestine is unique in the sense that the Oppression against them is unique, and its a modern day apartheid going on there. I believe the Israelis have a right to exist right beside a Palestinian state.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Nice thread Kamran bhai. :)

My questions would be: How much of a resentment do you think is there towards US drone strikes in their country among the pakistani civilian population in Pakistan's biggest population centres (Sindh and Punjab- areas not immediately affected); and concomitant to that, how much of a resentment is there towards pakistani leaders that are widely seen to be puppets, or atleast confederates, of the US?

If this resentment is seething, why then is there no sort of popular uprising? And what about the political opposition- I would expect them to try and gain some political leverage from public antagonism? Or are pakistanis resigned to the fact that they voted these leaders in and so must put up with their administration?

On a side note, how good is the Harees these days in Gawalmandi? :D

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Nice thread Kamran bhai. :)

My questions would be: How much of a resentment do you think is there towards US drone strikes in their country among the pakistani civilian population in Pakistan's biggest population centres (Sindh and Punjab- areas not immediately affected); and concomitant to that, how much of a resentment is there towards pakistani leaders that are widely seen to be puppets, or atleast confederates, of the US?

If this resentment is seething, why then is there no sort of popular uprising? And what about the political opposition- I would expect them to try and gain some political leverage from public antagonism? Or are pakistanis resigned to the fact that they voted these leaders in and so must put up with their administration?

On a side note, how good is the Harees these days in Gawalmandi? :D
People in Pakistan hate the idea. No one approve it. But since media in Pakistan is so independent any one can come and swear the govt. so ppl vent out there anger that way. However, 16 March long march planned is public uprising. Last week show of PML-N was also one kind of public uprising. Public and leader are also careful coz in case of massive uprising chances of army coup is high.

Gowalmandi haressa is great :) its winter so the sales are on ;)

EnlightenedMonk

But since media in Pakistan is so independent any one can come and swear the govt. so ppl vent out there anger that way.
Look musalman, I don't mean to be flaming you or anything, but your claim doesn't seem to hold any water. Your press freedom levels are consistently abysmal.

In fact, I have PDF report in my hand which categorically refutes your claim of an independent media.

http://www.freedomhouse.org/uploads/fop08/FOTP2008Tables.pdf

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Look musalman, I don't mean to be flaming you or anything, but your claim doesn't seem to hold any water. Your press freedom levels are consistently abysmal.

In fact, I have PDF report in my hand which categorically refutes your claim of an independent media.

http://www.freedomhouse.org/uploads/fop08/FOTP2008Tables.pdf
http://ibnlive.in.com/blogs/rajdeepsardesai/1/53198/pakistans-reality-bytes.html

I am not claiming I am giving my perceptive. There was a time when we used to hate watching TV coz there was only one channel call PTV. Now cross media channels like Dawn, Geo, Waqt Express have come. Before I could never see a minister being grilled live on TV and ppl can call nearly swear them. Now we can.
Mushraff tried to curtail this but he was not successful :)

So u see when u have a media to vent out your anger chances of revolution are alot less :)

EnlightenedMonk

http://ibnlive.in.com/blogs/rajdeepsardesai/1/53198/pakistans-reality-bytes.html

I am not claiming I am giving my perceptive. There was a time when we used to hate watching TV coz there was only one channel call PTV. Now cross media channels like Dawn, Geo, Waqt Express have come. Before I could never see a minister being grilled live on TV and ppl can call nearly swear them. Now we can.
Mushraff tried to curtail this but he was not successful :)

So u see when u have a media to vent out your anger chances of revolution are alot less :)
Look, I'm not disputing the fact that it is getting better. But the thing is that your country is being consumed by the Taliban. And yet, most of your mainstream press are trying to make differences between good Taliban and Bad Taliban. Most of the world thinks otherwise. There are no Good Taliban, according to me.

Boss, your media has to wake up to the fact that if you make peace with the terrorists, they'll come back to bite you. It is, in fact, happening. Quite a few bombs and murders.

Even though you may give differences between Sufi Mohammad and the bad Taliban, are you sure that Sufi Mohammad himself is not a Taliban guy??? That is, they're not trying to pull off the "Good Cop, Bad Cop" routine on you, are they???

:):):)

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Look, I'm not disputing the fact that it is getting better. But the thing is that your country is being consumed by the Taliban. And yet, most of your mainstream press are trying to make differences between good Taliban and Bad Taliban. Most of the world thinks otherwise. There are no Good Taliban, according to me.

Boss, your media has to wake up to the fact that if you make peace with the terrorists, they'll come back to bite you. It is, in fact, happening. Quite a few bombs and murders.

Even though you may give differences between Sufi Mohammad and the bad Taliban, are you sure that Sufi Mohammad himself is not a Taliban guy??? That is, they're not trying to pull off the "Good Cop, Bad Cop" routine on you, are they???

:):):)
Of course there are good and bad people in all areas / nations etc. U can not brand every one bad.

BTW lets not get off topic

Rage

DFI TEAM
People in Pakistan hate the idea. No one approve it. But since media in Pakistan is so independent any one can come and swear the govt. so ppl vent out there anger that way. However, 16 March long march planned is public uprising. Last week show of PML-N was also one kind of public uprising. Public and leader are also careful coz in case of massive uprising chances of army coup is high.

Gowalmandi haressa is great :) its winter so the sales are on ;)
Thank you Kamran bhai, that was an appropriate response. I'm dying for some great Harees again. We in India usually make it in the South- in Kerala and in Andhra Pradesh in particular. Hyderabadis especially make a great Harees.

What I gather from the 'Long March' is that it is a direct result of the eviction of the Sharifs by the Supreme Court: a rallying by supporters of the PML-N if you will, and not a public protest against government policies in the WoT. The lawyers' participation is also due to their own grievances, aimed at restoring the CJ and other top judges deposed by Musharraf- an election promise as yet unfulfilled by Zardari. And the JI's participation is also primarily in support of the lawyers and to exact their own political mileage from the situation- and to decry what it calls "unconstitutional and confrontational measures" by the PPP. In none of this do I see however a public uprising/ political opposition that speaks directly to the core issue of the violation of Pakistan's sovereignty by the United States on an all too frequent basis.

In related news infact that speaks directly to the contrary:
US Missile Attacks On Pakistan To “Dramatically Increase”

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Thank you Kamran bhai, that was an appropriate response. I'm dying for some great Harees again. We in India usually make it in the South- in Kerala and in Andhra Pradesh in particular. Hyderabadis especially make a great Harees.

What I gather from the 'Long March' is that it is a direct result of the eviction of the Sharifs by the Supreme Court: a rallying by supporters of the PML-N if you will, and not a public protest against government policies in the WoT. The lawyers' participation is also due to their own grievances, aimed at restoring the CJ and other top judges deposed by Musharraf- an election promise as yet unfulfilled by Zardari. And the JI's participation is also primarily in support of the lawyers and to exact their own political mileage from the situation- and to decry what it calls "unconstitutional and confrontational measures" by the PPP. In none of this do I see however a public uprising/ political opposition that speaks directly to the core issue of the violation of Pakistan's sovereignty by the United States on an all too frequent basis.

In related news infact that speaks directly to the contrary:
US Missile Attacks On Pakistan To “Dramatically Increase”
Govt is trying to portray it as March for Sharif but in actual its for restoration of judiciary :) If that is done we are all safe even if Zaradari is president for 5 years :)

peacecracker

Does most of the population of pakistan believes in the ramblings of zaid hamid(brass track) ?I have seen pakistanis who gets aroused by his gibberish.
Also ,tell me if there is a zionist-hindu-christian conspiracy against Pakistan and Islam?

Why most of the Pakistanis as well as Radical Muslims I met are so convinced of Jews as some Great Enemy?What did the poor jews did?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Are they any Vegetarians in Pak or is Veg food readily available in Pak ?

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Does most of the population of pakistan believes in the ramblings of zaid hamid(brass track) ?I have seen pakistanis who gets aroused by his gibberish.
No one knows him in Pakistan. His show is on TV1 which is hardly seen.

Also ,tell me if there is a zionist-hindu-christian conspiracy against Pakistan and Islam?
You ask that question to Zaid Hamid :) better

Why most of the Pakistanis as well as Radical Muslims I met are so convinced of Jews as some Great Enemy?What did the poor jews did?
Well its not only Pakistan but the whole Muslim world. The reason for that is illegal occupation of Palestine by Zionist. However, if u read history Jews were given shelter first by the Muslim Spain and then by the Osmanli Khalifah. We have nothing against a normal Jew. There are alot if Jews still living in Islamic Lands especially in Iran.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Are they any Vegetarians in Pak or is Veg food readily available in Pak ?
Only Daal Mash and nothing else Veg food in Pakistan means Vegetable with meat.
I have never seen a vegetarian in Pakistan

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
How good are Pak highways ? How many of the highways are expressways ? I have heard they are empty ?

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
How good are Pak highways ? How many of the highways are expressways ? I have heard they are empty ?
Depends major highways are really good. For example road from Lahore Islamabad and Peshwar is 6 land limited excess motorway. Road from Lahore Faisalabad is also a motorway but 4 lane. Road from Karachi and HYderabad is also a 6 lane limited access motorway. Road from Islamabad Muree and Muzzaferabad is also a 4 lane limited access expressway. Rotedero Sindh to Gawadar is also a limited access motorway.
Grand Trank Road from Lahore till Peshwar is either 6 lane or 4 lane highway. Highway from Lahore Multan and Karachi is also a 4 lane highway.

They being empty, well not really they are pretty full with alot of traffic.

Lahore Islamabad Motorway

Typical Service area at Motorway

Another view of Service Area

Islamabad Muree Muzzfferabad Express Way

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles