Life in Pakistan.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Ask questions about life in Pakistan

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Good topic Musalman!

I wanna ask you one thing, I hear about Pakistanis saying that Muslims are killed of in India (yes there are riots, and they are a blot but its not like Muslims cant thrive in India! They are thriving!)

Now My question is, How are Christians and Hindus treated? I have read that Christians girls are mainly employed as servants in pakistani households and they are looked down upon and abused sexually and mentally.

Hindus, too have been under abuse I have heard. Now tell me about it. Once again thanks for the Topic! God Speed.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Good topic Musalman!

I wanna ask you one thing, I hear about Pakistanis saying that Muslims are killed of in India (yes there are riots, and they are a blot but its not like Muslims cant thrive in India! They are thriving!)

Now My question is, How are Christians and Hindus treated? I have read that Christians girls are mainly employed as servants in pakistani households and they are looked down upon and abused sexually and mentally.

Hindus, too have been under abuse I have heard. Now tell me about it. Once again thanks for the Topic! God Speed.
Most of the Christians are poor class. However there are some educated Christians too e.g. the constitution of Pakistan was drafted by a Christian AR Corlinous. Same in the case of Hindus, which are mostly in Karachi. Educated families and non educated one. There is no discrimination. It all depends on the person.

However in case of poor Muslim, Hindu and Christian there is discrimination but that is not due to religion but coz of social divide.

Regarding sexual abuse to Christian girls, not denying it never hapened but that was not coz of they being chritsian it was coz they were poor and can not defend themself. But again that might be one of incident its not a practice

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
I've heard that SWAT and other areas have become practically no-go areas and that even in cities like Peshawar, people stop going out at 9pm in the night due to fear of Taliban....

I've also heard the same for areas in Karachi....

Is this true?? If so, how true???

Thanks...

A.V.

very good topic musalman thanks,

i want to know something about education standards for the girl child.i expect its very good in the major cities but in smaller cities how is a girl treated when she wants to migrate to a bigger center for education.?

does the family allow young girls to stay away from home all by herself to continue her education?
remember my question only is for smaller places and villages,are the things changing now? any good schemes from the goverment or other organisations.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
I've heard that SWAT and other areas have become practically no-go areas and that even in cities like Peshawar, people stop going out at 9pm in the night due to fear of Taliban....

I've also heard the same for areas in Karachi....

Is this true?? If so, how true???

Thanks...
SWAT was a bad place to go but now it is safe to go there since after the truce. Regarding Karachi no that is not true but there are some areas which are dangerous coz of street crime so it is better u do not go there.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
I dont completely agree that the situation is peaceful after the Truce. Why is that 6 Police officers and a Civilian were killed in Peshawar in a suicide attack not many days back? Correct me please.

What you said is true, there is a Huge social divide in Pakistan right? Is it Feudal still?

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
very good topic musalman thanks,

i want to know something about education standards for the girl child.i expect its very good in the major cities but in smaller cities how is a girl treated when she wants to migrate to a bigger center for education.?

does the family allow young girls to stay away from home all by herself to continue her education?
remember my question only is for smaller places and villages,are the things changing now? any good schemes from the goverment or other organisations.
Small areas have girls school both private and public.

Punjab - No restriction can go to other towns for study
Baluchistan - Depends on family. There are woman who go to universities in Quetta who are from small town.
NWFP - Same as Baluchistan
Sindh - Nearly same as Punjab
Kashmir - No restriction infact Northern Areas are the most progressive

Mostly if a girl go out to other cities for study and come back she is treated with respect especially if she is a doctor :D

However, in tribal societies in secluded areas they do restrict education for girls and boys too, but in very few places, but there madrassas comes to rescue. Girls then go to Madrassah.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Is the Madrassah Education enough to substitue the worldly knowledge needed? what is the curriculum in the Madrassah? Is there Maths and Science?? Once again, I really appreciate your replies.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
I dont completely agree that the situation is peaceful after the Truce. Why is that 6 Police officers and a Civilian were killed in Peshawar in a suicide attack not many days back? Correct me please.

What you said is true, there is a Huge social divide in Pakistan right? Is it Feudal still?
No social divide is not huge, its not new it is coming before 1947. However since 1970 people are quite aware of there rights .

Feudal areas are very few and they have least % of Pakistani population. Majority of Pakistan is Punjab and majority of Punjab is Lahore Gujranwala Sialkot which are all very progressive and peaceful.

Situation is not completely peaceful but u were talking about no go areas. So the answer was no situation is not that bad.Of course if there is a war going on then that place is a no go area

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Is the Madrassah Education enough to substitue the worldly knowledge needed? what is the curriculum in the Madrassah? Is there Maths and Science?? Once again, I really appreciate your replies.
No Madrassah is not enough but then u can atleast read and write Urdu and Arabic. They do study mathematics but not other science subject, however there are some Madressas who offer scince subject. Infact Jamia Ashrafia in Lahore even have an O and A level program too.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
I thought war is over, and Truce declared, but why are these places No go??. I feel the terrorists are not keeping their word on a truce and regrouping for a battle royale.

Feudalism is rampant in Pakistan I hear. Then I hear about Ex army generals ammasing huge fortunes in the form of industries etc. is it true?

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Yes, but In India I know of Madrassahs, most of which teach science and Maths. I feel the Madrassah education system must be revamped immediately and capable teachers instituted. Its the only place where these kids can learn and must be taken care of.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
I thought war is over, and Truce declared, but why are these places No go??. I feel the terrorists are not keeping their word on a truce and regrouping for a battle royale.

Feudalism is rampant in Pakistan I hear. Then I hear about Ex army generals ammasing huge fortunes in the form of industries etc. is it true?
Army general and Fedualism are two different thing. Army generals earned alot during the Afgan war. Fedualism well coz of land reform its not as powerful as it was but still very powerful. But all areas have alternative ways of making living so they are not very powerful now. In there villages yes some of them are really bad

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Yes, but In India I know of Madrassahs, most of which teach science and Maths. I feel the Madrassah education system must be revamped immediately and capable teachers instituted. Its the only place where these kids can learn and must be taken care of.
I agree infact I am of the view all kids should go to same kind of education institute. Not the English medium or the Madrassa but a good quality native language based with good English as second language

EnlightenedMonk

Yep, I'm happy that in India our governments have been taking steps to try and slowly integrate Madarasas into the mainstream of education. And, that they're slowly introducing subjects like Science, math and computers in most madarasas.

Because, these are sensitive things that need to be regulated with the utmost urgency. And, so far, our governments seem to be doing a good job of it...

By the way, which school did you goto Ahmed?? And, where do you live???

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Yep, I'm happy that in India our governments have been taking steps to try and slowly integrate Madarasas into the mainstream of education. And, that they're slowly introducing subjects like Science, math and computers in most madarasas.

Because, these are sensitive things that need to be regulated with the utmost urgency. And, so far, our governments seem to be doing a good job of it...

By the way, which school did you goto Ahmed?? And, where do you live???
Same is being done here. But do u know most of the terrorist leaders are foreign university educated e,g OBL is Civil Engineer, Al Zahwari is Eye Doctor etc etc

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Yes, It amazes me as to how these terrorists, after enjoying the fruits of the Western world, took up arms for It, then Arms against it! It had nothing to do with Islam or Madrassah, Its just got to do with the "Evil Gene" In them!

EnlightenedMonk

Yes, It amazes me as to how these terrorists, after enjoying the fruits of the Western world, took up arms for It, then Arms against it! It had nothing to do with Islam or Madrassah, Its just got to do with the "Evil Gene" In them!
No evil gene boss... They just feel that America and the "infidel" countries are oppressing Muslims the world over and they want to teach all the "infidels" a lesson... God knows where they get all these ideas from ???

EnlightenedMonk

And, I think lately Zawahiri has added even us to the list of infidel nations that oppress muslim people... :D:D:D:D

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles